Cov fans fighting eachother (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In Germany I think Bayern are pretty much hated by everyone who doesn’t support them.
When I was a kid we went on holiday to Bavaria a couple of times. The family friend we stayed with was very dismissive of north Germany. She didn’t have animosity She just felt they had nothing in common with the south.
I’m not much of an England fan but I expect sections of fans will give grief to players who play for rival clubs? Although I can’t think of any specifics...

I went to watch Hamburg season before last. It was a good laugh and even though they were 3-0 down to Mainz, everyone celebrated like they had won the world cup when they got a consolation goal in the 93rd minute. It was so much fun and they blasted out Scooter 'Always Hardcore' over the speaker when the goal went in. We were in the terrace and that's why I'm so keen on standing areas. They are brilliant!

There was me and 6 guys from Hamburg and we all brought a round during the game. Was dribbling by the end of it.

Agree with the comments about areas. We were in a restaurant and one of the lads overheard some people talking with accents from the Bavaria area. He started banging on about how it wasn't real Germany!

jas365

If someones in my seat then I just go and find another empty one if someone ask me to move then I do or ask people to shuffle along. People are generally fine as long as you don't act like a dick.

Someone was in my seat Saturday so I found a gap where we'd fit, the ticket holders turned up and said we were in their spot so I asked a bloke 5a few spaces along to shuffle up a bit he told me he was stood at his seat and I told him we'd leave if the empties next to him turned up. Nobody did and we spent the game chatting with those around us with a few random hugs when the goals went in. Not difficult.

Don't ever be at my seat at the Ricoh though.

The only problem with that approach is there were 8 of us, As we have away season tickets we very often get very central seats to the goal as they are allocated to us before they go on sale. I don't really see why we should all give up our seats in a prime spot and get split up as a group when we all want to be sat together.

I know some people will say we should have got there earlier, but I don't see why we should turn up 30-40 mins before kick off to sit in a seat that is already allocated to us.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Sounds like the club needed to make the arrangements clear over the tannoy from the start with it being a sell out and then steward it properly after that. Some idiots will always try and show off in front of mates though, one of these days they will pick on the wrong people.

Liquid Gold

The only problem with that approach is there were 8 of us, As we have away season tickets we very often get very central seats to the goal as they are allocated to us before they go on sale. I don't really see why we should all give up our seats in a prime spot and get split up as a group when we all want to be sat together.

I know some people will say we should have got there earlier, but I don't see why we should turn up 30-40 mins before kick off to sit in a seat that is already allocated to us.
Go and get a steward or a copper if you want them moved then. Never any excuse to end up with the shit that was happening on Saturday.

Tommo72

There has been a lot of compliments about the stewarding at Cheltenham which is fine but in my opinion they were very weak.

Just after kick off they asked the gatherings of lads down the front to move but tbh it was a pathetic, weak effort hence why they remained the whole game. I don’t mind if it adds to the atmosphere but it didn’t it just stopped many in Row A from viewing the game properly.

Old Warwickshire lad

I’ve been taking my lad to away games for 5 years now and he’s used to the mentality of our followings etc but the amount of dickheads has risen substantially in my opinion. Should we get to the Playoffs and the Semi is against Notts County then I will probably leave him at home for the Away leg because it will be toxic for sure.
Me too liked to take my grandson to visit different grounds. But just not worth it now, I am an old git but still get pissed off with our morons. My problem is I have to tell em.

Esoterica

The really sad thing about all this is the amount of people coming out and saying they have stopped taking their kids, essentially out of fear. People are reluctant to take our future support to a potential play off semi final against Notts County, which would be one of the modicums of (relative) success that we have experienced for decades or possibly will experience for who knows how long. Pretty tragic.

Tommo72

The really sad thing about all this is the amount of people coming out and saying they have stopped taking their kids, essentially out of fear. People are reluctant to take our future support to a potential play off semi final against Notts County, which would be one of the modicums of (relative) success that we have experienced for decades or possibly will experience for who knows how long. Pretty tragic.

I agree and it hasn’t stopped me generally. My lad is 13 now and he’s been to over 20 away grounds the last few years. I have no issue with lad or terrace culture, I’ve been part of both over the years but I guess with your kids you become naturally over protective etc. I generally don’t say anything because I don’t want to get into a situation if it’s just me and the lad, If it’s just me no issue I will front it up.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of the younger groups tend to be linked or familiar with some of the older lads.

letsallsingtogether

Exactly you don' get a ST for someone else to sit in your seat.
Had to ask someone to move last week.
Luckily he was just in the row below so moved.
Why should we move it is our seat.

pusbccfc

At the Ricoh there is no issue as those who want to be vocal, rowdy and sit where they want can be up in the corner.

At bigger away grounds back in the Championship and Premier League, those fans used to stand towards the back and elderly/families/those who want to sit were towards the front. These days with full away ends it's difficult to partition the fans.

Irish Sky Blue

I’ve been taking my lad to away games for 5 years now and he’s used to the mentality of our followings etc but the amount of dickheads has risen substantially in my opinion. Should we get to the Playoffs and the Semi is against Notts County then I will probably leave him at home for the Away leg because it will be toxic for sure.
Hopefully more season ticket holders will go this time

Johhny Blue

I have to agree. I think this applies to German society as a whole...basically they don’t behave like arseholes*. I also went to watch Hamburg earlier this year. It was brilliant. Great atmosphere, beers flowing. I’m pretty sure people were having a pint whilst watching the game. It was against Bayern so the Hamburg end was pretty much full of Bayern fans...not a hint of trouble. Essentially I think people are trusted and expected to behave themselves...follow the rules etc etc.
*im sure some people in Germany behave like arseholes on occasions.
*Hitler for one!

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

I went to watch Hamburg season before last. It was a good laugh and even though they were 3-0 down to Mainz, everyone celebrated like they had won the world cup when they got a consolation goal in the 93rd minute. It was so much fun and they blasted out Scooter 'Always Hardcore' over the speaker when the goal went in. We were in the terrace and that's why I'm so keen on standing areas. They are brilliant!

There was me and 6 guys from Hamburg and we all brought a round during the game. Was dribbling by the end of it.

Agree with the comments about areas. We were in a restaurant and one of the lads overheard some people talking with accents from the Bavaria area. He started banging on about how it wasn't real Germany!

When I went the Hamburg fans were going for it to a ‘euro-beat’ version of ‘Zorba the Greek’. Brilliant pre-match fun.
I find the divide interesting. I’d assume that there’d be an east v west but not so much north and south. As I type this I realise it would’ve been West Germany we holidayed in all those years ago. Without wanting to sound too ‘comrade dactyl’ about it, it’s strange how these rivalries form amongst people.

NortonSkyBlue

When I went the Hamburg fans were going for it to a ‘euro-beat’ version of ‘Zorba the Greek’. Brilliant pre-match fun.
I find the divide interesting. I’d assume that there’d be an east v west but not so much north and south. As I type this I realise it would’ve been West Germany we holidayed in all those years ago. Without wanting to sound too ‘comrade dactyl’ about it, it’s strange how these rivalries form amongst people.
I worked in Hamburg from 80-82 and was a regular at the volkspark stadion when Keegan then beckenbaur played for them. It was weird as they would play to full houses versus Bayern but have 12000 gates for games against the Bielefelds of the bundesliga.
I also periodically went to watch st Pauli. A game, a night at the fair, some fragrant company on the Reeperbahn and ending up at the fish market before heading home.
These were the auf wiedersehen pet years and their were plenty of British guys earning their crust in West Germany.
It seems like a lifetime ago but my abiding memory is still coming home for the Watford and West Ham games in the league cup in 80-81, that and my eldest daughter being born in Hamburg.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yes but clearly tickets are being passed on and not all season ticket holders have white sticks or read The Sunday Times...

I do love it SBT after a big Away trip, when there’s a post morterm of the latest shocking bout of behaviour. The Season Ticket Holders blame the Non Season Ticket holders and the Non Season Ticket Holders blame the SIB!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The other week I was walking up to my seat and a guy seating with his son noticed me coming my face must have given my thought away I was thinking oh someone is in my seat ill go and sit elsewhere before I could, he said "i am sitting in your seat mate" my reply yes but don't worry .He insisted he moved would not take no for an answer. I felt awful watching him and his son move elsewhere . Try to control my facial expressions another time. Being Johnney no mates at games I can sit anywhere no bother unless its at Wembley.

Joy Division

Observations from today...

Like I mentioned in this thread the other week, if people sit in the seats they are allocated to it makes everything a lot easier. If those people sitting in the wrong seats were so angry about having to move then just book your tickets earlier.

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Harry H

Observations from today...

Like I mentioned in this thread the other week, if people sit in the seats they are allocated to it makes everything a lot easier. If those people sitting in the wrong seats were so angry about having to move then just book your tickets earlier.

To be honest, (for those being asked to move) I don't think the issue is where they want to sit, I think the issue is that some 'lads' don't like being asked / told to do anything - macho stuff 'We do what we want, we do what we want etc !'

Last edited:

CV22SBA

Weren't the Cheltenham & Forest Green tickets only sold to season ticket holders? Maybe you should hope less season ticket holders go instead :)
No. ST Holders and Members, only Exeter has been ST Holders only.
Anyone can be a member its £20 for the season and you can buy 4 tickets per game usually.

Nick

Administrator
The other week I was walking up to my seat and a guy seating with his son noticed me coming my face must have given my thought away I was thinking oh someone is in my seat ill go and sit elsewhere before I could, he said "i am sitting in your seat mate" my reply yes but don't worry .He insisted he moved would not take no for an answer. I felt awful watching him and his son move elsewhere . Try to control my facial expressions another time. Being Johnney no mates at games I can sit anywhere no bother unless its at Wembley.

I've done it a couple of times, I sometimes just go in random seats at the Ricoh and a couple got there late and I was in one of theirs. I've no issue with budging along or moving out of their seat if I am in it and always apologise.

Had it a few times this season when I have been in my actual seat and people have got the wrong block and give it loads that I am in theres, happened to people around me as well.

Nowhere near the point of fighting, but trying to give it loads until they get their ticket out.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I've done it a couple of times, I sometimes just go in random seats at the Ricoh and a couple got there late and I was in one of theirs. I've no issue with budging along or moving out of their seat if I am in it and always apologise.

Had it a few times this season when I have been in my actual seat and people have got the wrong block and give it loads that I am in theres, happened to people around me as well.

Nowhere near the point of fighting, but trying to give it loads until they get their ticket out.

Be honest Nick, there must have been a couple of times you would of been tempted to give them a bit of a punch - Especially if you heard they were certain SBT posters!

Ashdown

To be honest, (for those being asked to move) I don't think the issue is where they want to sit, I think the issue is that some 'lads' don't like being asked / told to do anything - macho stuff 'We do what we want, we do what we want etc !'
Stick 'em in the army !

Users who are viewing this thread