Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

I’m afraid this is just nonsense.

Let’s dispel one myth. This will have nothing to do with Lincoln. They cannot influence this decision.

The ground and stands were cleared yesterday. Then we had the most snowfall all week accumulated in around 4 hours from 3.

So there was work needed to be done today and the stands were not safe at the point of inspection.

Given there was an unusually large amount of away fans coming that became a factor. If there was any doubt at all it had to be called off to avoid unnecessary travel.

I don’t know why your showing distances fans travel today as you are missing the point. The point would be if millwall fans turned up and found there was an inspection at 2 and it was called off - would that be acceptable?
grendal in talking bollocks shock

Grendel

Otis

What I don't get is that heavy snow was forecast. Someone even mentioned it on here yesterday yet it seemingly has caught the club by surprise.

Nick

Administrator
Have just seen some "footage" of a small group of young lads "clearing" the snow.

Coventry v Lincoln POSTPONED: All the reaction from a snowy Ricoh

I'm really not sure what they were actually trying to do, about 3 of them stood about doing nothing, 1 of them is just lifting it up and putting it down again.

No actual aim in what they are doing at all.

Pretty sure with a couple of hundred fans doing a proper job it could have been cleared out.

Terry Gibson's perm

What I don't get is that heavy snow was forecast. Someone even mentioned it on here yesterday yet it seemingly has caught the club by surprise.

Probably the safety people the ones that also want about 5000 seats in between the home and away fans probably double up as teachers;)

Grendel

What were they supposed to do about that? Call it off yesterday?

Hobo

Millwall v Sunderland and all the fans travelling there? Stoke Southampton, Bournemouth Leicester?

People seem to just dismiss this as if their fans don't have any travelling to do whatsoever.

It's not a problem if the game is on, but if you can't be certain you can make the stadium safe better to call it off sooner rather later and try to prevent fans making a wasted journey....that is the point.

David O'Day

You can’t even spell my name. Are you related to that singer from Dollar?
Don't give a damn how your name is spelt. You and the truth are at best in a long distance relationship.

And that's Van Day you thick tory twat.

Otis

Put plans in place.

Carlisle put a call out to fans two days ago.

As soon as they were aware snow was forecast here and it started coming down significantly the club could have put a call out to fans.

We could have come out in force first thing this morning.

Nick

Administrator

The weird bit is how certain it was that it was on yesterday evening.

It wasn't "we will look at the weather in the morning and make a decision" it was "the pitch is fine, the game is on".

All of that snow could have been cleared over the last couple of days and then it would have just been whatever snowfall last night to move this morning.

Even watching that footage of them trying to clear it shows there was no real plan, it's just about 8 lads all stood together doing something for the camera.

I know a few fans went down to help, but if we had drafted more in and put somthing out on social media we could have had it cleared up.

David O'Day

the twitter feed said it was unexpected. Only if you hadn't looked at the weather forecasts from about wednesday onwards

Otis

It's not a problem if the game is on, but if you can't be certain you can make the stadium safe better to call it off sooner rather later and try to prevent fans making a wasted journey....that is the point.
A lot of Lincoln fans were already here apparently.

Otis

The weird bit is how certain it was that it was on yesterday evening.

It wasn't "we will look at the weather in the morning and make a decision" it was "the pitch is fine, the game is on".

All of that snow could have been cleared over the last couple of days and then it would have just been whatever snowfall last night to move this morning.
Yep. They seemed very confident. It is weird.

Grendel

Don't give a damn how your name is spelt. You and the truth are at best in a long distance relationship.

And that's Van Day you thick tory twat.

No what I’ve said is exactly what has happened. Your tin foil conspiracy nonsense is just pathetic and up there with Ellvis lives on the moon.

Interesting you know it’s Van Day - I suspected that you were a fan. Bland and a laughing stock is very appropriate for you.

Grendel

RCC drops a cross but lays on it. Good distribution to throw it out wide quick but it comes to nothing.

The first post was f even funny don’t bore us any more.

The Reverend Skyblue

Sunderland definitely will be blaming us for their game being called off, because in 1977 when they got relegated, supposedly due to us, they wouldn't even be in their current league 41 years later.
You wait

David O'Day

No what I’ve said is exactly what has happened. Your tin foil conspiracy nonsense is just pathetic and up there with Ellvis lives on the moon.

Interesting you know it’s Van Day - I suspected that you were a fan. Bland and a laughing stock is very appropriate for you.
No you tory twat it's just other people have made the same piss poor joke about my name.

Why do you post here? Is it a fetish of yours to be laughed at?

grendal in talking bollocks shock

The opposite, he is on the money.

It was CCFC who rang LCFC this morning to say the game was in doubt. Hence LCFC put it out on redimps.co.uk in response to the phone call, it was not LCFC initiated as has been portrayed by some on here. For the avoidance of doubt this has now been publicly confirmed by the Imps CEO, he has also confirmed the paucity of information from CCFC despite requests to contrary and had to rely on the CCFC Twitter feed.

Nick

Administrator
Can you knobheads pipe down? I am trying to solve a case here.

giphy.gif

David O'Day

It was as CCFC who rang LCFC this morning to say the game was in doubt. Hence LCFC put it out on redimps.co.uk in response to the phone call, it was not LCFC initiated as has been portrayed by some on here. For the avoidance of doubt this has now been publicly confirmed by the Imps CEO, he has also confirmed the paucity of information from CCFC despite requests to contrary and had to rely on the CCFC Twitter feed.
Bollocks chap, why did your police say differently.

Cheating twats

Nick

Administrator

It was CCFC who rang LCFC this morning to say the game was in doubt. Hence LCFC put it out on redimps.co.uk in response to the phone call, it was not LCFC initiated as has been portrayed by some on here. For the avoidance of doubt this has now been publicly confirmed by the Imps CEO, he has also confirmed the paucity of information from CCFC despite requests to contrary and had to rely on the CCFC Twitter feed.

Has he confirmed whether Lincoln tried to get it called off yesterday? Would be interesting to know ;)

Why did the Lincoln police say all roads were fine, then say that it was called off because of travel to and from and then delete both?

giphy.gif

Otis

They should have asked for us Sky Blue fans to help.

A post on here first thing might have made all the difference.

Grendel

Unfortunately our resident retard won’t believe you

Users who are viewing this thread