Match Thread Coventry City at Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 25th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Bayliss goes on a great run and gives it to Andreu who could have shot or passed to Bayliss but tried to play JCH in who was behind the ball.

GaryJones

Too much room given there!

Nick

Administrator
Lucky then, goal disallowed.

That came from Grimmer being out of position from going forward. The player shoots from outside the box, Burge parries it and they put it in but offside thankfully.

Esoterica

Round pegs, round holes today. Everyone looks like they understand their role and everyone looking better for it. Could do with getting the first goal here as Gillingham will concede more chasing the game.

GaryJones

We have already had more chances going forward than the whole 90 mins at Blackpool - looking good!

Nick

Administrator
Round pegs, round holes today. Everyone looks like they understand their role and everyone looking better for it. Could do with getting the first goal here as Gillingham will concede more chasing the game.

Just hope it isn't one of those where we play really well but still lose.

This seems to suit the players much more.

Nick

Administrator
JCH is dropping deep to lay it off wide but its leaving nobody in the box if we get a cross in.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think not having Biamou will be a blessing in disguise. I feel really sorry for the lad but I think as a team we will be forced to try better tactics without him.

Nick

Administrator
Andreu gets a shot off but blocked.

We seem to be hesitating for that split second rather than shooting quickly.

Nick

Administrator
Andreu and Thomas again link up, Thomas takes a player on and brought down.

In Andreu range.

Nick

Administrator
Willis is going to injure himself, he's just randomly jumping and falling over trying to beat their 9 in the air.

Esoterica

Just hope it isn't one of those where we play really well but still lose.

This seems to suit the players much more.
Don't really mind if we do lose when we play like this. It's looking like a reboot of the season, I'll take it as Robins wiping the slate clean. This is what should have happened vs Scunthorpe - the bulk of last season's team being given the chance to prove themselves in a higher division.

Paxman II

Gillingham look like the away team in tactics and we look like the home side pressing kinda sums it up so far

Users who are viewing this thread