Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (2 Viewers)

napolimp

So glad we lost to a Man U penalty, and not missing one of our own. And that more than 1 of our players missed, it must be soul destroying to step-up and hit the losing penalty, didn't want another Dabo situation.

SkyblueTexan

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if that game got Sheaf and MVE summer transfers. Both immense. Milan went up against Rashford, Antony and Amad Diallo and didn’t lose a single duel.
I bet they’ll get offers. Hope we rebuff any bids. Hope COH makes a uturn and re-signs (unlikely I know). Hope we sign Binks, get a new goalie, CM, striker, and flesh out other gaps.

Sick Boy

This game should give this team the belief that they can compete with the big boys in the EPL. We just have to work on making performances like this (for the last 21 mins of regulation plus 30 mins of extra time) a more consistent part of the way we play. We have raised the profile of this team the last couple of seasons with last season’s playoff final loss and today’s FA Cup SF loss. Just need to use these experiences as a platform for continuing to build this team by attracting better talent. That will help us get to the EPL soon and hopefully make Wembley appearances a more regular thing.
The key for the management will be using the disappointment
After VAR saved them

he

HadjiChippo

If Haaland doesn’t play or doesn’t score in the final, Simms will certainly finish joint top scorer in the cup with Szmodics, second most assists too.

SkyblueTexan

Sheaf was wayward all game, should never have been taking one.
Surprised Godden didn’t take any. Simms needs to have stepped up as well.

skybluegod

Thought that Sheaf and Torp showed the potential to be a hello of a partnership for that hour as well today. Torp coming on seemed to make sheaf even better as he knew he had somebody that could pick out different angles. Torp was always showing and some great switches of play. Hopefully Torp can get up to full speed.

(I think Eccles did a job too, but still has limitations as a progressive midfielder consistently)

Hertsccfc

Thought that Sheaf and Torp showed the potential to be a hello of a partnership for that hour as well today. Torp coming on seemed to make sheaf even better as he knew he had somebody that could pick out different angles. Torp was always showing and some great switches of play. Hopefully Torp can get up to full speed.

(I think Eccles did a job too, but still has limitations as a progressive midfielder consistently)
Eccles creates loads but some people never see it. He created our only decent chance in the first half and he was playing in a much harder formation as we were outnumbered as we had five defenders. Torp was great but so was Eccles.

HadjiChippo

Another player I was impressed by was Binks, was a really calming presence at the back, settled the defence at a time when it looked like we might be heading towards a 4 or 5 shellacking, and ended up putting in an important performance.

Lati really disappointed me today, don’t know if it was nerves or the occasion got to him but he was all over the place, constant mistakes and cheaply giving the ball away.

In fact all of our subs seemed up for it today, especially Tavares who Bissaka is probably having nightmares about right now.

skybluegod

Eccles creates loads but some people never see it. He created our only decent chance in the first half and he was playing in a much harder formation as we were outnumbered as we had five defenders. Torp was great but so was Eccles.

I love Eccles and he is very much part of our future. But I also think Torp could be a better player long term.

(I agree he did a very good job with a very hard task in the first half) My post was just focused on the progression

Hertsccfc

I love Eccles and he is very much part of our future. But I also think Torp could be a better player long term.

(I agree he did a very good job with a very hard task in the first half) My post was just focused on the progression
Sorry to disappoint you but I really don't think Eccles is going to be replaced any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread