Coventry Rugby Club (1 Viewer)

Baginton

Anyone going to next Saturdays Cov rugbys home game...

They are doing a one off deal where (with proof), last seasons CCFC season ticket holders can go along and get in for £7, usually only £14!

With city not in action til sunday, how many fancy a change of shaped balls and will attend the rugby?

I like rugby, but have never been to a proper game, played it at school and watched bigger games on tv, might be interesting,

town centre ground, loads of parking , tidy little ground (with room to extend/build on) i'd love to see city buy it and do build three more stands.

http://coventryrfc.co.uk/article-category/HomePage.html

BurbageSkyBlues

Cov RFC are starting to rebuild, after years in the doldrums. I wouldn't get your hopes up, too much, of the sky blues moving in to the butts arena......the rugby club has two wealthy supporters that have each just pledged £1M into the development and infrastructure.

Rugby is a great game, football could learn a lot from the way players, etc, conduct themselves. Money is a big part in rugby, these days, but no where near the obscene levels that it is in football. As we have seen at CCFC, and the conduct of the authorities, money is paramount in soccer.......sport is second fiddle.

simple_simon

Anyone going to next Saturdays Cov rugbys home game...

They are doing a one off deal where (with proof), last seasons CCFC season ticket holders can go along and get in for £7, usually only £14!

With city not in action til sunday, how many fancy a change of shaped balls and will attend the rugby?

I like rugby, but have never been to a proper game, played it at school and watched bigger games on tv, might be interesting,

town centre ground, loads of parking , tidy little ground (with room to extend/build on) i'd love to see city buy it and do build three more stands.

http://coventryrfc.co.uk/article-category/HomePage.html

I intend going.

Flying Fokker

American football is just as puffy. If you like commitment of players to win then both outdo football. Spirit,team play, respecting officials,the crowds,each other.

BurbageSkyBlues

No thanks rugbys for puffs

Yeah, right.

Football players that fall over at the flick of a feather...?.....wouldn't last three seconds anywhere on a rugby field, let alone in the front row!

Your comment highlights the one big difference between the two sports - respect in one, and the lack of it in the other.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Can you imagine SISU or Otium or whatever it is that these charlatans call themselves these days submitting a planning application to Coventry City Council to develop the Butts.
I suspect the response might be no?

BurbageSkyBlues

Can you imagine SISU or Otium or whatever it is that these charlatans call themselves these days submitting a planning application to Coventry City Council to develop the Butts.
I suspect the response might be no?

I think that the bpa is rented or leased from the council, and there may be a covenant that prevents use other than rugby?

FRY-CCFC

You wanna watch a load of grown men groping each other fine by me. It also takes 100x more skill to play football

Yeah, right.

Football players that fall over at the flick of a feather...?.....

That's right - who remembers proper football matches at Highfield Road with tackles from the likes of George Hudson, George Curtis, Roy Barry, Jeff Blockley, Big Jim Holton, Brian Kilcline (to a degree) - then there were opposition players like Chopper Harris, "Bites yer legs" Hunter, Billy Bremner, Tommy Smith and Dave Mackay to name but a few - the days when if you were tackled, you stayed tackled. :D

No rolling about feigning injury, players just got up and ran off knocks.

Spionkop

Highfieldroader, you're having an email dialogue with compulsive piss takers. Well known around these parts.

Spionkop

Wigan, Bremner, Hunter, two of a team that were hated by any genuine football fan. Thugs.
In terms of physical confrontation, there's no contest. Rugger is a hard sport. I don't like it much but football in comparison is soft.

Wigan, Bremner, Hunter, two of a team that were hated by any genuine football fan. Thugs.
In terms of physical confrontation, there's no contest. Rugger is a hard sport. I don't like it much but football in comparison is soft.

Don't get me wrong, I too disliked Leeds with a passion. Nevertheless Bremner and Hunter played for Scotland and England respectively and I named them as players who tackled hard, as I'm sure you could appreciate without necessarily admiring.

ajsccfc

Rugby may have more of a reputation of 'respect', but then you don't often see thumbs going up anuses in football so it evens out somewhat.

BurbageSkyBlues

Rugby may have more of a reputation of 'respect', but then you don't often see thumbs going up anuses in football so it evens out somewhat.

Ah, yes......have yet to witness that yet, but I have seen lots of pretty footballers kissing each other after a goal.....perhaps that is what is meant by 'scoring' ....

Back of the net....bum bum...!

FRY-CCFC

Ah, yes......have yet to witness that yet, but I have seen lots of pretty footballers kissing each other after a goal.....perhaps that is what is meant by 'scoring' ....

Back of the net....bum bum...!
Hey I think we'd all do that, especially if you scored and had a goal bonus like djbrill cisse

torchomatic

Rugby's crap though, isn't it?

ajsccfc

Arguments about footballers diving are all well and good, but until they also start using fake blood capsules to really sell pain there's not really a deception high horse that rugby can climb up.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How about a special mention for the Rugby Lions too; rebuilding after bankruptcy following some crazy decisions being made? New backers and starting next Saturday. It's where I'll be spending my Saturdays for the foreseeable

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Arguments about footballers diving are all well and good, but until they also start using fake blood capsules to really sell pain there's not really a deception high horse that rugby can climb up.

That was very much a one off, whereas diving and simulation are, alas, widespread in modern football. Rugby is primarily played hard and fair

Ashdown1

Good win for Cov rugby yesterday, I'll shall be down to the BPA without doubt a few times this season. Does anyone know if under 16's still go free?

duffer

Rugby's crap though, isn't it?

Which is akin to me saying your taste in music is shite. Frankly, it's a daft comment.

Each to their own, I guess. I like both games, personally, but to suggest rugby players are gay is kind of a pathetic slur. Research seems to suggest that people who have a problem with homosexuals often haven't come to terms with their own issues. (It's the 21st century guys, don't get angry with yourself and everyone else, come on out and celebrate who you are!). ;)

Anyway, even if some of them are gay and that kind of thing worries you, I'd guess your average gay rugby player is likely to be a fair bit harder than your average spit-roasting, woman-beating footballer. It's a game where you have to put your body on the line, and keep your emotions in control - most modern footballers seem to struggle with that concept.

The BPA is a good day out, but to be honest it's clearly not for everyone. Feel free to stay away whilst the rest of us enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread