Match Thread Coventry City - Birmingham City Match Thread - Friday 8th Dec (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Great result, and a great performance to go with it. Played some fantastic stuff and I don't think anyone could argue we deserved to win that by more. Never really looked troubled apart from the one good save. Some really good performances, especially Sakamoto, who I think has covered every blade of grass at least twice, and obviously O'Hare.

I'll hold my hand up and say I was overly critical of the one where Wright hit the keeper in the face. In the frustration of the moment, I just felt if he'd kept it low, it was in. But, I'm not the one down there in the moment. He's clearly got enough to be a big handful for defences, and I still believe he'll score plenty over the season.

Really hope we can bash out a new deal for O'Hare.

covcity4life

Some of our signings have huge potential . Thomas and Kitching at the back look very composed , Collins is a top goalkeeper especially with the ball at his feet , Van Ewijk and Saka look threatening every time they link up . And you can just sense Wright and Simms are going to come good
Once more for people at the back

TERRIBLE RECRUITMENT

Paul Anthony

One a slightly different note it was nice to have the game officiated by a decent referee for once.

Think it was only the handball he got wrong wasn't it? And at least he didn't fall for their dive, so that balanced it out a little bit.

steve101

In spells some of the best football of the season. Some of the pass and movement was brilliant. Just need to work on the sloppy periods of play if we are going to step and get wins against the better teams.
Didn't think Thomas started great but him and Kitching are an impressive partnership.
Van Ewijk and Bidwell look more dangerous offensively in a back 4 weirdly.
O'Hare and Sakamota were superb.

Cally Fedora

Keep it to yourselves but we have some team here. Some obvious performances but less in your face stuff 1) Jamie Allen - everywhere. 2) Wright’s work rate shutting down the space his side and never a wasted touch. 3) Sheaf - as always. 4) Van Ewijk - pace, distribution, set piece, defence. 5) Thomas and Kitching - solid. And that’s just the non headlines!

fernandopartridge

Great performance

Callum back to his best
Tats and MVE have a great partnership
Wright + Simms looking better
Collins Thomas Kitching + Bidders solid

Dumping 3 at the back has transformed us

Blues are fucking relegation fodder btw, well funny
I think you were one of the ones who said they'd had a great transfer window (apols if not)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

Great performance

Callum back to his best
Tats and MVE have a great partnership
Wright + Simms looking better
Collins Thomas Kitching + Bidders solid

Dumping 3 at the back has transformed us

Blues are fucking relegation fodder btw, well funny

They've shot themselves in the foot so badly, it's actually hilarious. They go down, it'll be fully deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread