Coventry vs Wolves (1 Viewer)

poshfan

Peterborough fan in peace :wave:

as our game this weekend was postponed me and a few mates thought we would come to your game with wolves as we hadnt been to the ricoh arena yet ( but i am looking forward to it next year)

first of all id like to thank everyone for being so friendly around the ground and who chatted to us inside the ground

we were sat behind the goal near the bottom with the home fans

i enjoyed my day at the ricoh arena and was very impressed with the style of football both wolves and yourselves played

it was intresting to see an ex posh player leon mckenzie play again and his ability to always get himself in the spot light with a few tackles which really got the crowd going and then the winning goal ...but he still strikes me as a very lazy player

id also like to say the atmosphere in the ground had alot of potential but when it started to get going at the back of the stand it sort of died out after a few lines of sky blue army and another song i could quite get my head around :D

thank you for a good day good luck for the rest of the season and i hope to be playing you next year in the championship:cool:

Nick

Administrator
I think McKenzie can look lazy sometimes but when he played on the left wing he tracked back and was quality there.

It was the first time he has been started up front for ages and I think he will be given a few more chances :)

Glad you enjoyed the Ricoh though :)

im-confused

Leon Mckenzie is one of those players who one minute looks like a star player, and the next minute looks like a donkey. I think he has learnt though with Coleman, he has to figh for his place. Which is never a bad thing.

simmouk

Administrator
Glad you enjoyed the game as much as we did mate! And the Ricoh as well! Did you have "fun" using the Cashless card system? (feel free to make the old "I thought Coventry had been cash less for years?!" joke - I do all the time!)

Did you catch sight of the Mad Hatters? They are the 3 guys who wear the same hats and scarves, each match, without fail! (they are the fans who the media always use to take pictures of haha) They are down behind the goal in that stand (if my memory serves me correctly!)

You picked a good game to watch anyway! If you'd been here the other week you may not have been so complementary (I wasn't!) but yesterday's game was the best one I've seen in a while at the Ricoh, it offered everything a football fan (well, Coventry fan) could want!

As for McKenzie, for me he has always been a good player but he's not always stand-out brilliant (I wouldn't describe him as lazy though hehe, the last player I actively called lazy was Boothroyd!) But yesterday was different and I was really impressed with him, and he took his goal well.

As for the chating, you are right, it can get going and build up a lot of momentum, but then peters out before it really gets chance. You also find that the two opposite ends of the stadium are the most vocal but tend to sing different songs or at different times (Telegraph stand where you were, and the other corner up by the away fans under the screen). When the whole stadium sings together though (as our song would suggest we do!) then it really is something special!
id also like to say the atmosphere in the ground had alot of potential but when it started to get going at the back of the stand it sort of died out after a few lines of sky blue army and another song i could quite get my head around
icon_e_biggrin.gif

thank you for a good day good luck for the rest of the season and i hope to be playing you next year in the champio

poshfan

Glad you enjoyed the game as much as we did mate! And the Ricoh as well! Did you have "fun" using the Cashless card system? (feel free to make the old "I thought Coventry had been cash less for years?!" joke - I do all the time!)

Did you catch sight of the Mad Hatters? They are the 3 guys who wear the same hats and scarves, each match, without fail! (they are the fans who the media always use to take pictures of haha) They are down behind the goal in that stand (if my memory serves me correctly!)

You picked a good game to watch anyway! If you'd been here the other week you may not have been so complementary (I wasn't!) but yesterday's game was the best one I've seen in a while at the Ricoh, it offered everything a football fan (well, Coventry fan) could want!

As for McKenzie, for me he has always been a good player but he's not always stand-out brilliant (I wouldn't describe him as lazy though hehe, the last player I actively called lazy was Boothroyd!) But yesterday was different and I was really impressed with him, and he took his goal well.

As for the chating, you are right, it can get going and build up a lot of momentum, but then peters out before it really gets chance. You also find that the two opposite ends of the stadium are the most vocal but tend to sing different songs or at different times (Telegraph stand where you were, and the other corner up by the away fans under the screen). When the whole stadium sings together though (as our song would suggest we do!) then it really is something special!
id also like to say the atmosphere in the ground had alot of potential but when it started to get going at the back of the stand it sort of died out after a few lines of sky blue army and another song i could quite get my head around :D

thank you for a good day good luck for the rest of the season and i hope to be playing you next year in the champio

im pretty sure i did see those fans very they were standing up away to my right :D

when one of the people tried to explain the cards at me (dying for a beer at this point) i just laughed at them not having a clue what to do

another thing whats the 'yam yam yam yam song' that one man near me didnt give up on all game :confused:

simmouk

Administrator
The Yam Yam song is...well...because Wovles are a load of Yam Yams! Its a Brummy thing...I think?! haha. I'm ashamed to say I don't ACTUALLY know!

Users who are viewing this thread