Coventry City – Does anyone care? (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

It's amazing how a company have not only ruined our weekends entertainment, but also ruined our love for it too.

It's tragic.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Headline reminds me of Jasper Rees article in the Telegraph from the mid-1990's entitled "What is the point of Coventry City"

....All these years later, I'm starting to understand the question....

SkyblueBri

I agree we are losing our young fan base and after 5 years it will only get worse.
Even people like me, a season ticket holder for more years than I like to mention, are losing the buzz we used to get on a Sat.
I will never go to Sixfields but I have been to some away games, that are close and I can afford to go to, but that said it is nothing like when we really played at home.

RFC

Yes I care and have done so for more years than I care to remember. I support my team and like a lot of others complete a journey in excess of 70 miles to Sixfields.

The Team & the Manager deserve our support, particularly with the 10 point deduction. They have overcome adversity and I admire the positive attitude of Steven Pressley, at least he's trying to rid the Club of the negativity that's surrounded it for so many, many years. PUSB!

ccfcway

Yes I care and have done so for more years than I care to remember. I support my team and like a lot of others complete a journey in excess of 70 miles to Sixfields.

The Team & the Manager deserve our support, particularly with the 10 point deduction. They have overcome adversity and I admire the positive attitude of Steven Pressley, at least he's trying to rid the Club of the negativity that's surrounded it for so many, many years. PUSB!

er, there is more negativity that at any point in my lifetime. I'd argue that 10% of last years customer base shouldn't be called "lots"

mrbluesky87

"I support my team and like a lot of others complete a journey in excess of 70 miles to Sixfields":pointlaugh: Lay of the Whisky

SIR ERNIE

You rightly praise Pressley for his positivity but like your fellow head-in-the-sand sixfields fans, fail to recognise that YOUR ACTIONS are helping to prolong and sustain the most negative influence ever to hit our club.

RFC

You rightly praise Pressley for his positivity but like your fellow head-in-the-sand sixfields fans, fail to recognise that YOUR ACTIONS are helping to prolong and sustain the most negative influence ever to hit our club.

No it's your actions that are more likely to bring the club to it's knees IMHO.

Otis

I've been a true Sky Blue all my lfe and I now pretty much don't care anymore, so why would anyone else?

RFC

I've been a true Sky Blue all my lfe and I now pretty much don't care anymore, so why would anyone else?

That's your choice! Iv'e been in it for the long-term and will continue to do so.

Owners like players & managers come & go but my interest and support has and always will be with the team and most managers, including the current one.

All the protesting is futile and pathetic, either get on board or do something else but please stop continually moaning about everything!

pw362

No it's your actions that are more likely to bring the club to it's knees IMHO.

IMHO its the actions of SISU ,ACL,CCC and the Football League bringing the club to its knees,not the fans who can't or won't go to sixfields

Buster

That's your choice! Iv'e been in it for the long-term and will continue to do so.

Owners like players & managers come & go but my interest and support has and always will be with the team and most managers, including the current one.

All the protesting is futile and pathetic, either get on board or do something else but please stop continually moaning about everything!
RFC , If tickets to sixfields were 100 quid a match would you , get on board , do something else or show your displeasure somehow?

Otis

Yes, I'm sorry that supporting the SkyBlues only since 1968 through thick and thin is only the short term.

Idiot! :facepalm:

skybluebeduff

"negativity that's surrounded it for so many, many years"

Does your 70 mile round trip help you to overcome the adversity of why you travel 70 miles?

skybluebeduff

@RFC

Also you do realize that our club wouldn't be in existence if it wasn't for the many, many fans who have contributed finance towards them?

Your money now means very little to what it use to when they were receiving it off 15,000 to 20,000+ fans!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

This reply is purely amazing. Pathetic not being happy about my home city playing somewhere else.

I support Coventry City because I was born in city of Coventry. That's the reason. Coventry City represent me. Yeah could easily have supported Manchester club as that is where my family hails from. No, my club is Coventry. This situation is totally unacceptable and I will more than moan.

What masquerades as Coventry City is not my Coventry City and I'm mad as hell about it.
Futile? People power and Common sense will prevaile, history proves that on many levels outside of football.

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

The fanbase is dying. People will drift away. Its happening right now.

I have been to 2 away games this year. Thats it.

Until they come back to Coventry im not going until they are back.

As for that shithole sixfields i would rather set my balls on fire and stick pins in my eyes than go there.

oh shut up mr negativity you was still moaning when we played at ricoh, its obvious you don't care well thats how pathetic you are bet you soon jump on bandwagon if things got better CCFC FOREVER!!! Not just when you feel like it you part time so called fan.....

bigfatronssba

Well your not really in it for the long term are you?

Without the missing fans the club has a few years to live at best.

What are you going to do with your weekends once the club is gone rfc?

bigfatronssba

oh shut up mr negativity you was still moaning when we played at ricoh, its obvious you don't care well thats how pathetic you are bet you soon jump on bandwagon if things got better CCFC FOREVER!!! Not just when you feel like it you part time so called fan.....

And who exactly are you to judge who is a part time fan?

Otis

Oh dear, oh dear. What a ridiculous post.

I have been going up since 1968. That's FORTY FIVE years.

Part time? How can going up for 45 years, watching reserve games, youth games, being there through thick and thin, having season tickets for nearly every single one of those 45 years, being there for the likes of that Burton game when hardly anyone bothered to turn up and as a child being almost in tears every time we lost, be part time? I even skipped my own brother's wedding because I couldn't bear to miss a single home game.

If you truly believe that I am a bandwagon jumping part time fan you are an even bigger idiot than RFC ........... and that's saying something!

Users who are viewing this thread