Coventry Evening Telegraph. (1 Viewer)

Hobo

:facepalm:

1604589_10201765155245914_344297274788268725_n.jpg

Pathetic.
I always thought people paid for advertising and the price was dictated by the space and location within the publication.

So Wasps have paid for an advert in a prime location in the paper. What is your point?

Sick Boy

Perhaps they should invite Villa to advertise in their next so that they can attract fans from the area?

Hobo

Perhaps they should invite Villa to advertise in their next so that they can attract fans from the area?

If Villa paid for the advert space I am sure they would just like any newspaper.

Grendel

If Villa paid for the advert space I am sure they would just like any newspaper.

Do you think BHSB will have a problem with that or not?

SkyblueBazza

Anyone can pay for advertising space. The paper wants to sell the premium priced spaces.
The Wasps want to buy the best sace available...enter the deal! Can't blame either party...that is simply the nature of the beast surely?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

"Invite" is perhaps the wrong word. If the Villa specifically wanted to attract fans away from CCFC they would approach the paper...who would charge 'top dollar' for the deal due to the controvesiality of it I would think.

oldfiver

Anyone can pay for advertising space. The paper wants to sell the premium priced spaces.
The Wasps want to buy the best sace available...enter the deal! Can't blame either party...that is simply the nature of the beast surely?

But WHO paid for it? JLR ( allegedly) have been covering all the PR costs as part of the sponsorship

Nick

Administrator
But WHO paid for it? JLR ( allegedly) have been covering all the PR costs as part of the sponsorship

I did think that suddenly JLR have been getting more articles since the Wasps move.

Today there was one about the camouflaged car driving in Coventry, they have been for years.

Lamptey

I still cant quite get my head round how we had so much pain and dispute with the Ricoh and the move to Northampton, to then come back and see the wasps takeover! CET who cares.

Moff

Whilst I agree buisness is buisness, I cant ever recall the Telegraph having a huge back page advertisment before.

This is the same paper that rightly made a huge song and dance about CCFC leaving the City and getting them back home, and yet seem to take the polar opposite view with wasps?

I look foward to their section on CRFC, you know like the one they have done for Wasps, but it will never happen, as why support your local Rugby Club when you can jump on the more glamorous bandwagon and forget the local roots of the City your rag is meant to cover.

letsallsingtogether

Thought that none of you moaners read the shit local rag?
So why moan about something you don't even read?
I for one still have it delivered every day have for over 20 years.
I only read the parts I want to.

Funny but I see the Wasps advertising every day hasn't made me want to go.
PUSB

SkyBlueZack

Where's Mr Gilbert to explain matters when needed? Do people not see a pattern? PWKH was on here during dispute then disappeared after acl was sold. Gilbert was on here just delivering the news as part of a free press. Disappeared after the revelation that the council told the cet not to release the news of the wasps deal. There is nobody blinder than someone who refuses to see.

skybluetony176

Where's Mr Gilbert to explain matters when needed? Do people not see a pattern? PWKH was on here during dispute then disappeared after acl was sold. Gilbert was on here just delivering the news as part of a free press. Disappeared after the revelation that the council told the cet not to release the news of the wasps deal. There is nobody blinder than someone who refuses to see.

The pattern being that they were hounded of by an elite few. To be honest it was stupid of PWHK to be on here in the first place but SG's leaving was nothing more than school yard bullying from a few paranoid children. Pretty pathetic really. Odd that the ones who usually come up with the "where's SG" line are usually the same ones who quite deliberately bullied him off the site. It's almost as if they deliberately bullied him off just so they could use that line. Again, pretty pathetic really.

Nick

Administrator
The pattern being that they were hounded of by an elite few. To be honest it was stupid of PWHK to be on here in the first place but SG's leaving was nothing more than school yard bullying from a few paranoid children. Pretty pathetic really. Odd that the ones who usually come up with the "where's SG" line are usually the same ones who quite deliberately bullied him off the site. It's almost as if they deliberately bullied him off just so they could use that line. Again, pretty pathetic really.
Have you got links to the bullying? Paranoid about what?

SkyBlueZack

We are aware that sisu, the council and wasps have read the forum. Now call sisu what you want. But I can't remember anyone trying to deliberately push an agenda from their side. Rfc not being counted. Gilbert was on here for a purpose. It weren't cos he believed in free press or cared about the fans. So what was it?

Sick Boy

I wonder if it would have been fine for sisu to have advertised in the local Northants paper while we were at Sixfields?

Funny that moving a club temporarily is a worse crime than moving permanently.

covmark

Hounded off?? What a load of crap. As Zack says, the reason Gilbert pissed off was because the CT were found out to be in the pocket of the council all along. Despite his claims to the contrary.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I wonder if it would have been fine for sisu to have advertised in the local Northants paper while we were at Sixfields?

When you look at the facts in our case it probably was. A) there was no need to move. B) it served the club no purpose to move. C) it was only ever going to damage the club, short and long term as it turns out because D) it opened the Ricoh up to real and dangerous outside interest.

The fact is that Wasps being able to move to the Ricoh on a permanent basis is directly linked to us being shipped off to Northampton. It removed us as anchor tenant and our return only confirmed that.

lewys33

but they had no choice of course.

Liquid Gold

Yes you can expect a paper to try and sell as much advertising as possible but the thing people are missing here is this is a visual metaphor for us being marginalised in our own city. If this trend continues whats to stop wasps paying for the entire back page every time we win, would that be fair or right?

SkyBlueZack

Yeah it would be fair cos they pay for it. It was sisus fault for moving us to Northampton. It was sisus fault wasps had to move here. It has nothing to do with the cet or the council so can we all just move on please!

Sarcasm for the sheldon coopers on here.

Kingokings204

Yes you can expect a paper to try and sell as much advertising as possible but the thing people are missing here is this is a visual metaphor for us being marginalised in our own city. If this trend continues whats to stop wasps paying for the entire back page every time we win, would that be fair or right?

Pretty much how I see it. Papers sell advertising that's a fact. But there has to be a moral or a fair issue to this also. As always the truth always lies somewhere in the middle.

fernandopartridge

I'm not really bothered about Wasps paying to advertise in the Telegraph. The paper copy has an increasingly narrow reach. It might draw a few punters in, it might not.

SkyBlueZack

Point A. Discussed this with OSB58 yesterday. While the rent was not the main cause of losses it certainly contributed. It had to be sorted. Admittedly would of been better to do it when they first arrived but we call that hindsight.
Point B. See above. Something had to be done about the rental deal. Bit drastic to move 35 miles yet wasps moved 90 miles and people are climbing over themselves to work with them in a partnership. Some right strange people in the world.
Point C. In hindsight you're right. Question is though did anyone believe that the council who were playing the moral high ground card about moving clubs would sell to one moving 90 miles?
Point D. Sadly yes in part to my above point regarding the council's morals seemingly disappearing at a bit of cash and the opportunity to get one over on sisu.

The fact is tony a council that claimed to only care about the football club and were outraged at said club being moved stabbed the club and it's fans in the back. Whilst at the same time doing it to wasps fans. The biggest fact is that stadium should of only ever held a team in it with local connections.

Users who are viewing this thread