Coventry transfer deadline day (1 Viewer)

steve82

I don't understand how Robins didn't put Ponticelli in the team until he'd signed a new contract but chucked Bayliss straight in. His performances now mean we're likely to lose him in the summer.

I think it was a gamble that paid off on the pitch but could backfire massively off the pitch.

He can command a much better deal than he could the start of December

steve82

Give him whatever he wants, the kid is an unbelievable talent.

Within reason... tho I agree to try and do the best possible sensible deal.

The kids class without a doubt from what we've seen.

His run in the second half for example ran into a dead end after a taking it past a few players. Then a quick turn and he was in the box. Didn't come to anything but he turned a dead end into something.

Special player, plenty to learn still tho and he will do just that alongside Doyle.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't understand how Robins didn't put Ponticelli in the team until he'd signed a new contract but chucked Bayliss straight in. His performances now mean we're likely to lose him in the summer.

From what I have seen of Ponticelli’s cameos in the first team, he wants to run around a lot and make things happen rather than stick to his position. Maybe a little too eager to impress

Bayliss just plays his usual game and looks more calmer on the pitch.

Still believe Ponticelli will impact the first team in the next year though. Have to remember he’s only been in the system for a year and a half so still learning whilst Bayliss has been through the age groups. He was unlucky not to score against Exeter, would have been good for him to get his first league goal

better days

It's much easier to please fans in midfield than up front
Bayliss is doing great but so were McNulty and Biamou in earlier games but until they started scoring they were crap in many contributors eyes
It's all changed now for those two as it will for Ponti when he knocks a few important goals in

Mucca Mad Boys

It's much easier to please fans in midfield than up front
Bayliss is doing great but so were McNulty and Biamou in earlier games but until they started scoring they were crap in many contributors eyes
It's all changed now for those two as it will for Ponti when he knocks a few important goals in

Agreed. Take a game like Chesterfield away, even from the highlights, he dominated the game. But, he just had no luck that. Fast forward to last night and the few games before, he’s being a dominant player for us. I think he could’ve been as good as he is now, with Jones in the team and frankly, I think we’d be unstoppable.

RoboCCFC90

12:39 update;

Close to signing Facken No-One..

wingy

Back to that point about going against other coaches, or the boardroom or both,or the coaches saw the dilemna you have ?

RoboCCFC90

A name on Twitter that has popped up is Corey Whitely.

63 appearances at Dagenham - 23 goals and 9 assists....

Out of contract this summer, allegedly of interest to Mark Robins...

Captain Dart

Kyle Reid has been snubbed by Colchester according to Cov Tel, tryng to find an alternative club to go out on loan to.

Londonccfcfan

From what I have seen of Ponticelli’s cameos in the first team, he wants to run around a lot and make things happen rather than stick to his position. Maybe a little too eager to impress

Bayliss just plays his usual game and looks more calmer on the pitch.

Still believe Ponticelli will impact the first team in the next year though. Have to remember he’s only been in the system for a year and a half so still learning whilst Bayliss has been through the age groups. He was unlucky not to score against Exeter, would have been good for him to get his first league goal
Jp wil come good hes a natural goalscorer and that instinct cannot be taught. Just needs to learn to keep the ball upfront.

His last kick in a league game this year he almost scored and created a goalscpring opportunity out of nothing vs Exeter when he hit the crossbar.

His time will definitely come. Just has to be patiant.

RoboCCFC90

The Telegraph are now reporting;

I understand that as well as closing in on an experienced striker, Sky Blues boss Mark Robins is also lining up another loan deal from a more high profile club.

That appears to be the plan for the day, while it is expected that Ben Stevenson will be sold to Wolves and Kyel Reid farmed out on loan.

steve82

My research shows 67 appearances for Dag & Red in all competitions with 24 goals 9 assist

15 league goals in 16/17 season in 37 appearances

8 league goals in 26 appearances this season tho not scored since 16th September tho. Started the season on fire.

Left winger but can play anywhere in the 3 behind a striker, 26 years old.

late developer it seems.

Liquid Gold

The Telegraph are now reporting;

I understand that as well as closing in on an experienced striker, Sky Blues boss Mark Robins is also lining up another loan deal from a more high profile club.

That appears to be the plan for the day, while it is expected that Ben Stevenson will be sold to Wolves and Kyel Reid farmed out on loan.
Farmed, Norwich. Called it.

RoboCCFC90

My research shows 67 appearances for Dag & Red in all competitions with 24 goals 9 assist

15 league goals in 16/17 season in 37 appearances

8 league goals in 26 appearances this season tho not scored since 16th September tho. Started the season on fire.

Left winger but can play anywhere in the 3 behind a striker, 26 years old.

late developer it seems.

Not bad stats overall IMO

Happy_Martian

I read the same tweets. Though comments like "He's like a young Carl Baker" could be taken any which way :)

Liquid Gold

If they don't have a team, just tell Kyel Reid that they do.
Tell him everyone gets a free range rover and they'll put him on a billboard and give him a massive key to the city and can be lord mayor and anything he wants just please make him go.

Otis

Tell him everyone gets a free range rover and they'll put him on a billboard and give him a massive key to the city and can be lord mayor and anything he wants just please make him go.
Yeah. Make him lord mayor of a town that doesn't exist, or send him to a place with a very poor WiFi and where the signal keeps dropping out.

When he argues they can just say to him 'well you turn it on and off when you want to.'

Captain Dart

better days

Hmmm.......
Dagges fans rate him
I wonder if there is a chance of Reid going in the other direction?

AFCCOVENTRY

CT suggesting the striker coming in will be on loan and a younger attacking player from a big club will be on loan as well.

Stevenson deal to Wolves is still likely. Probably means it is Seedorf that is the young attacking player then.

Otis

CT suggesting the striker coming in will be on loan and a younger attacking player from a big club will be on loan as well.

Stevenson deal to Wolves is still likely. Probably means it is Seedorf that is the young attacking player then.
Also a loan?

Winny the Bish

Yep, posted they would like to see Seedorf and it's gone from there
Ha, I posted last night in the Stevenson thread saying

"Wouldn't be too upset if they threw Sherwin Seedorf - Clarence's boy - in on loan as part of a deal. Pacey winger with 3 goals and 3 assists in 10 U23s PL games."

And that's turned into people claiming that he's coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread