Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (3 Viewers)

higgs

Kelly bidders and simms and Thomas needed at half time that's a shit show

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

That’s annoying
Why’s the ref not on the time wasting and how come they aren’t getting cards

as for the eccles free kick being taken from the wrong place fuck off!!!

AFCCOVENTRY

Pathetic first half. Want to be top 6 you’ve got to play better than this.

Robins can’t start JDS and Lati. Should have been Thomas and Bidwell.

Palmer, CoH and Tatsu not great either. I’d be tempted get Simms on for one of them and push Wright to the left.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Was worried about our defence being bullied and they have been. Only got going in the last 10 mins or so and still not quite clicked.

If we can get back on level terms I'd back us to go on and win it but need to up our game.

Bidwell on, JDS off. Would consider Thomas on for Lati as well.

fernandopartridge

Btw as much as Godden gets grief he does a good job of creating space for others with his movement towards the ball, Wright isn't that type of player.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Credit to Millwall they are defending well and restricting the space. Wright has been poor, that miss was criminal really.

Give it 10 mins and make some changes. Sakamoto and Palmer are doing OK but the former seems to have lost that spark he had before, probably just a bit tired.

Much prefer Thomas to Latibeaudiere.

NorthernWisdom

Chance for that lineup to show they're the real deal, and not just flat track bullies.
Currently more the flat track bully. Today is just... flat. Defence not great, and I don't really know what Da Silva is. He's not great defensively, tidy enough on the ball but not outstanding, and his build means he'll always get targeted - he seems to be an OK player without a role in the team he can play easily, and the centre backs haven't convinced. Wright has been very Wright! Both a threat and looking Sunday league, all at the same time. O'Hare busy, Torp with glimpses, but all in a bit deflating.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Currently more the flat track bully. Today is just... flat. Defence not great, and I don't really know what Da Silva is. He's not great defensively, tidy enough on the ball but not outstanding, and his build means he'll always get targeted - he seems to be an OK player without a role in the team he can play easily, and the centre backs haven't convinced. Wright has been very Wright! Both a threat and looking Sunday league, all at the same time. O'Hare busy, Torp with glimpses, but all in a bit deflating.
Da Silva would be first pick if you were making a 5 a side team or beach football team but he just doesn't quite cut it at this level for 11 a side

Paul Anthony

Really poor half that. Few times we've been able to open them up, but most of the time we're allowing them the time to get into shape and get organised.

Alkhen

Starting to think the central striker position in our set up is a bit of a poison chalice. Not seen anyone stand out there.

Is it that all our support attackers (O'Hare, Tats, Palmer today) playstyle is to hold onto the ball and beat a man rather than get the ball moving quick and break lines? Just always feels like the central striker is feeding off scraps every match. They rarely get a ball in behind on the door to chase.

I mean it's worked recently as our support attackers are scoring but I do feel a bit sorry for whoever is up top

pusbccfc

Millwall well drilled.

Jamesimus

Couldn’t cope with the intensity with which Millwall started. They fully deserve to be in front. Their player Hardie has been good.

Sakamoto looks like he badly needs a rest.
Torp been decent going forwards.
Palmer fairly anonymous other than the last 15 - 20 mins. DaSilva defensively exposed. Lati not looking like a particularly great centre back, so unsure what his best position is meant to be. Haji has kept them occupied without being amazing and should really have scored.

As another poster says, we look like we can just about manage a draw here, with a bit of luck.

HadjiChippo

we all already knew how much we missed Sheaf. Without him we have no transition from back to front. Can’t ask a new player like Torp to just fill that role as good as he is.

Millwall aren’t good, we’ve just been shit.

Users who are viewing this thread