Coventry story on radio in Brighton (1 Viewer)

Rob S

The one thing that would be incredibly helpful would be to explain in full how your group started (beyond you saying you got a phone call) - there is obviously a story before you got the call. It would certainly help counter what people like Shmmeee have posted

There is indeed a story which I'm happy to tell although I'm off to a meeting so it will have to wait a little while. I'll assume you'd be happy for me to reproduce the email conversation you had with Cossy prior to my involvement as it is a key part of the story?

torchomatic

Yes, it was. It was Michael who starting playing "I've got the biggest cock" and asking questions of other organisations. He was stating that 88% agreed with his backers' offer for the Ricoh, I was simply asking "What was the offer, Michael? What were the 88% agreeing with you about?"

I'm not belittling him or discrediting him. You're doing a great job of stirring things up though with your "angry man" act. Carry on.

Was you're question relevent to either the context of this thread or our current situation given that we are infact back at the Ricoh? No!

Nick

Administrator
Yes, it was. It was Michael who starting playing "I've got the biggest cock" and asking questions of other organisations. He was stating that 88% agreed with his backers' offer for the Ricoh, I was simply stating "What was the offer, Michael? What were the 88% agreeing with you about".

I'm not belittling him or discrediting him.

I guess that other people see that as slagging him off just shows what they think of the offer to see that question as offensive.

skybluetony176

Yes, it was. It was Michael who starting playing "I've got the biggest cock" and asking questions of other organisations. He was stating that 88% agreed with his backers' offer for the Ricoh, I was simply asking "What was the offer, Michael? What were the 88% agreeing with you about?"

I'm not belittling him or discrediting him. You're doing a great job of stirring things up though with your "angry man" act. Carry on.

As you've avoided the bulk of my post i guess that means you did sweet FA to aid our return. Good job there was others willing to make the effort on your behalf.

Nick

Administrator
Do you think you and the rest of your belivers will ever get round to thanking Micheal for his campaign while we were being kept captive in Northampton?

Believers? Jesus Christ. Have you read your own posts?

If you can prove to me it was KCIC that brought us home I would happily say thankyou. As I said at the time of the rent offer if this brought us home.

torchomatic

At the time Michael refused to answer and we had the same accusations then of "why are you slagging him off? What have you done?, etc etc"

I just find it bizarre that anyone would just blindly agree with everything he says and with his offer without knowing even the scantest detail.

I guess that other people see that as slagging him off just shows what they think of the offer to see that question as offensive.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Believers? Jesus Christ. Have you read your own posts?

If you can prove to me it was KCIC that brought us home I would happily say thankyou. As I said at the time of the rent offer if this brought us home.

Why would it be one single act that brought us home? It was a collective. A collective by all accounts you were'nt part off. You should be man enough to thank him for his effort as part off that collective. Presumably you never buy a poppy because no one has ever proved which soilder won WW2?

torchomatic

I think there's something wrong with you.

Why would it be one single act that brought us home? It was a collective. A collective by all accounts you were'nt part off. You should be man enough to thank him for his effort as part off that collective. Presumably you never buy a poppy because no one has ever proved which soilder won WW2?

Nick

Administrator

I always buy a poppy :)

How do you know who was and wasn't part of anything? How do you know what I did or didn't to?

You cry like a bitch because somebody asks Michael a simple question (saying they are slagging him off) yet aren't shy of throwing shit around. Genius, it really is.

It would be good to get outside fans feedback on threads like these.

Grendel

So now Michael is compared to troops who lost their lives to fight oppression?

Are you having a breakdown? Get the meds out and have a lie down.

skybluetony176

So now Michael is compared to troops who lost their lives to fight oppression?

Are you having a breakdown? Get the meds out and have a lie down.

You've made that comparison yourself. It was an example of Nicks logic (or lack thereof) he was demonstrating.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Where does this figure of 88% of fans agreeing with the Kcic "offer" ???

Most city fans I know had similar thoughts to me on the subject......and they would certainly not have been included in this 88% ......

Grendel

Are you making more stuff up?

I think a nerve has been touched. Tony hasn't seen the recent kcic newsletter saying we are back at the Ricoh.

That's surely the only explanation for his continued boycott.

covmark

Have I entered some strange timewarp. I seem to have gone back about 4 months.
Why don't Michael and Rob just come together to create Get Cov Back and keep cov in cov at the Ricoh.

Or just arrange a meet down the 'Sheaf. See who has the best supporters group, once and for all.

Nick

Administrator
You've made that comparison yourself. It was an example of Nicks logic (or lack thereof) he was demonstrating.

Yet when anybody ask him a question after he comes on throwing shit around his puppets jump in like rabid guard dogs while he does one claiming abuse because somebody dared to ask a simple question about something Michael HIMSELF brought up while willy waving.

I said many times Michael put a lot of effort in, not that I always agreed with the methods but the enthusiasm, passion etc was always there. I have never ever doubted the commitment, just some of the methods. I also think other people do a good job of making him look bad sometimes, your reaction to somebody asking him about the "offer" pretty much sums it up.

Grendel

Yet when anybody ask him a question after he comes on throwing shit around his puppets jump in like rabid guard dogs while he does one claiming abuse because somebody dared to ask a simple question about something Michael HIMSELF brought up while willy waving.

I said many times Michael put a lot of effort in, not that I always agreed with the methods but the enthusiasm, passion etc was always there. I have never ever doubted the commitment, just some of the methods. I also think other people do a good job of making him look bad sometimes, your reaction to somebody asking him about the "offer" pretty much sums it up.

To be fair Tony strikes me as more like his pet poodle than a guard dog.

Nick

Administrator
Have I entered some strange timewarp. I seem to have gone back about 4 months.
Why don't Michael and Rob just come together to create Get Cov Back and keep cov in cov at the Ricoh.

Or just arrange a meet down the 'Sheaf. See who has the best supporters group, once and for all.

Exactly, everybody is on the same side. All city supporters, Michael does seem to have a bit of hate though judging by the posts in this thread.

L

limoncello

There's something wrong with me because I have the decency to thank people for doing something with the aim of benefiting me?

Sounds more likely that there's something wrong with you.

Surely Rob S's campaign was aiming to benefit us all too? Getting Cov Back to The Ricoh and all that.

skybluetony176

I think a nerve has been touched. Tony hasn't seen the recent kcic newsletter saying we are back at the Ricoh.

That's surely the only explanation for his continued boycott.

Only missed the last game so far. I had family visiting from overseas. Is that OK with you or should I have asked permission from you in writing first to keep my Grendulls approved fans badge?

skybluetony176

Surely Rob S's campaign was aiming to benefit us all too? Getting Cov Back to The Ricoh and all that.

Which I was also 100% behind also. You can ask Rob yourself if you like.

In fact if you look at the thread about the council elections results when people started laughing and pointing fingers I think I was the first to stand up for the result and kept answering the critics throughout the thread with support.

Last edited:

TLO

It would be good to get outside fans feedback on threads like these.

We have these kinds of silly arguments on the Brighton equivalent of SBT - we can it a 'binfest'. (Type 'binfest' into Google).

I'm still none the wiser as to the route ALL Coventry fans should take, but I would say that there is some amusing petulance on here. I'm sure skybluetony176 may have a valid point to make, but it has got lost by the fact he's also creating his own little alternate fantasy every time he's challenged on something. Again, I can think of one or two posters on North Stand Chat that this would relate to.

I would say I'm sorry for lobbing this Forum Grenade upon you, but it is mildly entertaining. There is still the Chris Cattlin interview on our same website if anyone wants to listen in. He doesn't say particularly gracious things about Mick Ferguson's time at Brighton.

Anyhoo, just ignore me, I'm going to sit back and watch the spectacle unravel. Pringle or Monster Munch, anyone?

fernandopartridge

[cringe]

L

limoncello

I bet Michael's frantically working on another mailout as we speak. 74% of fans love them.

chiefdave

Reading this thread is giving me a headache.

Think I might start my own I don't give a toss about all the other groups group.

Users who are viewing this thread