Match Thread Coventry City - Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread - Friday 22nd Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Wycombe Wanderers match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

Might help us actually. Gives us a few more hours recovery time advantage over the other sides.

clint van damme

After the post Morecambe game low I am now a lot more positive. Coupled with Wycombes poor away form, I'm expecting 3 points.

Brighton Sky Blue

This will be another game decided by the odd goal and another where sitters will go begging. Mackail-Smith will likely get on the scoresheet.

covcity4life

Thanks guys. Will be annoying on sat when we not playing but if we can win it will make xmass very nice for us!

That said .....ill take a draw

Londonccfcfan

Easily our biggest game game of the season so far.

Massive!

Potential 3rd place/play off candidate. Currently 4th place on 37 points vs us in 7th on 35 points.

Beat them and our season really has kickstarted again. Could be sitting pretty on 38 points one point behind Exeter in the Automatic places.although we would have played a game more than most.

Or do we carry on our inconsistent ways of the last couple of months.

Lots of goals in this match. 3-2 win. Crowd 6750.

Paxman II

I think as I always do in this atrocious league that we should be winning these games. MR's assessment that we are the best in this league needs to be backed up with the right personel and formation on the pitch. Think he has tinkered too much lately and showed inconsistency with the way he sets up his teams.
I want to see Stevenson in the middle of the park, Nazon up front with a free to roam remit, Mc.Nulty getting in on the end of everything, and wing backs please.
Orther wise I'm still unsure of a result....could be 3-0 could be 0-1. Just hoping for a win.

lifeskyblue

Any result but a loss would be ok. A win would be a great tonic before Christmas. Biamou has to score sometime; could it be Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I think as I always do in this atrocious league that we should be winning these games. MR's assessment that we are the best in this league needs to be backed up with the right personel and formation on the pitch. Think he has tinkered too much lately and showed inconsistency with the way he sets up his teams.
I want to see Stevenson in the middle of the park, Nazon up front with a free to roam remit, Mc.Nulty getting in on the end of everything, and wing backs please.
Orther wise I'm still unsure of a result....could be 3-0 could be 0-1. Just hoping for a win.

Team selection does tend to be inconsistent when you've got players out injured you wally

Kingokings204

Really dont think we can be content with a draw if we have any ambitions to serious automatic candidates.

We said that after Newport, yeovil, forest green and morecambe.

We do need to win of course. Wycombe seem to be a good side for us. Are we their bogey team for once?

1-0 cov with 9k there.

Otis

Thanks guys. Will be annoying on sat when we not playing but if we can win it will make xmass very nice for us!

That said .....ill take a draw
A win against Morecambe and Port Vale and a draw against Wycombe would do just fine for Christmas.

Last edited:

superskyblue

Wasps is looking like it's going to be close to a sell-out too. I am going (I support Gloucester) - quite looking forward to seeing the Ricoh full.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we win one of our next two. I will be content. Wycombe have Akinfenwa, Nathan Tyson and Craig Mackail-Smith, so have some obvious attacking threat. Think we will have to score 2 to get anything.

gspotgaz

If we win one of our next two. I will be content. Wycombe have Akinfenwa, Nathan Tyson and Craig Mackail-Smith, so have some obvious attacking threat. Think we will have to score 2 to get anything.

Tyson and mackail-smith both 35. Akinfenwa would be the threat I think but as others have said get Davies on him

Cavan O'Doherty

Yes Davies should play with McDonald as Akinfenwa will have a field day with Willis. A must win game against one of the top teams. Hopefully it's not 1 step forward, 2 steps back again.

fernandopartridge

First name on the team sheet has to be Tom Davies for this one. Akinfenwa could have a field day against Jordan Wills, I hope Rod Mcdonald Is fit to return in his place.
This the Akinfenwa we managed to keep out last season? It's much more important to stop the supply of crosses imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

crazy really. It's their stadium.

you wonder weather that's them want to please us, told by the council it has to be that way, need a tennant to help pay the bonds, or all of the above

No it’s FA rules that determine primacy - the club have officially said that they want to try it as an experiment.

Also their fans prefer Sunday’s.

steve82

This the Akinfenwa we managed to keep out last season? It's much more important to stop the supply of crosses imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He did well against us, didn't he score? Or set one up

Yes came on at half time and changed the game as we sank deeper and deeper. Scored after 10 minutes of being on if I recall.

Has 10 league goals this season already so more than capable at this level and full of confidence.

7 of them goals were from headers too

Last edited:

chiefdave

Whats our lowest ever crowd for a league game? Think this could be very low. Take out the people who have something better to do on a Friday night and those travelling somewhere for Xmas and it could be even emptier than usual.

Londonccfcfan

Whats our lowest ever crowd for a league game? Think this could be very low. Take out the people who have something better to do on a Friday night and those travelling somewhere for Xmas and it could be even emptier than usual.

Well I know quite a few of the away only crew going to this one that’s taken up the 10 for 10 offer. So we maybe surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread