Cov flag at Arsenal (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Anyone else noticed the Coventry St George’s flag at the Arsenal game. Behind the goal Newcastle shooting.

Ashdown

That Nuneaton Whites flag….that used to appear in the Leeds end at Highfield rd every year was enough for me…..😕

letsallsingtogether

maybe they just support Cov and want everyone to know it.

I would

Torquay Sky Blue

I'm Cov through and through but go to Torquay because they're my local team. Believe me it ain't glory.
Spend the whole game looking at the Cov score. Good excuse for a beer though

Monkey Boy

I remember the Nuneaton Whites flag being put up over the window of the Rose and Crown. They were told told not so politely by Trevor the gaffer to remove it. He was a Derby fan if memory serves.

JonesBob

What is it with people? If a person wants to support a team even they live in another place, why can't they? I lived in Japan for 23 years and supported CCFC but I also followed other teams in Japan, is it being suggested that only if you live in Coventry can you support the team?

WestEndAgro

And those dick heads that think it’s hard/cool to support Cov & Rangers FFS does my head in.
off GIF

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

What is it with people? If a person wants to support a team even they live in another place, why can't they? I lived in Japan for 23 years and supported CCFC but I also followed other teams in Japan, is it being suggested that only if you live in Coventry can you support the team?
I have been accused of not being a proper fan on this forum on multiple occasions because I live a staggering17 miles from the city. Given my Dad supports Chelsea, I could (and probably should) have followed him down that route but I am a 'bad fan' for opting against and supporting City. Some absolute whoppers about.

skybluelee

It's the law to support the team your dad supports. At least that's what my two daughters who were born and brought up 180 miles away from Coventry have been led to believe. Its worked for the last 14 years as they both still have City shirts and travel to games with me, and the youngest one is mascot in two weeks time.

CV22SBA

Neither, just a Rangers fan. Best not commenting on a subject you know nothing about.
Heard all about it when i lived in Tile Hill and the legion boys following Rangers. Still hear about it living in Rugby with the old Rugby legion boys. Doesn't interest me one bit.

WestEndAgro

Heard all about it when i lived in Tile Hill and the legion boys following Rangers. Still hear about it living in Rugby with the old Rugby legion boys. Doesn't interest me one bit.
So why you commenting🤔

Skyblueweeman

It's the law to support the team your dad supports. At least that's what my two daughters who were born and brought up 180 miles away from Coventry have been led to believe. Its worked for the last 14 years as they both still have City shirts and travel to games with me, and the youngest one is mascot in two weeks time.

I couldn't bring myself to let my lad support Pompey.

Ashdown

It’s a free country as they say but people born and bred in Cov who through the 80s supported Liverpool , the 90s Man Utd and then further forward the likes of Chelsea and Man City purely based on a desperate need to be attached to winning teams are very sad individuals …IMHO !

Bad Boy

I've always had the opinion that it's easy to support a succesful football team. Real fans are those that align themselves to clubs through thin and even thinner times and are usually (but not always) home town supporters.
Never tire of hearing the taunt at hordes of glory hunters of 'Where were you when you were shit?'
But hey its a free world and if folk want to dip their dicks in a bowl of custard.....carry on.

slowpoke

Pete Waterman born in Stoke Heath is a Walsall fan I think through his father, when you think of the time he was a kid in the early 60s Jimmy Hill mania swept through the city like a plague to stay loyal to Walsall is a compliment to him imo.

itsabuzzard

I've always had the opinion that it's easy to support a succesful football team. Real fans are those that align themselves to clubs through thin and even thinner times and are usually (but not always) home town supporters.
Never tire of hearing the taunt at hordes of glory hunters of 'Where were you when you were shit?'
But hey its a free world and if folk want to dip their dicks in a bowl of custard.....carry on.
That could catch on, but it would be prudent to dip your finger in first, just to make sure the custard isn't too hot. Otherwise the trip to A & E might be a bit awkward.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Bad Boy

That could catch on, but it would be prudent to dip your finger in first, just to make sure the custard isn't too hot. Otherwise the trip to A & E might be a bit awkward.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
If the custard has cooled there would be a film of skin on top...
Might make for an interesting experience may even heighten things a little.
Wow, I may patent the idea and sell it to Ann Summers.

Users who are viewing this thread