Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (3 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

Agree with all that,Torp made such a difference when he came on,O'Hare benefited massively from his introduction...big performance from Tavares as well,I can see why the manager and coaches have faith in him.
I have been very critical of Tavares in the past but I’d give him a new deal. I think he’s earned it with his cameos this year imo.

skybluecam

True.
But I absolutely hate being the ‘plucky loser’.
Exactly. I’m sure I’ll look back on today fondly but it’s always going to sting knowing we were a toe, a crossbar, a penalty or two away from winning. Same as we were last year.

TomRad85

Now I'm home and settled, my opinions on selected players is as follows.
Lati can fuck off now, just play MVE at RB and Tavares right wing, he's done OK recently.
MVE was brilliant throughout, Sheaf brilliant second half. For the people slagging Torp recently I think he looked far better than Eccles against this standard of opposition and I think he'll prove to be a better player. Simms was a fucking beast!
Ultimately I think most the players were fucking excellent from the second half, no fucking idea why Robins set up how he did to start with mind you. Fucking dead formation.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Sick to the stomach.. again. It’s so fuckinghard to take. BUT;

What a fucking amazing club this is. And it’s MY club… it’s OUR club.

We all need to remember that when we’re squabbling about pettyshit on this forum. We ALL are in this together, through the gut wrenching agony to ecstasy beyond words. We’ve been through years of seemingly endless shit but we finally now have real hope for the future.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sick to the stomach.. again. It’s so fuckinghard to take. BUT;

What a fucking amazing club this is. And it’s MY club… it’s OUR club.

We all need to remember that when we’re squabbling about pettyshit on this forum. We ALL are in this together, through the gut wrenching agony to ecstasy beyond words. We’ve been through years of seemingly endless shit but we finally now have real hope for the future.
Seeing us lose on penalties like that at the same end, two years on the spin, is a bit much. Kind of feels like the big cheese is a Lesta fan.

Evo1883

Got my lip split open by wandering arms during the elation of the 4th goal ... that wasn't given

So basically a split lip for fuck all

usskyblue

Seeing us lose on penalties like that at the same end, two years on the spin, is a bit much. Kind of feels like the big cheese is a Lesta fan.

Funnily enough (wrong phrase, I know).. I thought about you shortly after the winning penalty. How you (and everyone must be feeling (again). The game was so fucking emotionally draining (again) for so long.. then for it to end like that (again), is fucking heartbreaking.

curly_tom

I am so gutted about today. It feels so unfair. Travelling back into London with all the Manure fans chanting their arrogant bollocks. That is a cruel decision and I am firmly against VAR. No one would give that as offside. Penalties are so hard to take and two years running.
But we were excellent. Everyone including Lati and the others people are having a go at. They were brave and played for the shirt. I’m a proud fan tonight. We will continue to rise. PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

Funnily enough (wrong phrase, I know).. I thought about you shortly after the winning penalty. How you (and everyone must be feeling (again). The game was so fucking emotionally draining (again) for so long.. then for it to end like that (again), is fucking heartbreaking.
Ultimately last year a lot more was at stake, especially as this season the league is finally deducting points for FFP sanctions. But today I’ve experienced the best feeling in football and some prat in a studio has taken it away.

Like so many kids I have taught would say, ‘it’s not fair, sir’.

Evo1883

Ultimately last year a lot more was at stake, especially as this season the league is finally deducting points for FFP sanctions. But today I’ve experienced the best feeling in football and some prat in a studio has taken it away.

Like so many kids I have taught would say, ‘it’s not fair, sir’.
This hurts more than last year and I don't know why ..

What I will say now is this , there isn't a lot that we as fans haven't been through now .. lost a playoff final on pens , fa cup semi on pens , went to the bottom of the pyramid , ground shares etc

We're a pretty headstrong bunch

Brighton Sky Blue

What I will say now is this , there isn't a lot that we as fans haven't been through now .. lost a playoff final on pens , fa cup semi on pens , went to the bottom of the pyramid etc .

Up until last season, any time Mrs BSB would come away disappointed or gutted after a game I could say I’d seen it many times before… but I’d never seen us lose at Wembley on penalties or have a winning goal incorrectly chalked off by VAR.

There we’re both newbies and it hurts a lot. In the eyes of basically everyone watching though, we won that game.

Hertsccfc

When we looked at our worst in the first half, MVE never faltered or looked overwhelmed and was all class, despite probably having the most work to do first half.

Simms looked every bit a premier league level striker, and was unlucky not score a couple more today (hit the bar, Dalot clearance etc.,). Whether he could be consistent at that level, who knows? But he’s definitely got the ability.
Van Ewijk was outstanding throughout the match even the first half. I thought only he and Eccles looked good in that half.

Sheaf and Thomas got better and better as the game went on, and all of the subs were excellent and made a big difference. I just wonder how some of them, especially Sheaf and Thomas could go again on Wednesday. They used so much energy.

That's the best I have seen Binks play. And Tavares was outstanding.

Darth Robins

What I will say now is this , there isn't a lot that we as fans haven't been through now .. lost a playoff final on pens , fa cup semi on pens , went to the bottom of the pyramid , ground shares etc

This one feels far more different to last year, I'm much more angry rather than depressed but still just filled with so much pride, we showed up in a big way on the world stage and got cheated. This sort of thing can really galvanise us for next year, when most of these players will actually still be here! I hope the atmosphere on Wednesday night will be rocking, I expect everyone to air their thoughts on VAR.

My glass is more than half full, we're going to get another shot at these bastards again, and soon!

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if that game got Sheaf and MVE summer transfers. Both immense. Milan went up against Rashford, Antony and Amad Diallo and didn’t lose a single duel.
It might get them scouted but to earn transfers they need to do it against Championship clubs every week as opposed to one off games against PL opposition

Hertsccfc

I feel the opposite.

Today we showed we can live with a top 7 Premier League team and indeed deserved to win. Some of our players again showed they are capable at that level. Some incredible performances today, not all from players we would have expected.

Although of course we wanted to get to the final I did fear what Man City might do to us. A final like that one they had with Watford wouldn't have been fun.

Brighton Sky Blue

I feel the opposite.

Today we showed we can live with a top 7 Premier League team and indeed deserved to win. Some of our players again showed they are capable at that level. Some incredible performances today, not all from players we would have expected.

Although of course we wanted to get to the final I did fear what Man City might do to us. A final like that one they had with Watford wouldn't have been fun.
Irrelevant really, would have been an extra £1.5-2 million in the bank. As for our players, they must try to find a way to achieve this consistently in the league.

Mucca Mad Boys

I have always said, it should be a look of 20-30 seconds max. If they can't find a definitive, clear cut answer there, they go back to the on-field decision.

I am not creating ambiguity. I am saying it simply cannot be allowed to go to such miniscule levels. It makes the game a joke.

Because if you are going to go to those levels, why not take it even further still. See the microsecond a ball leaves a foot and zoom in until you can see each individual blade of grass.

No-one can say that was a clear and obvious error today.

I would also disagree to a degree, on the other point. It used to take ages to come to a decision and all the managers complained and it then became quicker on the whole

Two Liverpool fans I got talking to in Euston said the system is ‘bent’ and we all felt that VAR wouldn’t have intervened if it was a Man U winner. That’s where it seems like BS to me.

The referee, in my view, should have an ‘on field decision’ when referring an incident to VAR. The referees need to be accountable rather than having ‘big brother’ intervene - you can tell Prem refs rely on VAR now when they manage Championship games.

mark82

We were phenomenal for the final 60 minutes of the game. The best hour of football I can remember from a City side. That performance may have just lost us Sheaf in the summer, he was exceptional with the ball. Van Ewijk’s best game for us, he was probably our man of the match but I think all of the players who played that last hour can hold their heads high.
Who got Man of the Match on TV? Must have been MVE or Sheaf?

Mucca Mad Boys

Irrelevant really, would have been an extra £1.5-2 million in the bank. As for our players, they must try to find a way to achieve this consistently in the league.
Agreed. It’s one thing over performing in a one off game, and another doing that over 46 games in the league.

In the two other games we went 3-0 down, PNE and Birmingham, we looked bad.

I don’t want to focus on the negatives because the team gave a good account of themselves from start to finish. Even at 3-0 down, we weren’t playing badly at all. Unlucky to lose but I had one of my best days as a Cov fan today.

Ashdown

Its just about finished me with football today. Not going to lie but the realisation that when push comes to shove the authorities will come down hideously against a non monied club. That so called offside decision was a sham. Was that a toenail or nothing at all ?
Football is fucked and the world is fucked !
C•nts ☹️

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. It’s one thing over performing in a one off game, and another doing that over 46 games in the league.

In the two other games we went 3-0 down, PNE and Birmingham, we looked bad.

I don’t want to focus on the negatives because the team gave a good account of themselves from start to finish. Even at 3-0 down, we weren’t playing badly at all. Unlucky to lose but I had one of my best days as a Cov fan today.
If they can play close to that final hour of football in every game next season they’ll all be top flight players by the end.

Users who are viewing this thread