Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (4 Viewers)

Paxman II

I think we win this. Leicester's form has shown signs of dropping off recently, not particularly result wise but the ease of which they had been winning. i think we can match them easily so a good game that could swing on a mistake or a wonder goal that makes the difference.

Yorkshire SB

I think we win this. Leicester's form has shown signs of dropping off recently, not particularly result wise but the ease of which they had been winning. i think we can match them easily so a good game that could swing on a mistake or a wonder goal that makes the difference.
I think they’re meant to have got better as the season has gone on. A few results look close but I think they’ve been pretty dominant.

Game plan is massive, going to have to sit in and counter. O’Hare could be crucial winning the ball high up and helping us link play, Haji’s legs out wide and behind a good outlet.

Defensively we need to have a perfect day. Kitching back a boost. Sheaf going to have to be at his best nicking possession back and disrupting.

Crowd need to make it hostile and disrupt Leicester.

alexccfc99

Think we will give them a game, might even sneak a win

Takes the fun out of it a little bit that they are going to get promoted but hey ho they’ll be straight back down

skyblue025

Have they got any starters away at AFCON? If so it could weaken them significantly. Might be clutching at straws but I really really want us to beat these. Should of won at the crisp bowl on the opening day but couldn't hit a cow's star with a banjo.

fernandopartridge

Have they got any starters away at AFCON? If so it could weaken them significantly. Might be clutching at straws but I really really want us to beat these. Should of won at the crisp bowl on the opening day but couldn't hit a cow's star with a banjo.
Daka is away but he's not a regular I don't think (shows the squad depth they've got). Ndidi would be there but he's out injured anyway. Iheanacho is away as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ashdown

We can’t be sloppy at the back, simple as. We are not far off Leicester all over the pitch but they have strikers who will punish you in a heartbeat. Stop them and it could be a close run thing.

Chris1987

We can’t be sloppy at the back, simple as. We are not far off Leicester all over the pitch but they have strikers who will punish you in a heartbeat. Stop them and it could be a close run thing.
I think that the midfield is key and we need to play on the front foot. Push their full backs deep .

exhallskyblue

This is Leicester’s biggest game of the season, probably their past 20 years, so their players/fans will be well up for it.

They have some decent players for this level and their fans will be right behind them. They shouldn’t be underestimated just because we’re Coventry City.
Lol this is a stretch isn’t it. Biggest game for 20 years? Considering they have (frustratingly) won the prem fa cup and played in Europe.

stupot07

Lol this is a stretch isn’t it. Biggest game for 20 years? Considering they have (frustratingly) won the prem fa cup and played in Europe.
Plus they have won 21 of 26 this season, they are packed with PL quality players, as if we can underestimate them

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

coop

Think right hand side could be crucial Saka and Milan against Doyle could be the key.Good Distribution from there and runners in the box could be excellent chance to score.Dont think we have anything to be scared of try and keep it tight and don't concede early.

skyblueelephant76

Think right hand side could be crucial Saka and Milan against Doyle could be the key.Good Distribution from there and runners in the box could be excellent chance to score.Dont think we have anything to be scared of try and keep it tight and don't concede early.
Doyle is only just back from injury and hasn't started a league game for a couple of months. He's not guaranteed to start.

astleyfox

Doyle wont start. James justin will. He’s not a good defender, anyway.

SkyBlueMatt

There can't be too many unreleased seats left now. All the boxes are sold as well. I know there are a couple of blocks segregation but what are we thinking for attendance? Over 30k?

I'm glad they are selling the unreleased tickets in 14/15, it hasn't had the same feel since they cut the numbers.

napolimp

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Robinshio

I like Doyle and honestly wish he could have stayed - I hope to god he doesn’t get called a reject or be booed on Saturday. He deserves better for how well he did for us
I disagree - we should make it as nasty a place for him and the rest of the team. Give him a clap as he is substituted on the hour when we score the 5th, but anything beyond that, no thanks
He went over to the dark side - its like your missus going off with someone else, and then applauding her for services to date

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Does anyone on here know somewhere in New York that will be showing the game? The match will start at 07:30 local which is a pain.

Look at me I'm going to be in America (just before someone else gets in there).

clint van damme

Does anyone on here know somewhere in New York that will be showing the game? The match will start at 07:30 local which is a pain.

Don't know anywhere specifically but Id be amazed if there's not a bar showing live Sky games.
Last time I was in New York English football was on everywhere in Manhattan.

Gynnsthetonic

There can't be too many unreleased seats left now. All the boxes are sold as well. I know there are a couple of blocks segregation but what are we thinking for attendance? Over 30k?

I'm glad they are selling the unreleased tickets in 14/15, it hasn't had the same feel since they cut the numbers.
Could be pushing 31k

TomS91

Have watched games in Smithfield Hall before

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Harry Souttar is also away with Australia but has also hardly played this season.
Just to show how mad the Premier League finances are -

On 31 January 2023, Souttar joined Leicester City on a five-and-a-half year contract for an undisclosed fee. The fee was reported by the BBC to be £15 million which could eventually rise to £20 million with add-ons.

He's started 1 league game this season and will reportedly leave in this window.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Have watched games in Smithfield Hall before

Had a look but it doesn't open until 9 unfortunately. Then they're showing the Sunderland game. Cheers for the shout but I think I'll stay well clear! Banter Bar in Brooklyn looks like a reasonable shout at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread