Match Thread Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Wednesday 4th Oct (2 Viewers)

steve101

Such a tense game. Delighted to get the win after some dodgy moments. Cool finish by Wright, considering the scrutiny he is under. Wilson kept us in it. Performance of the season from him. Some super workrate from Allen and Godden in particular. Godden is far more than a goal poacher. The defending he does from the front is exceptional.

letsallsingtogether

Last comment from me of the evening.

For those who refuse to want to see Wright and Simms together after the late substitution. Last two games 2 goals for Simms and a goal for Wright. No goals for Godden. 6 points on the table. First back to back wins of the season. What more evidence do you need?
Godden still top goal scorer.

Martin180

Ref was very kind to them all night imo
They realised early on there had to be minimal contact to get a foul . There was one tackle by Eccles in the second half in the centre circle the ref gave a foul for and he was less than 3 feet away from the incident

CCFCSteve

Massive three points again. Not pretty and rode our luck at times but just got to hang in there at the moment. Horrific luck with injuries so far but still mid table and could easily be higher even though we haven’t really hit form yet

Brighton Sky Blue

Eccles and Allen need to step-up.
They don’t. Lati needs to slide into the DMs as young Ayari will be horribly exposed otherwise. As an aside, we have now accumulated 4 serious muscle injuries. What are the medical staff doing?

Yank

My game review::)

america-speedo.gif

Johnnythespider

Good 3 points from a game we probably didn't deserve to win, Wright took his chance well when it came, with plenty still to do, on to Saturday when we will need to be better to beat Norwich. Not sure what I'd do with the midfield, it's a quandary.

Martin180

If Kelly is out I see that as the only option imo an Eccles, Allen & Soto or Ayari would be overrun.
Eccles didn’t have the best of games tonight but he ran his balls off.
He didn't have his best game but I noticed he was looking forward more with his passing , especially down the channels for the forwards to chase down

bigfatronssba

That performance was exactly the same as what we were doing this time last year. An ugly win.

Gets the confidence up and then we can hopefully push on

CCFCSteve

He didn't have his best game but I noticed he was looking forward more with his passing , especially down the channels for the forwards to chase down

Yeah, second half Eccles had much more positive intent, one great move and cross which someone should’ve been on the end of really. Energy of the team as a whole was a lot better second half. When we shift the ball quickly we look a far better team

CCFCSteve

Did robins speak to cwr? What he say?

From what I heard/can remember

Thought we deserved to win. Blackburn best team in possession that we’ve played so far. Good saves by Wilson. Definitely foul for disallowed goal but Ben should’ve taken a hit rather than risking losing ball. Need crowd but knows team need to give us more to feed on which happened second half. Good goal and good effort by Ayari. Some decent last ditch defending, mentioned couple of headers from Thomas near end and fadz being fadz

Users who are viewing this thread