Match Thread Coventry City vs Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 10th Feb (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs Accrington Stanley match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
Important game.

Personally I think he should play the following:

Burge

DKE Willis McDonald Stokes (if fit) then Haynes as backup

JMD Bayliss Doyle Reid or Shipley

Clarke Harris McNulty

Otis

Cliché now, but a must win. A draw will result in 1 point gained out of a possible 6 following FGR.

Accrington play tonight too, so it will be interesting to see how they get on against Swindon.

clint van damme

Must win!!

left back worries me and I would target our left hand side if I were Accy. Stokes was abysmal Saturday and Haynes doesn't fill me with confidence.

Given the injury situation wondering if he might switch to wing backs. Play all 3 fit centre halves, DKE and Haynes as wing back with Doyle, Kelly and Bayliss central and the usual 2 up top. Doubt he will but wouldn't surprise me if it's been considered.

Nick

Administrator
Must win!!

left back worries me and I would target our left hand side if I were Accy. Stokes was abysmal Saturday and Haynes doesn't fill me with confidence.

Given the injury situation wondering if he might switch to wing backs. Play all 3 fit centre halves, DKE and Haynes as wing back with Doyle, Kelly and Bayliss central and the usual 2 up top. Doubt he will but wouldn't surprise me if it's been considered.

Was thinking that when I did the line up

Like this:

Burge

Willis Hyam McDonald

DKE Haynes

Doyle Kelly

Bayliss

JCH McNulty

Otis

I think we need to pick the players who are fit and not pick the players who are not fit.

I'm too was thinking wingbacks if we have lost both fullbacks to injury.

Hasn't worked too well this far, but it's an option worth considering and we could of course then incorporate Doyle, Kelly AND Bayliss.

steve82

Like this:

Burge

Willis Hyam McDonald

DKE Haynes

Doyle Kelly

Bayliss

JCH McNulty

I thought similar but with only 3 fit central defenders I doubt we'd play them all, stick with 4 at the back and draft DiKE in and Haynes if necessary.

I can see JCH starting this game too with McNulty

Terry Gibson's perm

Burge
Dke whichever the full back one is
Haynes
Willis
Macdonald

Maguire drew
Doyle
Bayliss
Reid

JCH
McNulty

fatso

That midfield would get over run. You can’t have a lightweight like Drew and a couldn’t give a fuck like Reid in the same midfield.

Londonccfcfan

Burge
Kelly, Willis, McDonald, Haynes
Reid, Bayliss, Doyle, Shipley
Biamou, McNulty

Favour this midfiled as there are goals in it potentially.

A bit left wing but I think Kelly would do a good job at Right back, good tenacious in the tackle and can get up and down the right/experienced enough to a job there.
JCH to come on for Max
JMD/Barrat to come on for Shipley and/or Reid.

1-1 Draw.

clint van damme

I thought similar but with only 3 fit central defenders I doubt we'd play them all, stick with 4 at the back and draft DiKE in and Haynes if necessary.

I can see JCH starting this game too with McNulty

if he goes with your train of thought that he needs a centre half on the bench which I can see the logic in then it has to be DKE and Haynes as full back.

I think those two with Willis and Rod will be the most likely starting back four.

Brighton Sky Blue

Issue with wing backs is you are sacrificing defensive cover for the centre backs which in our present situation I think would be ill advised. Keep it simple and stick JCH up with McNulty knowing you have Biamou to change approach.

Above all else, get it into McNulty's feet, he can get goals out of nothing from
these situations as we've seen many times.

Londonccfcfan

Like this:

Burge

Willis Hyam McDonald

DKE Haynes

Doyle Kelly

Bayliss

JCH McNulty

No wing backs! he wont go back to that failed experiment! That cost us three points vs Crawley! were so much better in tried and tested 442!

Liquid Gold

Keep 4-4-2
Burge
DKE Willis McDonald Stokes/Haynes
JMD Bayliss Doyle Shipley
JCH McNulty

Comfortable 2-0

Marty

They played us of the park in the first half at their place, it's a must win and we need to put the game at theirs right. 1-1 draw I think.

steve82

---------------Burge----------------
DiKE--Willis--Mcdonald--Stokes/Haynes
----JMD--Bayliss--Kelly--Shipley----
-----------JCH----McNulty---------

Bench
O'Brien, Hyam, Haynes/DeKE, Barrett, Reid, Beavon, Biamou

1-1 Sean McConville for Accrington and JCH with a goal on his return to the Ricoh.

wingy

Don't know why but see a loss here .
It's bothering me that the talented Camwell is no where near things with these Injuries .

covhead1

Last week we were poor.

This saturday its going to be a much better performance and we will win.

3-1 Biamou to score 1st.
Got to be at least 70/1 so i'll put a tenner on it!!

Otis

They played us of the park in the first half at their place, it's a must win and we need to put the game at theirs right. 1-1 draw I think.
Didn't we need to put the FGR first game right too on Saturday?

Londonccfcfan

If we can get a win on Saturday. Could be a huge in terms on gaining on some of the teams above us as :

Coventry vs Accrington
Swindon vs Mansfield
Exeter vs Wycombe
Stevenage vs Luton
Cambridge vs Lincoln (Friday)
Carlisle vs Colchester
Barnet vs Notts County

At least three or four teams above us will drop points. Draws again would be ideal.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I also think we will lose this one their 3 goal scorers have banged in 37 between them and also17assists what we would give for those figures . Our gefence will have to be at their very best to keep them out.

Brighton Sky Blue

I also think we will lose this one their 3 goal scorers have banged in 37 between them and also17assists what we would give for those figures . Our gefence will have to be at their very best to keep them out.

2 of ours who would've achieved similar numbers have been cropped for the whole season.

torchomatic

I think we need to win and it really it a crunch game for us. On a separate note as there will be a lot of people there the players need to win and win in style. Get the stayaways excited and wanting to come back to the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread