Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Hull City match, tactics and predictions :)

covcity4life

Every win extends the seasons excitement for another few days.

It ain't over yet. Yesterday showed us that

Play strongest team. But fitness may be an issue

Maybe start binks, JDS and torp who had good games when they came on. I would like to rest lati but if tavares is injured you can't really do it unless shift Simms out wide and godden upfront.

I'm looking forward to it. We should show them appreciation but they must give us a performance like yesterday if possible. We didn't replicate wolves performance din league. We can't afford to not replicate yesterday in the final 4 games.

Lose and it's over. We need 4 wins in a row and who knows maybe we back at wembley next month

Otis

I think it's all but certain defeat unfortunately. The players must be exhausted and we simply don't have the backups to come in from the squad.

If everyone was fresh, I would fancy our chances, but I think we will now lose. So many seemed dead on their feet

I think Palmer has to come in. Binks too and Torp. I then think we HAVE to look at the likes of Da Silva.

So many key players we can't rest though and Tavares looked like his injury would keep him out. Think we have to still go with Wright and Simms and I am hoping Thomas and Sheaf recover. They both were really suffering.

Be absolutely fabulous if we could win, because it would keep the season going and leave us still with a sniff.

Just can't see it. I think we will start brightly, but then quickly fade. I expect Hull to take advantage of that.

shmmeee

I think it’ll be a case of after the Lord Mayors show. They’re going to be out on their feet after yesterday.

I’d bring Binks, Dasilva (who was the better LB yesterday, deal with it), Torp, Palmer and Tavares into the team. They’re going to need the 12th man if they’re going to push through these last four games. Give it a go, with the next three and we have a fighting chance on the final day and can hope Brum do us a favour.

Gibbo

Easy win against depleted Hull.

Lads on a high after comeback showed they can compete with top teams. They know play offs almost certainly gone, but might as well give it a go - bit like last 20 minutes on Sunday. Roared on by fans. Eccles, Lati and one of the CB's out, Tav, Torp and Binks in.

PVA

Depends what state a lot of them are in both physically and mentally.

The ones who did 120 mins must be knackered, in particular Sheaf and Wright looked done for at the end. Thomas was cramping up. MVE must have been shattered.

covcity4life

I think it’ll be a case of after the Lord Mayors show. They’re going to be out on their feet after yesterday.

I’d bring Binks, Dasilva (who was the better LB yesterday, deal with it), Torp, Palmer and Tavares into the team. They’re going to need the 12th man if they’re going to push through these last four games. Give it a go, with the next three and we have a fighting chance on the final day and can hope Brum do us a favour.
4 games left. I think they may be able to soldior through. Not ideal but we could do it

Agree with some of the changes though

Martin180

Depends what state a lot of them are in both physically and mentally.

The ones who did 120 mins must be knackered, in particular Sheaf and Wright looked done for at the end. Thomas was cramping up. MVE must have been shattered.
Simms fitness levels impressed yesterday too , at one point in extra time he was back winning a header in our box from a United counter attack

Otis

Easy win against depleted Hull.

Lads on a high after comeback showed they can compete with top teams. They know play offs almost certainly gone, but might as well give it a go - bit like last 20 minutes on Sunday. Roared on by fans. Eccles, Lati and one of the CB's out, Tav, Torp and Binks in.
Are Hull depleted? I didn't know that.

clint van damme

Unless we give Lusala a go, then we don't have much choice.

I'd play MVE there.
Tavares can play right side of the 3, if he's still injured stick anyone there, put Wilson there, but Lati is an absolute liability at RB, hecant start there.

stay_up_skyblues

I expect defeat and after yesterday plus the playoff final it wouldn’t be the worst thing as I don’t feel like trawling down to Wembley again for another defeat, however the slim the chances of making it. Of course that would change on the back of an unlikely run to squeeze in.

Do not however rule out some seriously pissed off heroes wanting to put that injustice right up the FA and go and blow Hull away Wednesday.

Diogenes

No idea how we pick ourselves up for this after yesterday.

Think we either get a pasting or we go out there with revenge on our minds and go for it.

JSL

Could it be that JDS plays better alongside Binks than Kitching? I wasn't expecting him to play as well a she did when he came on yesterday and he surprised me

messiahrobins

We will lose 2 or 3-0 and nobody can blame the players at all.
I would actually now be giving players and extended off season and play some youth team players in the remaining games.
Next season potentially the biggest in the clubs history so we could all maybe do with refreshing our batteries.

clint van damme

We will lose 2 or 3-0 and nobody can blame the players at all.
I would actually now be giving players and extended off season and play some youth team players in the remaining games.
Next season potentially the biggest in the clubs history so we could all maybe do with refreshing our batteries.

Not Unt its mathematically impossible to reach the play offs

messiahrobins

Not Unt its mathematically impossible to reach the play offs
thing is play offs is a poisoned chalice unless you get promoted. It didnt affect us as much as it could have done at the start of this season as we had a brand new team so our slow start was due to that, but making the play offs means a whole month lost of the off season. If we make the play offs, the players will be absolutely exhausted and if they then dont go up, i think it would affect the start of next season, and if we want automatic promotion, which has to be the aim now, we cannot afford a bad start again.
So, it may well be we have to be street smart now and sack off this season so that we are better placed for August. Some of our players will be in the Copa America as well

edgy

Agree and its been an expensive couple of months following City but we really have to win this one.
Unfortunately sales so far look really poor.

Yeah I think it will be a fairly low attendance compared to our recent efforts. But fully understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread