Match Thread Coventry City - Southampton Match Thread - Wednesday 13th Dec (1 Viewer)

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I wouldn't say he was a huge improvement. I like Eccles but I only remember THAT corner from his performance. No dangerous forward passing or moving of the ball.

I would 100% agree with this 👆🏼

he was ok, and broke up play a little but nothing memorable - brought more energy but then again my nan coming off the bench on 90 plus minutes would too…

he’s a good squad option, but we need do invest in the midfield desperately in Jan

Cally Fedora

A good point against a good side - one of the best in the league. The Eccles/Palmer switch should have happened 10-15 earlier. Kitching looks better every game. We need more from Simms in that formation but overall we’re improving nicely.

steve101

Thought Robins got the tactics spot on. Just a shame he didn't make the changes 10 minutes earlier. If only we had been a bit more clinical.

fatso

A good point against a good side - one of the best in the league. The Eccles/Palmer switch should have happened 10-15 earlier. Kitching looks better every game. We need more from Simms in that formation but overall we’re improving nicely.
We could of brought Simms off for Eccles or Palmer, I thought he was totally ineffective tonight.
But on a plus point I thought Wright is continuing to improve and took his goal well.

Fysnkysc

Agree with most of that, but thought Simms looked poor.
Good to see Wright get on the score sheet, after giving him some stick on here I have to say he's improved since the last international break.
Poor for his price maybe, but if godden was there god help us, simms ran a lot and held the ball up a few times.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

We could of brought Simms off for Eccles or Palmer, I thought he was totally ineffective tonight.
But on a plus point I thought Wright is continuing to improve and took his goal well.
The thing with Simms is he is strong and holds the ball up well, and has actually got a great turn of pace too when he gets going

He does need to add goals playing in the main central role, but his work holding the ball and bringing others into play is arguably better than Godden’s

Macca

Decent result. Defended so well. Disciplined press. Shame sheaf let us down with an error. One of many. But we were a match for them and wright scored. Good result

We are a decent solid team. And sometimes decent solid teams make the playoffs and get promoted.

Pusb

Just about the best summary of where we are now

pusbccfc

So good having the home fans so close to the away fans again. Improves the atmosphere. Excellent numbers from Southampton.

BlueSkiesForever

Thought that was a great point against an in-form side. Defence brilliant, the back 4 working brilliantly once again.

Sheaf was surprisingly iffy tonight, a lot of balls given away in the midfield, it seems crystal clear to me that we need to invest in the midfield in January. Palmer added some energy coming off the bench, as strange as it sounds I think he’ll make a decent impact sub. The team worked really hard though, credit to all of them tonight. 👏🏻👏🏻

clint van damme

Does some brilliant things in a game but you always remember his mistakes because they’re basic ones, chooses the wrong pass too often

Coming out the ground I was trying to think of a more frustrating City player, Huckerby came to mind, though for different reasons.

lewys33

Yh ultimately will take the point on that one … very evidently a better side than us so I think I’d be a bit frustrated as a saints fan that they were so patient so late in the game (was only the last 10 it got a bit more pace).

skyblu3sk

Decent point but feels like a loss. Palmer looked lively which I'm please about. Allen quiet for him. Sheaf great at winning the ball fucking awful at anything else tonight. Wright took his goal well. Simms had a nothing performance. Defence looked solid. Tats a few decent tricks but looked a bit tired.
What's the wow for @Sky Blue Pete ?

Users who are viewing this thread