Coventry Sphinx? (1 Viewer)

Fluffsta

Just thinking what to do on Saturdays as I will no longer be following CCFC until this total shambles ends (if it does). One thing I plan to do is attend some Coventry Sphinx home games. I am sure they could do with the revenue.

What will you get up to on Saturday's now? Any ideas or plans?

ajsccfc

It would be nice if people put their efforts into supporting Sphinx. Not sure I could get into it, but hats off to those that do.

Otis

I know people have talked about new clubs (Coventry United) and Nuneaton coming here and other sporting teams playing at the Rioch etc.

But surely wouldn't it be better if it were Cov Sphinx who were the team to follow and them to move to the Ricoh rather than talking in terms of a completely new team playing there?

I know this is all conjecture and financially it doesn't make sense, but I am merely talking in terms supporting another city team at the higest level. That would be Sphinx wouldn't it?

Could they feasibly grow and end up at the Ricoh one day if CCFC stay away for many years down the line?

skybluesam66

probably go to the boro now and again - cant even be bothered with away games

supporter for 40 years
1000+ games

bigfatronssba

Football is a disgusting game praying on supporters loyalty, ready to throw it back in their face at the drop of a hat. I'm through with the game, at club level, or international.

Just a way of conning hard working people out of their money to give chavs with slight ability to live a life the rest of us can dream of.

Sisu maybe be the enemy, but the football league are just as bad.

Fluffsta

I am just thinking. If say 500 Cov fans people supported Spinx at home games this season it surely would give the club finances to storm the league they are in. I know they are in the 9th league though.

carlh25

What about Leamington as an alternative they are in the Conf North now and would welcome the support. Facing Stockport County this season. First friendly is v Leicester at home.

Otis

But if I can travel to Leamington I can travel to Northampton can't I?

Fine for anyone over that way, but thought the main argument was that of a Coventry side playing in Coventry. If that's not to be the City then if anyone, it needs to be another team in Coventry.

carlh25

Leamington is a 15min trip down the road. But yeah fair enough Coventry sphinx are the most local although 3 leagues below leam.

WestEndAgro

Spinx is the only realistic option, already play in Sky Blue and really could do well with increased revenue, but they don't own their own ground, can't see that being a problem though.....................oh hang on a minute !

ajsccfc

Hold on. Patrick Suffo's played and lived in glamorous places like Barcelona, Nantes, Sheffield and Dubai, yet he's chosen to stay here long-term?

procdoc

Hold on. Patrick Suffo's played and lived in glamorous places like Barcelona, Nantes, Sheffield and Dubai, yet he's chosen to stay here long-term?

Suffo played for my Sunday league team the season before last, he is settled in Coventry nowadays. He's a top bloke

Tad

You could always try other sports.

gazzo117

Only been to Sphinx once. A wall collapsed in front of me celebrating a Bedworth goal. Could of lost my leg

Just thinking what to do on Saturdays as I will no longer be following CCFC until this total shambles ends (if it does). One thing I plan to do is attend some Coventry Sphinx home games. I am sure they could do with the revenue.

What will you get up to on Saturday's now? Any ideas or plans?

same for me with Cov Sphinx - been there many times - great set up apart from ground which has prevented at least one promotion push a couple of seasons ago due to 'elf 'n' safety reasons

Sphinx are totally unpaid but play with heart and conviction AND a fair bit of footy skill that is good to watch.

procdoc

Only been to Sphinx once. A wall collapsed in front of me celebrating a Bedworth goal. Could of lost my leg

I was out with you that day pal, was well funny when the wall collapsed and broke Perry Mannings' leg! He even posed for photographs as he was lifted into the ambulance

ajsccfc

It's like when Neville Southall was on that Soccer Aid thing. Big as a house now, but the gloves go on and he's got the reactions of a cat still.

bigfatronssba

Coventry Blaze will now be the biggest (in terms of fanbase) sports club in Coventry & Warwickshire.

Just wish they would have more of their games on a Saturday night!

gazzo117

I was out with you that day pal, was well funny when the wall collapsed and broke Perry Mannings' leg! He even posed for photographs as he was lifted into the ambulance
"Shall we build a wall for you??" Was sang for the rest of the game if I remember rightly

Tad

Coventry Blaze will now be the biggest (in terms of fanbase) sports club in Coventry & Warwickshire.

Just wish they would have more of their games on a Saturday night!

Here's the fixtures list if it helps: http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/index.php/fixtures/fixtures-2/range.listevents/-

bigfatronssba

<p>
Here's the fixtures list if it helps: http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/index.php/fixtures/fixtures-2/range.listevents/-

It will certainly become my main sport this year, just prefer the Saturday night games due to the alcohol effect!

Diehard Si

I'm feeling a little lost. Sphinx is a possibility certainly.

I think football as a business is just terrible tho. I'd like to go watch more rugby but Cov rugby club are like the City of that sport too. Rugby is at least a proper sport, where tradition and values rank above money. Where players respect the refs and fans arnt idiotic kids.

I'm more likely to go to Northampton to watch the Saints play than the city.

Snozz_is_god

Support Coventry Sphinx, their ground is in Coventry, they play in sky blue, several decent pubs near by, decent team and if you squint and you would think it was the City.

team.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread