Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Rotherham United FC match, tactics and predictions :)

SeaSeeEffCee

If they’ve done their homework they’ll know all they need to do it press us hard first 15 minutes and we’ll probably give up a goal. Up to us then to get back into the game again.

If you’d asked me a few weeks ago I’d have said comfortable home win but now I’ll say a cautios 2-1 scrappy home win but with increased nerves that we may drop points.

MikeyMoo

5 at the back is fine if it delivers a clean sheeet. 1-0 will do. But if we’re conceding 2/3 and early goals may as well play with 4 and be more progressive. Wright back in the left and WHOEVER on the right, we’d still be as well off.

steve101

I know this probably sounds bizarre (and maybe it is), but the first name on the team sheet for me, given the lack of fight shown in the last two league matches is Liam Kelly. Second would be Palmer.
I would bring Bidwell and Collins back in for Dasilva and Wilson. If we play a back 3, I would have Latibeudiere as RCB, with Kitching in the middle and Binks LCB. If a back 4, then Thomas and Kitching.

messiahrobins

5-3-2
Collins
Eccles Latabadieure Kitching Binks Bidwell
Torp Kelly
Palmer
Godden Wright
First game of the season away at Leicester Eccles was terrific at rwb, when he went off we imploded. Thomas needs time out the side. Godden might be much better in a 2 up front next to Wright. Sadly Wright and Simms up front together doesnt seem to work at the moment.

fernandopartridge

5-3-2
Collins
Eccles Latabadieure Kitching Binks Bidwell
Torp Kelly
Palmer
Godden Wright
First game of the season away at Leicester Eccles was terrific at rwb, when he went off we imploded. Thomas needs time out the side. Godden might be much better in a 2 up front next to Wright. Sadly Wright and Simms up front together doesnt seem to work at the moment.
Thomas out but Binks in, you must be pissed. Thomas was the best of the 3 centre backs, at least he tried to step out with the ball and get us forward. Binks was atrocious.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Thomas out but Binks in, you must be pissed. Thomas was the best of the 3 centre backs, at least he tried to step out with the ball and get us forward. Binks was atrocious.

The only reason I can think of why Binks is playing instead of Kitching is so he signs in the summer, if he was sitting on the bench week in week out he would probably want to sign for someone else.

messiahrobins

Think you do not understand the basics of defending. The first duty of a defender is to ...defend. Couldnt give a fuck about bringing the ball out if a defender keeps making basic defensive errors, which Thomas does too often. Binks isnt great by any means, but he makes less errors than Thomas so on that basis currently id have him in.

Mucca Mad Boys

This game needs to be a win or we probably end up bumbling along until the end of the season.

fernandopartridge

Think you do not understand the basics of defending. The first duty of a defender is to ...defend. Couldnt give a fuck about bringing the ball out if a defender keeps making basic defensive errors, which Thomas does too often. Binks isnt great by any means, but he makes less errors than Thomas so on that basis currently id have him in.
Binks is a poor defender

blunted

I wonder the strong rumour that Kitching and Bidwell were ill is correct. MR is not going to let Rotherham know this. Hence, no subs against West Brom.

Saddlebrains

We know how this one ends dont we?

Rotherham 19 points from safety, havent won away all season, leak goals for fun, we have a very good home record with 2 defeats all season............

Coventry City 0 - 1 Rotherham United

We've all seen this script 😂😂

Grendel

The only reason I can think of why Binks is playing instead of Kitching is so he signs in the summer, if he was sitting on the bench week in week out he would probably want to sign for someone else.

Why would we sign him? He’s crap.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I hope those cucking for a back 5 have woken up a bit. It's a shit formation for the players we currently have and the continued calls for it are weird. As is wanting to play Da Silva, and also choosing Latibeaudiere in midfield. I sound like a broken record but Kelly should be playing.

Rotherham are absolutely terrible though. If we can't beat them we might as well give up now.

higgs

Ah yes, because we have a wealth of wingers to play…
Put lati right back and push Milan right wing let him use his pace and put hadji back on the left with simms up to one square peg in a round hole is better than changing the whole system

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

higgs

Not really sure what Dasilva is . Seems to hang around halfway on the touchline passing it sideways or backwards. Sort of offers fuck all
He offers fuck all whoever recommended him hadn't watched him play very often he never takes his man on out wide and swings in a cross he is an accident waiting to happen all the time he's so predictable passing the ball inside or backwards

higgs

They bullied us off the park at their place if they play like preston did against us we could have another 0-3

Mucca Mad Boys

Put lati right back and push Milan right wing let him use his pace and put hadji back on the left with simms up to one square peg in a round hole is better than changing the whole system

Not happening, we that against PNE / another game and he did not look good there. MVE is not a winger - bar Sakamoto, we literally do not have a recognised winger.

higgs

Not happening, we that against PNE / another game and he did not look good there. MVE is not a winger - bar Sakamoto, we literally do not have a recognised winger.
Could wright play there and play palmer on the left wing

Users who are viewing this thread