Coventry 1883 at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

We had to wait for Chester City to be wound up before we started up Chester FC otherwise we would have started way further down the pyramid than we did. In our situation we could see the end coming and plans were in place for the day the old club didn't exist anymore...

magic82ball

Wouldn't the energies be better spent pushing both sides to talk about putting the current club back in there?

your a genius, why the fuck has no one else thought of this?

RogerH

We had to wait for Chester City to be wound up before we started up Chester FC otherwise we would have started way further down the pyramid than we did. In our situation we could see the end coming and plans were in place for the day the old club didn't exist anymore...

Would there not be major policing and security issues about putting a club with potentially four figure support in say the Midland Combination where they would be playing on parks pitches ?

Bill Glazier

'Coventry City 1883' would be able to enter the pyramid quite high up I reckon, especially if ACL get fully behind it. There's been talk of a Sky Blues museum at the Ricoh and the new club could adopt the club's history, songs and general culture. The shop could sell Sky Blue merchandise and maybe even Sky Blue Sam could be lured back from Sixfields. For most fans it would seem as if nothing had really changed. The timing is now perfect - wait a week or two to make sure SisuFc really has gone for good - and then crack on with forming CC1883 for the '14/15 season. PUSB!!

mark82

Would there not be major policing and security issues about putting a club with potentially four figure support in say the Midland Combination where they would be playing on parks pitches ?

They did it with Wimbledon & FC United. Just saying dont expect special treatment.

RogerH

AFC Wimbledon joined at level 9 and got 5 promotions in 9 years to get to League 2.

What a roller coaster ride if we did the same.

stupot07

No, Wimbledon played in the 9th tier with crowds of 4k.

They did it with Wimbledon & FC United. Just saying dont expect special treatment.

The support your team has or the size of the old club has no bearing on which league you are placed in. In our first year as Chester FC we played at some really small grounds - they simply just made the match all ticket. I know it's a different country but take Rangers up in Scotland as another example... Some of the grounds they went to last season were of the same standard as lower non league in this country. Didn't stop the authorities putting them in that league, regardless of the clubs size and its support.

mark82

The support your team has or the size of the old club has no bearing on which league you are placed in. In our first year as Chester FC we played at some really small grounds - they simply just made the match all ticket. I know it's a different country but take Rangers up in Scotland as another example... Some of the grounds they went to last season were of the same standard as lower non league in this country. Didn't stop the authorities putting them in that league, regardless of the clubs size and its support.

Exactly my point.

I hear that the staff have already been issued with RED ties in the event that SISU FC run off to Northampton and yes this is a genuine post.

Vedere

SISU didn't start the engine on the drive to this horrid destination; they did steer us here though. I for one do not want ACL or any other body to reconcile with them to ensure (endure) the existence of CCFC. I'd prefer a swift death... Then as Chester did, we have things in place to takeover - the way the club should be ran!

carlh25

I'd be happy to help out with a new club formation. I ran a Sunday league side did all the admin, accounts and fixtures etc. If jobs are shared around and there are share issues like Leamington have which cannot be sold then it would make the club more viable. If anybody wants ideas go to a Leamington match and see how the trust works with the management there.

Users who are viewing this thread