Cov Tele - more negative bullshit. (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

This from an article about away allocation at MK Dons- https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fc-news-16982495

‘More than half of last season's regulars to the Ricoh have once again decided to stay away from St Andrew's in the club's latest groundshare, many again saying that they will go to away games instead.

And the relatively short trip to to Milton Keynes, just over 50 miles down the M1, provides an ideal opportunity for stay away supporters to see their team.’

More bullshit from the rag that really does nothing to build bridges-leading an article with a quote from the one man supporters group (PBS) earlier this week (don’t get me started on THAT knobhead).

Why not promote the relatively short trip to Birmingham to watch our home games than a short 50 mile hop to Milton Keynes!!

Just drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lord_garrincha

There is actually no story.

We are playing MK soon.

There will be a large away following, as history tells us this.

Only thing they have not done is 'twitter quotes' trolls like the ex-hooligan who moans at the away ticket allocations!

The rest

Nick

Administrator
PSB Group aren't actually a fans group are they? The same ones who went on about starving the club of cash without having a clue what they were talking about?

Are they getting desperate for comments or something?

rockdude101

Why not promote the relatively short trip to Birmingham to watch our home games than a short 50 mile hop to Milton Keynes!!

provides an ideal opportunity for stay away supporters to see their team

You answered your own question, which you may have realized if you calmed down before proof reading your initial post. But by all means, keep ranting and talk of, to quote your exact words
to build bridges
whilst being completely hypocritical.

Covstu

PSB Group aren't actually a fans group are they? The same ones who went on about starving the club of cash without having a clue what they were talking about?

Are they getting desperate for comments or something?
Bury (and Bolton) have showed the world how starving a club of cash can have catastrophic consequences to the club, fans and local economy. People were always of the view that these things never happen but they did and the EFL stood their ground and done the deed. This is why I would never back any NOPM approach

Nick

Administrator
whilst being completely hypocritical.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Where's the insult?

I am sure you can see the irony in your post.

In the spirit of good will that’s broken out slightly in the Brexit thread, I mean this in good faith:

This just infuriates people you’re talking to. When you say “you know” or “have a think” it just comes across as you avoiding and winding up rather than actually having a discussion. It makes debate with you very tiring. Make a point and answer the questions you’re asked or accept people will think you’re a WUM.

rockdude101

Where's the insult?
Maybe you could have a little think about it?

The inference is quite obvious. Now you're being obtuse.

I am sure you can see the irony in your post.

No, I do not. You stated you found my comment on Fergusons_Beard's post as ironic when I mentioned hypocrisy. I am asking in what way is my post hypocritical? I have not claimed that I am building bridges in any way. Fergusons_Beard however expects the Telegraph to be building bridges before posting what is clearly an inflammatory post themselves. Am I not allowed to comment on what is clearly a hypocritical stance from Fergusons_Beard?

Nick

Administrator
In the spirit of good will that’s broken out slightly in the Brexit thread, I mean this in good faith:

This just infuriates people you’re talking to. When you say “you know” or “have a think” it just comes across as you avoiding and winding up rather than actually having a discussion. It makes debate with you very tiring. Make a point and answer the questions you’re asked or accept people will think you’re a WUM.

It's almost as if somebody on about people and the whole bandwagon for MK Dons matches whilst being outraged about CCFC moving then calling somebody else a hypocrite is obvious irony.

You will be telling me his isn't a dodgy account next too ;)

Skybluefaz

No, I do not. You stated you found my comment on Fergusons_Beard's post as ironic when I mentioned hypocrisy. I am asking in what way is my post hypocritical? I have not claimed that I am building bridges in any way. Fergusons_Beard however expects the Telegraph to be building bridges before posting what is clearly an inflammatory post themselves. Am I not allowed to comment on what is clearly a hypocritical stance from Fergusons_Beard?
Don't go to St Andrews because it's not Coventry. Do go to Mk Dons to a club that moved from London. I believe if you look close you'll see it.

Fergusons_Beard

Eh!

Why should I build bridges with the Cov Tel! Then how can I be hypocritical quoting them?

The Cov Tel SHOULD however be encouraging fans to back the club and go to our home games in Birmingham RATHER than travelling FURTHER to go to the FRANCHISE Club MK Dons!!!!

Unless of course you believe that our fans shouldn’t travel to Home Games-then I completely understand your POV.

By calling me a hypocrite is completely missing the point.

Cheap shot

Hobo

Eh!

Why should I build bridges with the Cov Tel! Then how can I be hypocritical quoting them?

The Cov Tel SHOULD however be encouraging fans to back the club and go to our home games in Birmingham RATHER than travelling FURTHER to go to the FRANCHISE Club MK Dons!!!!

Unless of course you believe that our fans shouldn’t travel to Home Games-then I completely understand your POV.

Cheap shot

The Coventry Telegraph will not build bridges with Cov Fans as it is too busy encouraging local people to support Wasps.

Astute

Don't go to St Andrews because it's not Coventry. Do go to Mk Dons to a club that moved from London. I believe if you look close you'll see it.
Or do go to MK and the Ricoh but don't go to St Andrews.

Sorry snowflakes but they are a bunch of fookin w@nkers. And if it ever gets sorted out the CET will wonder why they are left in the background. How the fork can they prefer London clubs to our own?

shmmeee

It's almost as if somebody on about people and the whole bandwagon for MK Dons matches whilst being outraged about CCFC moving then calling somebody else a hypocrite is obvious irony.

You will be telling me his isn't a dodgy account next too ;)

I give up. Have at it.

shmmeee

Cov telegraph is a school project now. Not sure many people read it, let alone influenced by it

Im absolutely stunned it and CWR have managed to hold their grip on CCFC news TBH.

literally the only newspaper website I still read and the only local radio I listen to. There should be CCFC bloggers and vloggers at the Robins press things and before/after games. They’d do a damn sight better job. I wish they’d open up the commentary rights instead of using it to prop up the BBC local audience. I value local radio, but there’s got to be a better way.

TTG

ccfc1234

To go back to the title of the thread negativity in the media. Whatever your views on City, Trump and Brexit, I see there is correlation in the way the media spin things between these three issues.
Trump is subject to impeachment as he has allegedly been acting illigally according to Nancy Pelosi. Yet the same woman in 1990s when Bill Clinton was subject to the same impeachment process. Comes out and says poor Bill is the victim of Republican agenda driven bias. The double standards are staggering.
Brexit, the people vote and the media spin things to try and make out the vote is not binding and out of nowhere a people's vote is needed. If things had been different would there have been this clamour for a second vote? The late paddy ashdown said before the referendum that he hoped people respect the outcome (thinking his view would prevail) now Jo Swinson wants to revoke article 50, as it suits her opportunist agenda and desired outcome. Double standards again.

City have been the victim of the same media bias in the telegraph for years. The corridors of power want a specific outcome (ownership change) and they have systematically drip feed this viewpoint it into their articles and comments on a regular basis.

The telegraph and more widely the media have lost their way and forgotten what journalism is about, reporting the news in a balanced fact based way. We all know about unconscious bias, which can clearly influence articles but the media have in recent times become advocates of some causes and don't let facts get in the way of pushing their view on their audiences.

In the case of City it has clearly fanned the flames of the NOPM agenda and created a view that SISU are terrible owners while others just as culpable for where we are now have been portrayed in a much more favourable light.

Last edited:

rockdude101

Why should I build bridges with the Cov Tel!

Quote exactly where I said as such. A deliberate strawman.

Cheap shot

It is entirely the point and entirely correct. You expect and demand that the Telegraph should be building bridges whilst doing nothing yourself.

Crawled back under his rockdude?

That's pretty funny. Still an ad hominem though. Got anything relevant to say?

Skybluefaz

That's pretty funny. Still an ad hominem though. Got anything relevant to say?
Tbf I'm mainly here for the football chat, not the politics. Unlike accounts like yours that seem to be much more interested in protecting the telegraph/Wasps. I specifically pointed out the hypocrisy for you, is that not relevant enough?

ccfctommy

Eh!

Cheap shot

How can a newspaper be expected to encourage people to go to games in Birmingham? They are just stating facts on this occasion.

Grendel

How can a newspaper be expected to encourage people to go to games in Birmingham? They are just stating facts on this occasion.

So the fact is more would choose to go further to the infamous MK Dons - makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread