Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (8 Viewers)

Travs

Sometimes managers are overly protective of footballers , they're the fittest specimen on the planet ..are you saying Thomas is fine but all the attackers aren't? Let's be real

They really aren't.

They are certainly supremely fit, and finely-tuned for what they do.... but in scientific measures (taking VO2 Max as an example), an average Premier League footballer (let alone in the leagues below) isn't particularly exceptional compared to other sports.

They aren't immune to being knackered.

Esoterica

Yes, our record at home against the middle third of the table is pathetic and a testimony to that comment
And away against the top half. 8 defeats away against the top 12 by a single goal

1713990141060.png

Always been Robins style though. Get to Half time in touching distance and then let the handbrake off. 64% of our goals this season scored in the 2nd half of games.

1713990283167.png

pusbccfc

Kelly playing soccer aid

Liquid Gold

And away against the top half. 8 defeats away against the top 12 by a single goal

View attachment 35340

Always been Robins style though. Get to Half time in touching distance and then let the handbrake off. 64% of our goals this season scored in the 2nd half of games.

View attachment 35341
Interesting thing about that is that it doesn't seem to make a difference to our goals conceded when we go for it and score more.

SkyblueTexan

Another Bobby Thomas special

Esoterica

View attachment 35340

View attachment 35341
And I would also say I've always found it mystifying. You have 90 minutes to win a game of football, why would you limit your chances of doing that to 45 minutes by being conservative first half. And I get that teams get tired 2nd half and the space opens up but it has always struck me as reducing our chances of winning by 50%

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What the actual fuck was that.

We've gifted them three goals tonight. Literally all of them have been completely handed to them for free.

stupot07

That was a horror show by Bobby. 3-2 hull.

We've been better but we've literally had 4 shots all game and it's the 78th minute

- freekick first half

Second half
- bobby's goal
- Palmers shot from out the box which nearly hit the corner flag.
- Weights blocked shot from outside the box

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SkyblueTexan

Oh well....another lesson learned...how many is that for Thomas

PVA

It's bad from Thomas but Collins again appalling, fucking hell, time to give Wilson another go.

Users who are viewing this thread