Coventry Strikers (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Giving my age away for me Bobby Gould,Terry Bly and the "Hud" for WBA got the best of Regis. People will say"Bobby Gould" but for being prolific in my time those 3 have been.The skill difference between Gould and the "Hud "was chalk and cheese but they both scored regularly.Terry Bly 25 in 32 games takes some beating.

Grendel

Doesn't get enough credit for his 'I love Jesus t shirt' long before Juan Sara rocked up with his'Jesus loves you' pale imitation.

That was the only memorable thing - what an awful player

Grendel

Dublin was a far better player than Vik.

Keane scored in the first two away games he played in then never scored another all season

shmmeee

If you watch his goals video, he was played a lot more as a striker than people realise.

Loved him. Would be so great to see the electricity he bought again.

Id call Nuddy a “forward” in that he’s just a really talented player who can play anywhere in the final third. I’d have him on the wing or a front three if your OP had allowed that.

clint van damme

In my time it's got to be Dublin and keane

I saw Regis, Ferguson, Wallace and Gibson (Terry not Ian).
If you're going for a big man, little man combo then I think Dion is a no brainer.
The little man is a bit more problematic. I think Keane is probably the best player of the 3, but he was only here for less than a season.
Gibson did it over several seasons, (as didWallace), in poorer sides and played a massive part in keeping us in the division, he also had a slightly better goal ratio than Wallace, so I think I'll go Gibson to partner Dion.

Grendel

Oh thanks for clarifying that the question wasn't 'which are the two best players?' 👍🏻

So you wouldn’t start your best players - that makes sense

PVA

So you wouldn’t start your best players - that makes sense

I don't know why you and Sick Boy are getting so wound up about a hypothetical question.

I think Gyokeres and Keane would be great to watch, that's all there is to it. It's a bit of fun (not that you'd know what that is).

If the question was who are the two best players, my answer would not be Keane and Gyokeres. Happy?

Grendel

I don't know why you and Sick Boy are getting so wound up about a hypothetical question.

I think Gyokeres and Keane would be great to watch, that's all there is to it. It's a bit of fun (not that you'd know what that is).

If the question was who are the two best players, my answer would not be Keane and Gyokeres. Happy?

Who would it be?

Josh Mcquod and Roy O Donovan?

PVA

His failure to score more than two away goals for us why things never worked out for him at Inter Milan imo

A few more away goals that season and he would have surely managed better than a frankly embarrassing 17th on the all time PL scorers list ☹️

Grendel

His failure to score more than two away goals for us why things never worked out for him at Inter Milan imo

This was actually a comment about how his form mirrored our whole season more than anything else

blunted

Difficult, almost impossible many on here never saw the likes of George Hudson along with Ndlovu the most skilful and scored all types of goals, Colin Stein not on the list great all round centre-forward, then there’s Dion a talisman striker and leader, Robbie Keane brilliant for 12 months but then it was only 12 months his best years were elsewhere. Wallace and Ferguson the ultimate little and large combination and of course big Cyrille but as a lover of skilful players that get you off your seat and a bit of nostalgia the thought of George Hudson and Peter Ndlovu together gives me goose bumps.
George Hudson was incredibly skillfull but only really played in the top division with Northampton. Too slow for the top division and whist he scored the best ever goal for the City, I fear his ability to cut it at the top level is overrated. Ndlovu was class but was poorly treated by Atkinson who did the same with Cunningham at West Brom. It was Stein who one commentator said could not trap a bag of cement. Regis at West Brom was the best centre forward in the top division. After his conversion to christianity he was class for us but less so than at West Brom. I have beef with Dublin about how he left but was our best centre forward. Gallacher was awesome but again Blackburn had his best years. Keane was here for too short a time but had a good career afterwards. Bellamy had one of the best careers when he left but was a bit of a tosspot so has to be discounted. Dublin and Gallacher for me

Cov kid 55

Yok has to be up there
Gyokeres is doing well, but has a long way to go to match our best. Two more to think about, Bobby Gould scored a goal every other game for us in the mid sixties, including 25 goals in our 2nd division championship season, and Neil Martin, a tremendous header of the ball, with a decent goal scoring record.

Users who are viewing this thread