Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (6 Viewers)

Gibbo

He said he gets to choose the players and has the final say and then King does the negotiating didn't he?
I doubt if Robins did the actual negotiating in the past. Boddy / SISU I'd have thought. Too time consuming and a lot of business detail required.

He is now surrounded by a more powerful team including King himself, and maybe is less the 'King of the Castle' - that might not be totally to his liking even tho there is more money to spend. Robins is a mini-control freak as far as I can tell. One of his prime assets to SISU was that for all the shit thrown at him by SISU, he was rock steady when speaking in public. If there are signs of him not being 100% behind the new owner's team that may not be good news, it also seems a tad churlish.

slowpoke

Think Robins enjoys winding this website up a bit telling us 10 minutes after the Stoke match Torp came off injured by Monday he was almost ready for an operation by some on here.

pusbccfc

skyblue_55

well , it’s looking excellent for our Friday night game , as the only tickets available are for the newly opened section in the south stand , with blocks 10,11 & 12 still selling , but these might be the only pay on the gate turnstiles open .
Come on all Skyblues , let’s fill the stadium , put this so-called hoodoo to bed & climb into 5th place !
CTID

McLovin87

Not the one but good byway

Mental, I was in the Posh Seats that night and it was proper limbs in our block when Clarke scored, never seen it like that before in there!

I remember Mark Robins said he had Sky Blue Blood after that game and then fucked off to Huddersfield not long after and the rest is history.

pusbccfc

Looking at the table, Friday is absolutely massive.

Chance for one of the biggest home crowds we've had at the stadium.

The highest must be Crewe and Gillingham where behind the goal were opened. Crewe must have had 30,000 home fans.

We have the opportunity for over 27,000 home fans Friday. Would be incredible to fill it.

Astute

I doubt if Robins did the actual negotiating in the past. Boddy / SISU I'd have thought. Too time consuming and a lot of business detail required.

He is now surrounded by a more powerful team including King himself, and maybe is less the 'King of the Castle' - that might not be totally to his liking even tho there is more money to spend. Robins is a mini-control freak as far as I can tell. One of his prime assets to SISU was that for all the shit thrown at him by SISU, he was rock steady when speaking in public. If there are signs of him not being 100% behind the new owner's team that may not be good news, it also seems a tad churlish.
Control freak?

Robins played at the top. He most probably get the chance to manage at the top also.

He is very knowledgeable at football. Should he leave decisions to those who know FA about football? After the journey we have been on with him I'm glad he is in charge. Even SISU knew to leave everything on the footballing side to him and they tried to push everyone around.

I don't know what the fascination of trying to find fault with Robins is all about.

Viktor17

A draw wouldn't be a disaster. A defeat would be. Hull v WBA on Saturday so points dropped by at least 1 of them. A draw would keep Preston 2 points below us. There's still over a quarter of the season to go after this game.
Agree. Draw is fine v WBA next week - important thing is not to loose.

Brighton Sky Blue

well , it’s looking excellent for our Friday night game , as the only tickets available are for the newly opened section in the south stand , with blocks 10,11 & 12 still selling , but these might be the only pay on the gate turnstiles open .
Come on all Skyblues , let’s fill the stadium , put this so-called hoodoo to bed & climb into 5th place !
CTID
A bold statement.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Now every team has played the same number of matches we have a real league table . We're still very much in it and our superior goal difference increasingly looks as though it might count at the end.

Paxman II

After last nights results we really need to turn the screw on Friday now. A draw will be OK but would be a chance missed, and if you keep failing to take your chances then you deserve what you end up with. A full side including Kitching, Sakomotto and Torp please and everyone on their game. No excuses, the fans will be there so make it happen lads.

Otis

A draw wouldn't be a disaster. A defeat would be. Hull v WBA on Saturday so points dropped by at least 1 of them. A draw would keep Preston 2 points below us. There's still over a quarter of the season to go after this game.
Yeah, wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw and it IS Preston

Sun Hang Over GIF

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Can anyone explain why this game is played on Friday when It could've been played tonight?

Would still give the team a 3 day break since the last game and a 4 day break before the next game!!

Ricketts

Can anyone explain why this game is played on Friday when It could've been played tonight?

Would still give the team a 3 day break since the last game and a 4 day break before the next game!!
I don’t know the answer but it does give the players more time to recover.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don’t know the answer but it does give the players more time to recover.

And less time to recover for the Maidstone game, bizarre. 🤔

long way home

Preston is all we need to think about now, Robins will pick the side he thinks will win the game and move on.

Maidstone will look after itself as Robins can only pick who is left fit rested and ready.

SBbucks

Probably because there are two teams involved and it’s not all about us. I’m sure the EFL didn’t even consider it, but if they had, why would Preston agree to a midweek game rather playing it at the weekend? That would mean them having a 4 day gap followed by a 10 day gap (rather than 6 and 8). And they also know we will have one eye on Monday which might be to their advantage. It’s a no-brainer to play on Friday from their point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread