Match Thread Coventry City vs. Doncaster Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 27th Oct (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

1-1 for me. Donny have been playing alright, just not getting results looking at their forum. We’ve obviously got enough about us but the winning run’s got to come to an end at some point!

Was meant to be coming down for this with my mate who’s a Donny fan but he can’t make it any more. Gutted, think it’ll be a good game.

Super Graham Withey

Was it Doncaster McSheffrey played for against us and scored and our fans applauded him?

giphy.gif
No it was Scunthorpe. I think McSheffrey is doing some coaching at Donny now.

Paxman II

They are missing a couple of key defenders hence their recent form. How would we be if we had no Willis and no Davies or Hyam?
I think so long as we keep our feet firmly planted on the ground still, Chaplin now has his ability and belief rewarded and we attack with pace so not to expose ourselves in midfield we will win.
It's great having Hiwula, Jones, Thomas but it comes at the expense of say Kelly to help shore up the middle. I just hope we do not capitulate in front of the home fans where the pressure is greater. We must turn up on the day again and work hard for 90 minutes. Law of averages suggest we won't do 6 wins in a row, that something will give. A goalie mistake, penalty against us, players just not with it on the day. But that is what MR's has got to instill in the players heads that we must not let that happen and approach the game like we are after our first win.

Last edited:

skybluegod

They are missing a couple of key defenders hence their recent form. How would we be if we had no Willis and no Davies or Hyam?
I think so long as we keep our feet firmly planted on the ground still, Chaplin now has his ability and belief rewarded and we attack with pace so not to expose ourselves in midfield we will win.
It's great having Hiwula, Jones, Thomas but it comes at the expense of say Kelly to help shore up the middle. I just hope we do not capitulate in front of the home fans where the pressure is greater. We must turn up on the day again and work hard for 90 minutes. Law of averages suggest we won't do 6 wins in a row, that something will give. A goalie mistake, penalty against us, players just not with it on the day. But that is what MR's has got to instill in the players heads that we must not let that happen and approach the game like we are after our first win.

No they only just lost those couple of defenders to suspension so that has no correlation to their form.

Great_Expectations

Brown is looking more assured, no need to change anything. Mason is fit again isn't he? He played in the FLT game

Did he? Apologies, I missed that if so.

Brown has steadily improved but hes not the stand out I expected based on Shrewsbury fans calling him the best LB in L1. Hopefully he’ll get there as his match sharpness improves. I do think Mason is stronger defensively though.

Great_Expectations

you live abroad or returning from trip abroad?

I'm missing this one unfortunately, bad planning of a weekend away. Could start an argument with my missus and throw a hissy fit just before we leave tell her I'm staying home!

Just returning from a holiday. Currently sat at the airport with the post holiday blues kicking in, let’s hope the Sky Blues can cheer me up!

wingy

Wonder how the pitch is holding out
Looked like it cut up a fair bit when the others played last match.
And the darker days are coming
Hope they've invested in more sun lamps this season.

BrizzolSkyBlue

Appologies if already mentioned but Doncaster missing two key defenders tomorrow through suspension !! Right back Niall Mason and centre half Andy Butler who have both started all 15 league games !!
They might be missing a couple of defenders but they WILL score goals. I think we'lll have to score at least a couple to get even a draw today. Looking at their stats and form though we should be able to get at least a draw.
2-2

Esoterica

Loads of good stats around this one:
They are better on the road than at home - most of their recent dip in form has been down to their home matches (defeated by Accrington and Sunderland and a draw against the Gills after conceding twice early on).
upload_2018-10-27_11-8-56.png
Their 2 defeats away from home have both been 1-0s against Burton and Accrington and in their 4 victories and a draw they have scored at least 3 goals.

upload_2018-10-27_11-11-4.png

Doncaster have conceded in their last 10 matches and in all 7 away games this season
Doncaster have scored in 5 of those 7 away matches and are averaging 2 goals per game away from home.
upload_2018-10-27_11-4-1.png

10 of Doncaster's 14 away goals have been scored in the second half and like Southend, they are strong in the first 15 minutes after halftime:
upload_2018-10-27_11-6-26.png

Sky Blue Harry H

Early prediction - win, we're definitely going to make the play offs, lose and 'Robins left his substitutions too late, Doyle needs dropping and Brown needs replacing with Mason'

CovInEssex

Loads of good stats around this one:
They are better on the road than at home - most of their recent dip in form has been down to their home matches (defeated by Accrington and Sunderland and a draw against the Gills after conceding twice early on).
View attachment 10818
Their 2 defeats away from home have both been 1-0s against Burton and Accrington and in their 4 victories and a draw they have scored at least 3 goals.

View attachment 10819

Doncaster have conceded in their last 10 matches and in all 7 away games this season
Doncaster have scored in 5 of those 7 away matches and are averaging 2 goals per game away from home.
View attachment 10816

10 of Doncaster's 14 away goals have been scored in the second half and like Southend, they are strong in the first 15 minutes after halftime:
View attachment 10817

They're also vulnerable towards the end of the game, whereas that's where we come to life

letsallsingtogether

Yes the roll goes on and on can't see us losing any games this side of the New year :)

Users who are viewing this thread