Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (3 Viewers)

slowpoke

We created more once the changes made than we did in the whole game before - other than the early Sakamoto chance we didn’t threaten at all and struggled to test the keeper - it all changed - Simms in particular offered a more physical presence and looked up for it
It was never going to be anything other than cagey.
We bettered them when eleven v eleven and got the tactics spot on when against their ten men defensive wall. Agree re. Simms, he had the space to use his strength and pace looked a different player.

HadjiChippo

just watching the everton villa game, and a tackle by tarkovski on diaby in the penalty area.
He took the ball, but then clattered into diaby, in a similar way to Thomas on Dewsbury hall.
Ref played on, then VAR checked when ball went dead, and completely cleared it...no penalty or card.
Consistency needed.
Yep, basically it’s pot luck based on what ref/VAR team you get. If ref had given it, they wouldn’t overturn it, but also won’t step in if ref misses.

it’s why if we had VAR yesterday none of those decisions would’ve had any different outcome. The only bad thing about promotion would be dealing with VAR, celebrations cut short, massive delays in game etc.,

slowpoke

just watching the everton villa game, and a tackle by tarkovski on diaby in the penalty area.
He took the ball, but then clattered into diaby, in a similar way to Thomas on Dewsbury hall.
Ref played on, then VAR checked when ball went dead, and completely cleared it...no penalty or card.
Consistency needed.
I watched that game absolute garbage the only highlight was the three minute discussion about a Villa goal and decided to knock it off because a Villa players big toe was off…or was it ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What a great feeling this morning. Was impressed at the airport last night - must have been at least 20 Cov fans on the evening flight back to Dublin. Spoke to a few of them and they’d come in and out on the day. Didn’t see any Leicester shirts.

Fair play to those Irish fans, the fan base is growing. PUSB 💙

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

I watched that game absolute garbage the only highlight was the three minute discussion about a Villa goal and decided to knock it off because a Villa players big toe was off…or was it ?

They spent that long looking for offside, and yet nobody thought to pay any attention to the foul that occurred that should have made the offside a moot point anyway.

David O'Day

They spent that long looking for offside, and yet nobody thought to pay any attention to the foul that occurred that should have made the offside a moot point anyway.
yeh the fella wrestlingthe defender to the floor in an attempt to make sure the Villa player was onside

Proper shitehouse tactics they ahve worked on and i am all for shit like that

robbiethemole

Just watched it again x2 and I can’t believe how Allen gets a free header from the corner to put it back into the danger area. They probably thought smallest guy on the pitch, can’t do much damage, no need to mark him hahaha. He rose like a leaping salmon to guide his header.

wingy

Who was on the phonecall instantly after the match to MR, Wife, agent,DK, another manager, another chairman?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've watched a couple of other Lester fan vlogs and they were fine to be fair, the noise after that second Cov goal was unbelievable if you were in that away end!
You've stolen my thunder there. The noise for that second Cov goal was probably the loudest I've ever heard at that Arena.

robbiethemole

They’re all struggling to come to terms with us doing them, and realising they’re not as invincible as they thought, Fock em and their salty tears hahaha

shmmeee

Pride is still injured more like. KDH in training:

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Users who are viewing this thread