coventry blaze (1 Viewer)

Tad

Was he on the Steds?

Cocaine and cannabis.

Full Story: http://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/two-year-ban-for-domish-p183289

Has to be said though, days before this happened, he went into hospital (on his own accord) to see a seriously ill women. She was a huge fan of his and sadly, days later, she died.

He seems like a nice bloke, but he knew what he was doing. He's made his bed so...

Last edited:

Tad

Mike Henrich. It's his brother. I'm guessing he'll be the other signing.

So that's,

Mike Schutte
Mike Egener
Mike Zacharias
Mike Henrich

In a club owned by Mike Cowley...

Last edited:

Houdi

Team roster so far:
http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/index.php/team/roster

Looks pretty good! Having both Henrich's is a huge thing for us.

His stats:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2082
The signing has been muted for a while,but still pleased to have it finally confirmed.Only surprise is that he was a high first round draft pick,but never got to play in the 'Show',however having played AHL and the DEL leagues suggests a high pedigree.Hopefully he will be a league stand out player.

Houdi

Looks a decent signing,not much AHL experience,but has a good points record in the East Coast.4 more imports to come,probably 3 forwards and 1 new Dman.Our 3 import forwards look like they will put up good points,however our Brit forwards don't loolk like they will put up decent numbers,so it is important that the other imports are of a decent level.Secondary scoring is always vital for a team's success.Ideally the budget will stretch to getting Tait back,although I somehow doubt it.

ajsccfc

I keep meaning to go to a Blaze match. I just missed out on seeing the Canucks when I was over there so it seems mad that I can tick off 'attend an ice hockey game' by travelling about 10 minutes, yet I still haven't.

CJ_covblaze

It would be great to have Tait back as a player-assistant coach however considering his history he may not be welcome/allowed in Coventry for more than a few hours at a time!

As for Erickson's +/-, Benn's was one of the best in the league last season and plenty still moaned about his input so I shouldn't worry about that mate!

Last edited:
It would be great to have Tait back as a player-assistant coach however considering his history he may not be welcome/allowed in Coventry for more than a few hours at a time!

As for Erickson's +/-, Benn's was one of the best in the league last season and plenty still moaned about his input so I shouldn't worry about that mate!

agreed, would be great to have tait back. but only if he wanted to play for us instead of a last resort. the way he left wasnt the best and left a bitter taste in thommos mouth, i can see robert farmer going down the same road

CJ_covblaze

Well Taiter's back!

Houdi

Looks a decent signing,although his +/- stats are a bit of a worry.I still think we are a decent brit short of a title threatening side.Ashley Tait is still seemingly available,if would be great if the budget would stretch to bringing back our grand slam winning captain.
Well dreams do come true afterall.:claping hands:
Great signing for the Blaze and gives us the top end quality Brit we have lacked for the past couple of years.No reason why he can't still score 20+ goals which can turn us from a 4-5th place side to genuine title contenders again. We just need 3 more quality imports to finish the side off,and hopefully this season we can give the hated Panthers and Steelers a real run for the money.Hopefully there will soon be better news for the Sky Blues as well,and we can have 2 title contending teams in the City,now wouldn't that be good.

dont know how much they are but pretty sure youve missed the early bird deal. match tickets are £16 for adults £8 for kiddies and £40 for a family ticket unless theyve changed again

Houdi

how much does it normally cost for a season ticket to see the blaze?
All the various season ticket offers are on the Coventry Blaze website.I think it is about £382 for 27 home matches.Face-off times are 7pm for Saturday night games and 5.15 for Sunday games.A new signing will be announced early Friday.

CJ_covblaze

Early bird has finished for season tickets and they are for 27 games (1 cup, 26 league). Match day price for all singular tickets has gone up for £1 this year. It's the first rise for 3-4 years. Overall our pricing is average for the league, if not slightly lower. Hope to see you at a game sometime!

Adults
£382. Game day price - £17

U16
£196. Game day price - £9

60+, 16-18, NUS Extra
£267. Game day price - £12

Family - 2 adults & 2 U16s
£982. Game day price - £44

Family - 2 adults, 1 U16, 1 16-18s
£1062. Game day price - £47

Family - 2 adults & 2 16-18s
£1143. Game day price - £50

CJ_covblaze

The cost of players is rising all the time so that has to be funded from somewhere. It's not bad value imo. Closest competitor is the Bees. They charge £20 for around fourteen and a half minutes of racing.

Only one way to assess if it's value for money. Come along to a game and give it a go! Shaping up to be a good side and better players are coming into the league all the time.

Last edited:
That seems ridiculous for a minority sport

its great value for money. you turn up, drink in your seat, see some skill (standing on the ice counts as skill for me, lol) see some fights then after pop into crosbys and mix with the players.

i started going back in the irvine, knights, carpenter, chartrand and steve coopers final season. was hooked from then. but it does take a couple of games to get used to the rules.

if you wanted to go but not pay as much then go and watch blaze enl team at the skydome. they play mostly on a saturday but will give you an idea if you want to see the big boys.

if you do go see the big boys then the games to see are nottingham panthers, sheffield steelers and cardiff devils (our biggest rivals traditionally)

CJ_covblaze

its great value for money. you turn up, drink in your seat, see some skill (standing on the ice counts as skill for me, lol) see some fights then after pop into crosbys and mix with the players.

i started going back in the irvine, knights, carpenter, chartrand and steve coopers final season. was hooked from then. but it does take a couple of games to get used to the rules.

if you wanted to go but not pay as much then go and watch blaze enl team at the skydome. they play mostly on a saturday but will give you an idea if you want to see the big boys.

if you do go see the big boys then the games to see are nottingham panthers, sheffield steelers and cardiff devils (our biggest rivals traditionally)

I'll echo SBZ's comments. Struggle to find a better value night out be it with family or friends/colleagues. Panthers, and Devils are normally pretty passionate affairs and things often get tasty on the ice!

Btw SBZ great to see a proper old school Blaze fan! Irvines' diving header was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Loved Stephen Cooper as a kid. My lad will be some D-man with this name :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 8

Macca

not criticizing the entertainment just thought it would be nearer a tenner.

£20 for the speedway seems ridiculous

I'll echo SBZ's comments. Struggle to find a better value night out be it with family or friends/colleagues. Panthers, and Devils are normally pretty passionate affairs and things often get tasty on the ice!

Btw SBZ great to see a proper old school Blaze fan! Irvines' diving header was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Loved Stephen Cooper as a kid. My lad will be some D-man with this name :)

thats quality, shame #55 has been retired so he may justvhave to settle with #6 :)

Users who are viewing this thread