Match Thread Coventry City - Swindon Town Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

steve82

---------------O'Brien-------------
-Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Stokes-
-M Drew--Doyle--Bayliss--Barrett-
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Subs: Burge, Mcdonald, Haynes , Stevenson, Shipley, Beavon, Ponticelli.

Today is the day for the long ball and getting the ball in the attacking 3rd quickly and effectively as possible. Pitch will be sticky ball won't travel as well as normal and mistakes will happen so not a day for playing in your own half.

Put Swindon under pressure and make there back line work, while keeping a high line playing on the counter.

Getting out the blocks early is vital today before the pitch becomes a mud bath and both sides results into lumping the ball long to each other in hope.

A classic L2 game today, unattractive, full of errors, physical and ultimately most committed side wins.

Nick

Administrator
Not that confident about today

When we played them before they kept a high back line which made it easier to get in and create chances but I think they have changed formation now :(

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

steve82

Not that confident about today

When we played them before they kept a high back line which made it easier to get in and create chances but I think they have changed formation now :(

They've switched to a 352 recently in there last 3 games.

You have to go back to 1964 for the last CCFC home win v Swindon. Generally Swindon win here at Coventry.
Stats are CCFC won 0 drew 3 lost 4

Cranfield Sky Blue

---------------O'Brien-------------
-Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Stokes-
-M Drew--Doyle--Bayliss--Barrett-
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Subs: Burge, Mcdonald, Haynes , Stevenson, Shipley, Beavon, Ponticelli.

Today is the day for the long ball and getting the ball in the attacking 3rd quickly and effectively as possible. Pitch will be sticky ball won't travel as well as normal and mistakes will happen so not a day for playing in your own half.

Put Swindon under pressure and make there back line work, while keeping a high line playing on the counter.

Getting out the blocks early is vital today before the pitch becomes a mud bath and both sides results into lumping the ball long to each other in hope.

A classic L2 game today, unattractive, full of errors, physical and ultimately most committed side wins.

Good bench that!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think we might tinker with the front two after Robins’ comments post match last week. Just hope theyve practiced how we plan to line up all this week!

Pitch isn’t likely to allow us to play it on the ground, but wouldn’t be surprised if Barrett is given the nod to replace Biamou, and since hes not the tallest that will reduce the chances of us winning much in the air

I’d be bringing back a mcDonald. Just not sure which of the two CB’s I’d rest?

Score wise I’d go for 1-1 draw

Otis

I think we might tinker with the front two after Robins’ comments post match last week. Just hope theyve practiced how we plan to line up all this week!

Pitch isn’t likely to allow us to play it on the ground, but wouldn’t be surprised if Barrett is given the nod to replace Biamou, and since hes not the tallest that will reduce the chances of us winning much in the air

I would keep Willis in. I don't blame him for last week's cock-up. I think he had the ball cleared there no problem without Burge's intervention.

Think Willis has been playing very well lately, so would go for Davies to be replaced if McDonald was to come back in.

I too think Barrett might play up front. Bet we will still aim the ball at his head though for the most part.

steve82

I would keep Willis in. I don't blame him for last week's cock-up. I think he had the ball cleared there no problem without Burge's intervention.

Think Willis has been playing very well lately, so would go for Davies to be replaced if McDonald was to come back in.

I too think Barrett might play up front. Bet we will still aim the ball at his head though for the most part.

Some good calls. Firstly I think Biamou is vital to the way we're gonna play tho he needs a rest for sure. I don't fancy the pitch to play the way we need it to if you take him out.

Secondly the back pair. I like Mcdonald, he's classy in the way he goes about his business but Willis has been good value in recent weeks and so has Davies who gives plenty in both boxes.

3 big decisions for MR to make, let's hope he gets them right and the points are ours.

Great_Expectations

If he does drop Biamou and go for Barratt/Ponti/Beavon alongside McNulty, it is pivotal we change tactics to suit. I know our tactics are questionable at the best of times, but surely MR has to drum into the players not to play hoof ball to two small strikers.

Plus, not sure today is the day to drop Biamou and remove the long ball option when required based on the conditions and the likely poor state of the pitch.

I’d love to see us attacking the ball, using the width of the pitch and trying to take advantage of the (potential) pace we have in the side with Barratt, JMD and McNulty.

Otis

If he does drop Biamou and go for Barratt/Ponti/Beavon alongside McNulty, it is pivotal we change tactics to suit. I know our tactics are questionable at the best of times, but surely MR has to drum into the players not to play hoof ball to two small strikers.

Plus, not sure today is the day to drop Biamou and remove the long ball option when required based on the conditions and the likely poor state of the pitch.

I’d love to see us attacking the ball, using the width of the pitch and trying to take advantage of the (potential) pace we have in the side with Barratt, JMD and McNulty.
I sort of agree. I think we can include Barrett in there somewhere as well, it might be of benefit to have Biamou still in. We would then have two goal-getters in the team in McSparky and Barrett.

Old Warwickshire lad

:emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_kissing_heart::emoji_middle_finger:

Greggs

Burge
Grimmer Willis Davies Stokes
Doyle Bayliss
MD Barrett Shipley
McNulty

Mcbean

I've just had a look at the pitch and it looks like they have had the heat lamps on it, there is grass growing on the centre of the pitch, just have see if it cuts up when the players start running on it. !
Yep i think the pitch will be shit today :) could work in our favour - there will be some yellow cards !

BackRoomRummermill

Today is simply this , we cannot afford to lose , a draw not the end of the world , a win would do nicely . I dare not talk about a loss and mid table mediocrity

Marty

Hard fought 1-0 win. If we're serious about promotion we need to win after the little set back last week.

SkyBlueRuffian

Score draw today. I reckon he’ll start with Beavon alongside McNulty upfront today, personally I’d go with Ponticelli because he deserves his place in he team. Let’s see how brave Robins is today!

Users who are viewing this thread