Coventry vs Everton (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Well it is Marcus Hall's testimonial so you never know what is going to happen, does anybody remember Dave Bussts when he came on in the last minute to take a penalty?

Chris Coleman is definitely without Curtis Wynter,David Bell, Elliott Ward and James McPake. Sammy Clingan should make his home debut after featuring against Dunfermline on Wednesday night and Marcus Hall should be back to play.

City's last home game against Everton was on January 20th 2001 and saw a 3-1 home defeat for the Sky Blues. This was less than a month after City had won 2-1 at Goodison on Boxing Day.
City have played Everton in 80 matches, winning 23 and drawing 20.

Place your bets on what you think the final score will be :)

simmouk

Administrator
It was a fairly decent result, I thought some fairly large patches of the game were a bit drab but the promise was there and we matched the Everton team put out there fairly well - and they had some of their "big" names playing too.

I missed the first 2 goals but caught the 2nd 2 - Everton's second was a corker! And Gunner's goal, which basically sort of just fell into the net, was a bit rubbish but they all count! Lets just hope the draw boosts the players to kicking off the season the right way with a win!

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I was quite happy with the game. Was expecting a bit of a thrashing, and with the singing of McIndoe i'm at least a little less pessimistic about next season.

Nick

Administrator
I think Everton were not at full pace most of the time as they were really laid back and keeping hold of the ball but when we went at them full force we showed glimpses of greatness! Like the leadup play to when Best missed that chance was quality!

simmouk

Administrator
I still think Everton put on a decent enough display and they didn't let us walk over them etc, which is good because it's always good to see how your team shapes up to "higher" opposition - although if we can hold them to a draw, why did we falter against Hartlepool?! lol.

The own disappointing thing from my point of view was the turn out of 9k fans - I think I read somewhere that one of the guys who was organising all the testemonial events said that they needed about 12,000 to break even etc - as all the money from the programmes went 50/50 to his foundation and the charity etc. But it was nice to see the Everton fans giving a round of applause to Marcus anyway and I think the whole day was most enjoyable! I shall be donating my wage from that game to the charity that Marcus supports too!

Users who are viewing this thread