Match Thread Coventry v Brighton U21 Match Thread - Tuesday 10th Jan (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue 1987

Saying the players are starting to trust each other, but more work to be done, that there will be more transfer activity and that every player has a value and clubs can't just come in thinking they can nick players, more was said but I only caught bits of it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Er.... can I appear a bit fick and ask what game it was this evening? What is the Wembley connection? Was it the Paint pot Trophy or summat? Sorry lads, living down here, the news is a bit slow getting through. :confused:

Nick

Administrator
What was said?
Heard bits, said flair players did well and he's working on them to do the other bits. Bread and butter players were great.

Stokes had a tight groin I think he said.

Good momentum.

Always planned for beavon to come off.

Talked about playing it forward, if they can't then give it to somebody who can

Sky Blue Harry H

Er.... can I appear a bit fick and ask what game it was this evening? What is the Wembley connection? Was it the Paint pot Trophy or summat? Sorry lads, living down here, the news is a bit slow getting through. :confused:

Through to the last 8 of the Checktrade Houch. Don't get too excited (keep your ticker staying nice and even !) Hope you are well mate. PUSB

Covstu

Good solid performance tonight albeit it had the feel of a reserve game. Played some positive stuff and for me results like this breed much needed confidence in the team, manager and fans. Bring on Saturday

Otis

So so left in ....

Swansea U23's
Luton
Mansfield
City
Bradford/Cheltenham (Bradford would be very tough)
Wycombe
Yeovil
Oxford

Otis

Ghadzev just seems to be here for an easy pay day. Bigi was very hit and miss, as was Lameiras, though it was one of his better games. Not sure that says that much.

Thought Jones was a constant threat, Beavon excellent and Thomas outstanding. Really looked the part today.

Harries was very calm, Stokes very solid and Dame Kelly-Evans had a good game at right back. Haynes was good coming forwards too.

Very good performance against a young, weak Brighton side.

Mcbean

Yes smack on Otis - Ghadzev needs to be Gonezev - good allround performance , Beavon a constant thorn - confidence maker for all the others - yes they were not up to much but who cares watching city win has even put the wife in a good mood - my luck could be in tonight -

Ian1779

Ideally want Bradford to lose next week - or failing that a Bradford v Oxford QF.

mark82

I want Swansea U23s. Would just like to banish the remaining U23 side from the competition.

Last thing you want is to end up with a final against an U23 side.

Nick

Administrator
Gadzev was awful as was Bigi tonight, thankfully all of our decent play went through the wide channels.

Otis

Gadzev was awful as was Bigi tonight, thankfully all of our decent play went through the wide channels.
I didn't think Bigi was that bad, well certainly not as bad as Ghadzev. Bigi did have a poor game, but Ghadzev was abysmal.

A totally pointless player who offers nothing at all. Get rid asap.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't think Bigi was that bad, well certainly not as bad as Ghadzev. Bigi did have a poor game, but Ghadzev was abysmal.

A totally pointless player who offers nothing at all. Get rid asap.

Bigi didn't do anything, his passing was awful the same as Vlad's was. Their big holding midfielder was quite good as well.

We were effective when we used the flanks or just cut out the midfield and played it straight to Beavon.

Otis

Bigi didn't do anything, his passing was awful the same as Vlad's was. Their big holding midfielder was quite good as well.

We were effective when we used the flanks or just cut out the midfield and played it straight to Beavon.
To be fair to him he hit two cracking shots and did put in a couple of good tackles.

That would make him at last ten times better than Ghadzev.

But still poor.

Users who are viewing this thread