Cov Tele - more negative bullshit. (1 Viewer)

rockdude101

Unlike accounts like yours that seem to be much more interested in protecting the telegraph/Wasps.

Still insulting my character and not my argument. Stay classy.

I specifically pointed out the hypocrisy for you, is that not relevant enough?

Am I right in thinking you are referring to this post:

Don't go to St Andrews because it's not Coventry. Do go to Mk Dons to a club that moved from London. I believe if you look close you'll see it.

Or a different one? I can't reply until you clarify where you specifically pointed out the hypocrisy (of my reply).

Irish Sky Blue

To go back to the title of the thread negativity in the media. Whatever your views on City, Trump and Brexit, I see there is correlation in the way the media spin things between these three issues.
Trump is subject to impeachment as he has allegedly been acting illigally according to Nancy Pelosi. Yet the same woman in 1990s when Bill Clinton was subject to the same impeachment process. Comes out and says poor Bill is the victim of Republican agenda driven bias. The double standards are staggering.
Brexit, the people vote and the media spin things to try and make out the vote is not binding and out of nowhere a people's vote is needed. If things had been different would there have been this clamour for a second vote? The late paddy ashdown said before the referendum that he hoped people respect the outcome (thinking his view would prevail) now Jo Swinson wants to revoke article 50, as it suits her opportunist agenda and desired outcome. Double standards again.

City have been the victim of the same media bias in the telegraph for years. The corridors of power want a specific outcome (ownership change) and they have systematically drip feed this viewpoint it into their articles and comments on a regular basis.

The telegraph and more widely the media have lost their way and forgotten what journalism is about, reporting the news in a balanced fact based way. We all know about unconscious bias, which can clearly influence articles but the media have in recent times become advocates of some causes and don't let facts get in the way of pushing their view on their audiences.

In the case of City it has clearly fanned the flames of the NOPM agenda and created a view that SISU are terrible owners while others just as culpable for where we are now have been portrayed in a much more favourable light.

I don’t think that people need the Telegraph to tell them that Sisu are terrible owners, the evidence of what they have done to the club and where they have taken us is there for all to see. If you want an independent view look at the verdicts and read the damning comments on our owners by the judges involved from the two JR cases.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t think that people need the Telegraph to tell them that Sisu are terrible owners, the evidence of what they have done to the club and where they have taken us is there for all to see. If you want an independent view look at the verdicts and read the damning comments on our owners by the judges involved from the two JR cases.

Of course.

How much have they reported the involvement of other parties?

Another question, how much did they report about CCC and their witchhunt against a local charity where CCC were found to have provided incorrect evidence?

MalcSB

Well, if the Supreme Court is anything to go by.............

Irish Sky Blue

Of course.

How much have they reported the involvement of other parties?

Another question, how much did they report about CCC and their witchhunt against a local charity where CCC were found to have provided incorrect evidence?
The point being made was that the Telegraph turns people against Sisu. He says that the Telegraph have “created a view that Sisu are terrible owners”. The implication is that Sisu really aren’t that bad. Sisu have been appalling owners and people don’t need the Telegraph to tell them this.
Should the Telegraph also point out the fact that Wasps are a franchise club who shouldn’t be here and the fact that they are also responsible for us leaving the Ricoh? Of course they should.
Should they go after CCC and Duggins in particular, firstly for not attending the meeting in Westminster and secondly for his blatant lie regarding the “no harm to CCFC only lasting 4 years? Yes they should.
They could be doing a lot more to bring the misdemeanours of all parties to public view. Vested interest with CCC and therefore Wasps is probably what stops them.
However, turning the spotlight off of Sisu simply because it isnt on the other two would be wrong.

Nick

Administrator
The point being made was that the Telegraph turns people against Sisu. He says that the Telegraph have “created a view that Sisu are terrible owners”. The implication is that Sisu really aren’t that bad. Sisu have been appalling owners and people don’t need the Telegraph to tell them this.
Should the Telegraph also point out the fact that Wasps are a franchise club who shouldn’t be here and the fact that they are also responsible for us leaving the Ricoh? Of course they should.
Should they go after CCC and Duggins in particular, firstly for not attending the meeting in Westminster and secondly for his blatant lie regarding the “no harm to CCFC only lasting 4 years? Yes they should.
They could be doing a lot more to bring the misdemeanours of all parties to public view. Vested interest with CCC and therefore Wasps is probably what stops them.
However, turning the spotlight off of Sisu simply because it isnt on the other two would be wrong.

So why do you think they just go after one side and completely ignore the others?

Nobody has said they should turn any spotlight off. However, sometimes when they go OTT shining the spotlight in one direction it's to hide something else.

Not just regarding CCFC ;)

Grendel

Where did you get your law degree?

Well where did the high court judges get their collective degrees if you are going to indulge in that game of pantomime

shmmeee

So why do you think they just go after one side and completely ignore the others?

Nobody has said they should turn any spotlight off. However, sometimes when they go OTT shining the spotlight in one direction it's to hide something else.

Why do you think Nick?

ccfctommy

So the fact is more would choose to go further to the infamous MK Dons - makes sense

Well, let's take a look...

There will be about 5 to 6000 City fans at St Andrews tomorrow.

MK will give us as many as we can sell and we will take at least six maybe eight thousand to 8k. More than we get at home. Not saying it's right or wrong, just a fact.

MalcSB

Where did you get your law degree?
You don’t need a law degree to realise that if any legal appeals are upheld then a legal ruling is suspect. Either the original ruling or the appeal ruling. Both cannot be right. Therefore I genuinely believe some rulings are suspect. QED.

Irish Sky Blue

I wasn’t defending the Telegraph. I was disputing the implied idea that Sisu are not really all that bad.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I wasn’t defending the Telegraph. I was disputing the implied idea that Sisu are not really all that bad.
Completely agree with your sentiments.
As bad as the telegraph are a number of people on this forum who seem to have lost all sense of reality regarding SISU simply because St Andrews has a lovely pitch.
Well done Joy. xxx
....from the missing 6000.

shmmeee

I am open to opinions about it.

Let me guess you will just say consipiracy and a post a tinfoil GIF?

If you think it’s a conspiracy and have no evidence yes, of course I would.

I think that actually once you turn off the frothing you realise that there’s no much of an ongoing story about “George Duggins doesn’t like travelling and sent his junior as representative” or “council once talked to Wasps” or for that matter “Wasps moved”.

I’d guess most of the interest from their readership is about the secretive organisation that runs the club and what their plans are.

They could run a weekly “we asked Wasps to change their mind and they said no” but not sure there’s much interest.

That’s why I’m asking what you think and what you’d want so I understand what your actual issue is. Other than of course that the Telegraph editorial stance doesn’t match exactly with your own views.

Nick

Administrator
If you think it’s a conspiracy and have no evidence yes, of course I would.

I think that actually once you turn off the frothing you realise that there’s no much of an ongoing story about “George Duggins doesn’t like travelling and sent his junior as representative” or “council once talked to Wasps” or for that matter “Wasps moved”.

I’d guess most of the interest from their readership is about the secretive organisation that runs the club and what their plans are.

They could run a weekly “we asked Wasps to change their mind and they said no” but not sure there’s much interest.

That’s why I’m asking what you think and what you’d want so I understand what your actual issue is. Other than of course that the Telegraph editorial stance doesn’t match exactly with your own views.

OK so as an example, why did they never report the open doors stuff? It was pretty damning, surely there's a lot of interest for that?

You say there isn't interest in certain things so they don't report it, I am sure there is more interest than when they report on a robbery 100 miles away and things like that.

There was a hell of a lot of interest in the emails about ACL wanting to buy Wasps but strangely they didn't show them or mention them in depth.

Still, they could just take a statement from a bloke and make out he's a fan's group and speaks on behalf of the fans to make a story though right?

No issue at all with them hammering SISU, the issue is that they sometimes forget certain bits. Speak to somebody who only gets their information from the Telegraph to see how much and what they know.

rockdude101

Forget it, you are being deliberately obtuse and it's fucking boring

You have deliberately sought inference as an excuse to duck scrutiny of your wildly inaccurate personal slurs. I take your dismissal as admitting your comments were completely false.

clint van damme

You have deliberately sought inference as an excuse to duck scrutiny of your wildly inaccurate personal slurs. I take your dismissal as admitting your comments were completely false.

What's with the verbosity? Do you think your fuckin Stephen Fry?

Skyblueweeman

Are you kidding me?!

That's exactly what I want them to be doing. Putting pressure on a franchised rugby club whose move has largely contributed to us moving to SAs and has helped jeopardise our long term viability, is totally what they should be doing.

EVERY CCFC fan would be interested in that. The continued silence would speak volumes and maybe start to shine some light on them.

They SHOULDN'T be in Cov. End of. Anyone who supports them or their move who is a true CCFC fan, needs sectioned.

Users who are viewing this thread