• Had it but deleted it a while back

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Had it but deleted it recently

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Never had it

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

LastGarrison

In light of the recent ‘pingdemic’ I know a fair few people who are just simply deleting the app and wondering whether this is a widespread thing?

SAJ

In light of the recent ‘pingdemic’ I know a fair few people who are just simply deleting the app and wondering whether this is a widespread thing?
Think it is, I know of several people now who’ve deleted it. One guy running his own business was pinged three times over a 3 week period so took the lft 24 hours after being pinged then went back to work. He’s also had COVID.

Marty

I've never installed it and I pretend to check in when visiting pubs and retraurants.

I know I'm not alone with this

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

It installed but turned it off and do the fake check in.

hill83

I've got it but can't remember the last time I checked in somewhere.

1nilandwe...

I had it back in the Eat Out to Help Out days, but it never worked properly. Crashed my phone, sapped the battery etc. Got rid of it.
Been checking in the old fashioned way wherever possible.

rob9872

I know someone who works front of house and he said many come in and look like they're scanning but just take a photo of it!

rob9872

I do however have the Cov-ID app, which is basically a photo of Sky Blue Sam insid the ring-road. You should always shove it in the face of of Scousers, Mancs and Cockneys to show you're better than them.

skybluetony176

The only person I know who got pinged by it was my wife who 100% hadn’t been in direct contact with anyone. Thinks it happened in Sainsbury’s car park when she left her phone in the car by accident. Opposite to that anyone I know who has had Covid and the app essentially done their own contact tracing and didn’t find anyone who they’d been in close contact with who got a ping from the app. It’s the biggest white elephant in the history of government. On that basis I removed it month’s ago.

rob9872

Hi Tony. It is possible to post without mentioning the Government. I know that will come as a great surprise to you, but I'd hate you to think it was part of the sign up rules.

shmmeee

Mate at work spoke to one of the developers of the app recently. They don’t have it installed because it’s shit apparently. Tells you all you need to know.

skybluetony176

Hi Tony. It is possible to post without mentioning the Government. I know that will come as a great surprise to you, but I'd hate you to think it was part of the sign up rules.

How can you talk about a government app without mentioning the government?

I had it when eat out to help out was a thing. I quickly realised the potential for something like the pingdemic and deleted it after two days.

stay_up_skyblues

Never had it or used it. Been asked to hold my camera up against the qr code things a few times when out and about so did just that and took a photo.

Sky Blue Pete

Friend works in statistics department of Warwick university. She showed me the difference the app makes to transmission of Covid and so I’ve always had it. She has written various peer reviewed papers about the trial on the Isle of Wight and how many lives were saved through its use. I’ve always checked In at pubs, restaurants, church and gym and also done the nhs volunteer responder role. Suppose I’m just lucky I’ve never been pinged

Sick Boy

Friend works in statistics department of Warwick university. She showed me the difference the app makes to transmission of Covid and so I’ve always had it. She has written various peer reviewed papers about the trial on the Isle of Wight and how many lives were saved through its use. I’ve always checked In at pubs, restaurants, church and gym and also done the nhs volunteer responder role. Suppose I’m just lucky I’ve never been pinged
Come on mate, why would you listen to her rather than the experts on here?

Sky Blue Pete

Come on mate, why would you listen to her rather than the experts on here?
I would add I’m not being virtuous just doing a tiny thing for the good of everyone and I think it’s time to change how it’s used for those double vaccinated and with use of lateral flow tests daily and masks and social distance

But things seem to be holding up ok

CCFCSteve

The app is obviously causing loads of issues and I understand why people are deleting it. I got pinged a few weeks ago and was told I had 6 days of the 10 day self isolation remaining. I did three lateral flows over the next four days and all were negative. So basically, a waste of time. I went out for some beers on day eight !

One word of support for the app though is at least it might trigger people to have a LF or two when they ordinarily wouldn’t.

I don’t trust the LFs 100% but they’re still a useful tool and came in handy earlier in the week when I went to visit my mum. I had a negative LF test the night before but then did another in my mums garden (demonstrating how to do one !) and it was positive so after trying one more, also positive, I promptly left. Next day I had a pcr which confirmed I had Covid.

Its each to their own but I keep the app on as advice/guidance. If you’re not using the app it’s worth considering doing some LFs now and then, especially during high transmission periods and/or if you’re going to be around people who are higher risk. It’s all we can really do

Sky Blue Pete

The app is obviously causing loads of issues and I understand why people are deleting it. I got pinged a few weeks ago and was told I had 6 days of the 10 day self isolation remaining. I did three lateral flows over the next four days and all were negative. So basically, a waste of time. I went out for some beers on day eight !

One word of support for the app though is at least it might trigger people to have a LF or two when they ordinarily wouldn’t.

I don’t trust the LFs 100% but they’re still a useful tool and came in handy earlier in the week when I went to visit my mum. I had a negative LF test the night before but then did another in my mums garden (demonstrating how to do one !) and it was positive so after trying one more, also positive, I promptly left. Next day I had a pcr which confirmed I had Covid.

Its each to their own but I keep the app on as advice/guidance. If you’re not using the app it’s worth considering doing some LFs now and then, especially during high transmission periods and/or if you’re going to be around people who are higher risk. It’s all we can really do
I think that’s reasonable and sensible. As has been said the app is not legally binding unlike TIT test isolate trace

Users who are viewing this thread