Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

More concerned with having a plug socket above the mantlepiece than I am the dancing. Very limiting.
It'll be for a wall mounted TV to save you having to run a cable all the way from a lower socket.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Wall mounted TVs tilted down are just wrong.
I'm not a fan of wall mounted myself as i find the viewing angle unnatural, but i changed my mind when i realised kids can't keep their grubby little hands off the screen. Still, mine is fairly low and has no tilt.

alexccfc99

“Last year was the first ever time I had the chance to play against them.

“Luckily, we won, and I got to throw it in my mates and families faces even though I had my mates down that day who were all Sunderland fans sitting in the Coventry end.

“Growing up being a Sunderland fan I used to be in the Sunderland end singing and all the songs and now I’m on the other end. Even when I'm out there playing, I'm singing with the Coventry fans giving some stick to the Sunderland fans.”

Can’t wait to see the 82 page thread on RTG about how our Ben is ‘fowwwcin a reeevalry man’

LastGarrison

ProfessorbyGrace

I'm not a fan of wall mounted myself as i find the viewing angle unnatural, but i changed my mind when i realised kids can't keep their grubby little hands off the screen. Still, mine is fairly low and has no tilt.
This feels like an Alan Partridge pitch, in a hired room in a Travel Lodge - to Lynn and a guy in his 60’s falling asleep. 👍🏻

2-0 City by the way. PUSB ⚽️

Great_Expectations

After my comment that I was missing the Leicester game due to it being my partners birthday causing way more of a response than I expected, I have another update; unfortunately I I’m also having to miss this game.

This time it is my daughters birthday, literally the same day, so we’re away for the weekend.

I would like to confirm I am not being controlled, manipulated or coerced into choosing my daughter over CCFC. And if this makes me less of a man or whatever other caveman comments my Leicester post caused then I accept that.

To be fair, in terms of the game it’s such a shit one to miss, but at least I’ll be able find a dodgy stream.

3-0 City, Simms, Wright, Saka.

And ‘Sunderland get battered’ to be sung nonstop as soon as we also score.

shmmeee

After my comment that I was missing the Leicester game due to it being my partners birthday causing way more of a response than I expected, I have another update; unfortunately I I’m also having to miss this game.

This time it is my daughters birthday, literally the same day, so we’re away for the weekend.

I would like to confirm I am not being controlled, manipulated or coerced into choosing my daughter over CCFC. And if this makes me less of a man or whatever other caveman comments my Leicester post caused then I accept that.

To be fair, in terms of the game it’s such a shit one to miss, but at least I’ll be able find a dodgy stream.

matthew perry GIF

JulianDarbyFTW

It'll be for a wall mounted TV to save you having to run a cable all the way from a lower socket.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I do get that, but I really dislike that kind of set-up. If you want to move the TV you then just have sockets looking out of place. As an aside, when the fire's on, does the TV not overheat?

shmmeee

I do get that, but I really dislike that kind of set-up. If you want to move the TV you then just have sockets looking out of place. As an aside, when the fire's on, does the TV not overheat?

Should never have TVs above fireplaces. Too high and too hot.

I like a wall mounted TV, but at a sensible height.

PVA

Sorry to interrupt the TV chat, but is there any decent food in the fan village thing?

Or is it all standard overpriced rubbish?

Grendel

Id just go to the game

Grendel

Sorry to interrupt the TV chat, but is there any decent food in the fan village thing?

Asking for a friend?

rob9872

Anyone seen the comedian with the slow-mo goal celebration? I'll bet we'll see a number of players doing it this weekend.

TomRad85

Oh i don't have mine above a fireplace, i'm not even sure i see the point in fireplaces anymore. In that room it does look like the logical position for a TV though.

Grendel

Hahahaha wow that's so funny and so original

The concept of you having a friend was a stretch to be fair

Macca1987

Can't you tell them you'll meet them Sunday

Grendel

In all seriousness they have a designated celebrity chef every game. Rick Stein tomorrow is recreating some of his excellent fish dishes from his early Padstow restaurant

Next week I gather Tom Kerridge is doing samples of his Hand and Flowers Pub Menu

I mean its a fans village so its clearly not going to be overpriced rubbish is it?

PVA

In all seriousness they have a designated celebrity chef every game. Rick Stein tomorrow is recreating some of his excellent fish dishes from his early Padstow restaurant

Next week I gather Tom Kerridge is doing samples of his Hand and Flowers Pub Menu

I mean its a fans village so its clearly not going to be overpriced rubbish is it?

Proof, if ever it were needed, that you will start an argument about literally anything.

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

116 123 give them a call ☎️ if they can’t help your 🫵🏼 fucked

Users who are viewing this thread