Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Match Thread Coventry City - Luton Town Match Thread - Saturday 26th Oct

I’m sure it will have been mentioned elsewhere, and without seeing the fouls for the numerous bookings, but I thought the ref was excellent yesterday.
Giving someone a 2nd booking for a shirt pull! Who’d have thought?!
If only the ref vs Preston had done the same. Twat.

He was generally okay. The no booking for the player that cynically brought Simms down and then feigned injury was a big mistake though.
 
He was generally okay. The no booking for the player that cynically brought Simms down and then feigned injury was a big mistake though.
It was. This coupled with the yellow for Kitching moments later. It was a yellow card, but to let Luton off with one and book Kitching moments later, was a blatant lack of consistency.

He let the game get away from him for a bit after, but fortunately managed to just about salvage his game after that. No issues with the pen, and got most other decisions just about right.
 
Well, we’ll disagree on that as I didn’t think that was a booking or that he feigned injury…he might have.
So excellent reffing!

He prevented a clear cut counter attack which would have lead to Simms running in behind.

No contact was made with his face, but he held his face for a while and then there wasn’t a mark on him; seemed to con the ref anyway and as another poster pointed out - he then booked Kitching for a less obvious yellow card moments after.

He started to get on top of the persistent fouls second half though and the big decisions he got correct.
 
It was. This coupled with the yellow for Kitching moments later. It was a yellow card, but to let Luton off with one and book Kitching moments later, was a blatant lack of consistency.

He let the game get away from him for a bit after, but fortunately managed to just about salvage his game after that. No issues with the pen, and got most other decisions just about right.
Now I do remember that now you’ve said it. It was across the other side to where we were but looked identical to the simms one…I think I even made comparisons.
I take it all back @Jamesimus
The ref was “generally ok”.
 
It was. This coupled with the yellow for Kitching moments later. It was a yellow card, but to let Luton off with one and book Kitching moments later, was a blatant lack of consistency.

He let the game get away from him for a bit after, but fortunately managed to just about salvage his game after that. No issues with the pen, and got most other decisions just about right.
Except it was so late in the game to have any perceived effect,at least that's what Luton would have thought?
 
Also now a penalty in the broader Var game,is evaluated on if the striker is likely to have a chance,so a foul is not a foul anymore,at least that's what the pundits usually trot out and on that count Sakamoto was not nailed on at all and the player went to ground!
 
Now I do remember that now you’ve said it. It was across the other side to where we were but looked identical to the simms one…I think I even made comparisons.
I take it all back @Jamesimus
The ref was “generally ok”.

Haha it’s fine, I’m happy to accept another view on it. I guess he was trying to be lenient early on, but if you do that for one team, you have to extend it to the other teams first serious foul imo.

Im sure the ref had his reasons and can’t complain too much; he didn’t chalk off our goal which at a glance could have been given for offside (I know it wasn’t) and got the penalty decision spot on too.
 
It was. This coupled with the yellow for Kitching moments later. It was a yellow card, but to let Luton off with one and book Kitching moments later, was a blatant lack of consistency.

He let the game get away from him for a bit after, but fortunately managed to just about salvage his game after that. No issues with the pen, and got most other decisions just about right.

Said on another thread Binks had a right go at him about that and I think it affected the way he reffed the game, at least for a period after the penalty.
 
Haha it’s fine, I’m happy to accept another view on it. I guess he was trying to be lenient early on, but if you do that for one team, you have to extend it to the other teams first serious foul imo.

Im sure the ref had his reasons and can’t complain too much; he didn’t chalk off our goal which at a glance could have been given for offside (I know it wasn’t) and got the penalty decision spot on too.
I think my assessment was probably in comparison with the ref at Preston. I was fuming that he didn’t book their player for a shirt pull…especially as he gave a free kick!
Don’t get me started on the linos…
 
Is that really the best you can come up with ? Such a predictable response from a reactionary poster feebly attempting to defend the ridiculous deficiencies of his original comment.


Well you started it, anyway early night for you tonight schools back next week. 🤡
 
I think my assessment was probably in comparison with the ref at Preston. I was fuming that he didn’t book their player for a shirt pull…especially as he gave a free kick!
Don’t get me started on the linos…

I missed the Preston game but I’ve seen replays of the disallowed goal and can’t quite work that one out!
 
I was impressed by Rudoni at LWB. I would never have thought of playing him there but, given that he has both defensive and attacking qualities, I can see how it makes sense.

Playing Rudoni at LWB also opens it up, as MR did yesterday, for Torp to play in the advanced midfield role which I think is where he is best deployed.

I would be very tempted to start the next game with the 11 that finished yesterday and using the same formation.
MR said that Rudoni had played there for Huddersfield, so gives us another option. I thought Binks was great in the second half.
 
Well you started it, anyway early night for you tonight schools back next week. 🤡
Just to correct you the initial fiction originated from yourself. Would be a major step forward for you to try and tell the truth . Predictable pitiful end comment from yourself but just to correct you again I will continue to enjoy my early retirement thanks.
 
I missed the Preston game but I’ve seen replays of the disallowed goal and can’t quite work that one out!
Possibly Torp penalised as he may have handled just before but then he was pushed from memory so harsh if it was that IMO.
 
I’m sure it will have been mentioned elsewhere, and without seeing the fouls for the numerous bookings, but I thought the ref was excellent yesterday.
Giving someone a 2nd booking for a shirt pull! Who’d have thought?!
If only the ref vs Preston had done the same. Twat.
Nah

Second half was better, but he did some very odd things first half and needlessly caused tempers to rise.

Does anyone remember him telling the Luton player to move the ball into the corner area? Only to not even enforce it. And the ball was inside the marking in the first place.

It’s Madley, he makes some very odd decisions. Although some refs would have bottled the red card, you’re right. But it was pretty blatant so not sure he gets that much credit for giving it.
 
Just to correct you the initial fiction originated from yourself. Would be a major step forward for you to try and tell the truth . Predictable pitiful end comment from yourself but just to correct you again I will continue to enjoy my early retirement thanks.


Oh do bore off. 🤡
 
I was hoping for a witty insult but I can't expect miracles. Don't see much point in continuing the fishing expedition as it's quite simply very boring being so easy.
Have a great evening .


Let me correct you you're the one who started the insults, fact.
 
The original clown comment was the beginning of your insults and followed by quite a few more - love for yourself .


I asked you a question, what lies did I tell.
 
Excellent, an attempt at humour .


Just like a politician, doesn't answer the question, just deflects.


You accuse me of lying, again what lies did I tell ?
 
Just like a politician, doesn't answer the question, just deflects.


You accuse me of lying, again what lies did I tell ?
That the first insult didn't come from you. Check it out . ( I've already told you once btw but for some reason you didn't get it )
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom