Match Thread Coventry City vs Scunthorpe United Match Thread - Saturday 4th Aug (1 Viewer)

itsabuzzard

Despite all the hoo-ha surrounding strikers, I'm going for 3-1 the City off the back of a pulsating display, with at least two of the new boys on the score-sheet. Pre-season was no pointer towards what's going to happen when thevchips are down. Promotion is a distinct possibilty.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

I believe he is
Just watched the Robins interview from yesterday. He tried to give nothing away but his body language suggested to me Willis was fit, in which case I'd put him with Hyam in the middle of defence. I'd love Jodi to make a little appearance off the bench. I presume its a couple of weeks too early for him though.

clint van damme

I'm hoping against hope that we as supporters keep a bit of perspective whatever the result.
No meltdown if we lose and no getting the open top bus out if we win.
Long way to go and sheff Utd and Wigan both started badly on the last 2 occasions we were in this league before winning it.

better days

Just watched the Robins interview from yesterday. He tried to give nothing away but his body language suggested to me Willis was fit, in which case I'd put him with Hyam in the middle of defence. I'd love Jodi to make a little appearance off the bench. I presume its a couple of weeks too early for him though.
Too soon for JJ
He will probably play in U21 games to start with

shmmeee

Our record at home to Scunthorpe in the league:-

W1 - D3 - L3

Having said that our record first day at home is something like P10 W7 D2 L1 and Scunthorpes record first day away is something like P10 W1 D2 L7

(Numbers may be not exact but it's about that)

skyblueelephant76

I can't remember getting to the first game of the season before and having no idea how we will line-up. There are good options and competition for places right across the team, hopefully whatever Robin's goes with gels quickly.

shmmeee

I can't remember getting to the first game of the season before and having no idea how we will line-up. There are good options and competition for places right across the team, hopefully whatever Robin's goes with gels quickly.

Looking at the haircuts of most of the new signings I imagine gelling ability was right up there on Robins requirements list.

Hobo

Just remember if we lose, our season isn't wrecked and players aren't shit because of a bad performance.

My hopes for the season are:

We are a goal threat as a team rather than one player.

"Rise Together" becomes our war chant.

We have a slow burn season and really set fire around Easter and become unbeatable.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

I cannot wait for today.

My team would be;

Burge
Sterling Willis Hyam Brown
Doyle Ogogo
Bayliss Andreu Allesani
Biamou

With Hiwula on at around 60 minutes.

3 - 0 City.

If we walk away feeling like we did after the first game of the first Mowbray season, it’ll be a great evening.

I know the #risetogether could be seen as cliche or whatever, but I like it. It means something.

I’ve had a season ticket for 20 years and my affinity for the club has never been stronger.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just landed in the Flying standard from the West Country PUSB!!!

stevefloyd

I would think
Burge
Grimmer Willis Hyam Brown or hopefully Mason
Doyle Ogogo
Bayliss Andreu Allesani
JCH

coop

In villamartin going to a pub he says he'll put match on live as have a lead for tv so happy daze #PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread