County losing... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Looks like Notts County are blowing it, now have Wycombe, Accrington and is to play in the next 3. I’m happy even if they end up drawing!

Last edited:

tigersb

Great result to add to yesterday's
Everything falling in to place now
50/50 chance of autos now imo

no_loyalty

Grimsby fans in meltdown on their fishy forum ha ha

Otis

Still 10-15% for me until Wycombe come a cropper or two.
I am slightly more optimistic. 25%-30% right now.

Yeah, it does look like Wycombe are the ones we are going to have to catch for 3rd spot..

Mucca Mad Boys

I am slightly more optimistic. 25%-30% right now.

Yeah, it does look like Wycombe are the ones to catch.

3rd is absolutely there for taking. We’re the in-form team in the mix at the minute. Notts County, Wycombe, Lincoln and Luton are 8th-11th in the form table at the minute, with Mansfield in 14th, Swindon 17th. Exeter are on the up to 4th. However, they and Notts are only 2pts ahead and Wycombe are 6pts ahead (though we have that game in hand). I wouldn’t mind a Notts County win over Wycombe now, a draw would be a jackpot for us.

... Just realised Zavon Hines scored for Chesterfield today, his most important goal for us a decade after he played for us haha.

Sick Boy

3rd is absolutely there for taking. We’re the in-form team in the mix at the minute. Notts County, Wycombe, Lincoln and Luton are 8th-11th in the form table at the minute, with Mansfield in 14th, Swindon 17th. Exeter are on the up to 4th. However, they and Notts are only 2pts ahead and Wycombe are 6pts ahead (though we have that game in hand). I wouldn’t mind a Notts County win over Wycombe now, a draw would be a jackpot for us.

... Just realised Zavon Hines scored for Chesterfield today, his most important goal for us a decade after he played for us haha.

Wouldn't exactly say it's there for the taking but we have a chance if we win the majority of our run in.

Otis

Wouldn't exactly say it's there for the taking but we have a chance if we win the majority of our run in.
Yep. Spot on.

We need Wycombe to wobble further and we can only afford one slip up I think.

Still some potential banana skins ahead.

Would take a draw at Newport, though a win would be brilliant.

matesx

Notts Co v Wycombe next Friday

I guess we want a Notts Co win

A lot of interesting fixtures next week regarding top teams v each other

Otis

Notts Co v Wycombe next Friday

I guess we want a Notts Co win

A lot of interesting fixtures next week regarding top teams v each other
Not sure.

Want to see Notts County continuing to fade, so would take a City win and a draw in that game. Claw back 2 points on both Wycombe and Notts County.

Grendel

Not sure.

Want to see Notts County continuing to fade, so would take a City win and a draw in that game. Claw back 2 points on both Wycombe and Notts County.

If Notts county win and we win then whatever permutation of results going forward neither of these two teams could stop us if we win every game.

A Notts county win here is vital.

Otis

If Notts county win and we win then whatever permutation of results going forward neither of these two teams could stop us if we win every game.

A Notts county win here is vital.
Yeah, I can see that, but I don't want to see Notts County get any momentum back.

I do realise they have Accrington after that, but as I say, I think if they beat Wycombe they would then go into that Accrington game with a spring in their step ànd they have only lost two games at home all season.

That was the reasoning. There's 8 games left to catch Wycombe.

Liquid Gold

Friday:
Lincoln V Exeter
Mansfield V Accrington
County V Wycombe

Monday:
Accrington V County
Luton V Mansfield

Things could link very different a week tomorrow. The man one we have to hope for is Wycombe not beating Notts County on Friday. If we can do the unthinkable and pick up 6 points while other results go our way I don't know how I'll cope.

Otis

Friday:
Lincoln V Exeter
Mansfield V Accrington
County V Wycombe

Monday:
Accrington V County
Luton V Mansfield

Things could look very different a week tomorrow. The main one we have to hope for is Wycombe not beating Notts County on Friday. If we can do the unthinkable and pick up 6 points while other results go our way I don't know how I'll cope.
Yep.

I would definitely take a draw between Notts County and Wycombe. That will result in from the last 2 games, 1 defeat and a draw for County and 2 draws for Wycombe.

That's wobbling form for both.

Don't wish to see anyone of our rivals with momentum, bar Luton and Accrington, who can go ahead and win every game remaining as far as we are concerned.

Liquid Gold

Yep.

I would definitely take a draw between Notts County and Wycombe. That will result in from the last 2 games, 1 defeat and a draw for County and 2 draws for Wycombe.

That's wobbling form for both.

Don't wish to see anyone of our rivals with momentum, bar Luton and Accrington, who can go ahead and win every game remaining as far as we are concerned.
Particularly Accrington who have to play just about everybody who matters but us.

wingy

I only see two potential chances for Wycombe to lose, V NC is one of those, could be wrong though and they Lock out for the rest of the season or cock up elsewhere .

Grendel

I only see two potential chances for Wycombe to lose, V NC is one of those, could be wrong though and they Lock out for the rest of the season or cock up elsewhere .

We definitely need them to lose to County

Otis

Drew at home to Port Vale yesterday and it doesn't matter if they don't lose as long as they draw a few while we win.

Otis

We definitely need them to lose to County
Disagree.

I don't want to see any of our rivals win and don't want to see any of them gain any little glimmer of momentum.

They keep drawing, we keep winning, we're in!

Grendel

Disagree.

I don't want to see any of our rivals win and dontd want to see any of them gain any glimmer of momentum.

They keep drawing, we keep winning, we're in!

Other teams will win and momentum is an irrelevance - in the end if we managed to beat Newport and Notts county beat Wycombe there would be a realistic chance the club will be 3rd or 4th by Monday. The only team with momentum would be us.

Users who are viewing this thread