COVID pass (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I might waffle , but seriously , what happens after ? When they still refuse ? What then ?

Nobody has an answer, because there is no thought after the initial sentence of " you shall pay for the Consequences of your actions " is there ?

Nonsense soundbite , that's all it is

What would you expect to happen if someone refused to pay their rent and bills just because they didn't like or disagreed with the idea of doing so, even though they were in a position to do so? Do they just get let off to continue as normal, or do they 'suffer the consequences of their actions' with legal proceedings (often resulting in them being forcibly separated from everyone else for the 'good of society') and having assets seized to pay their debts?

And that hurts far fewer people than doing something that continually allows a deadly disease to keep a foothold in society and physically threaten lives.

We've become far too complacent. We've lost sight of those years when diseases like measles, TB, smallpox, flu etc ravaged society and killed millions and the only reason that has stopped is because of vaccines. If those people had said some of the nonsense about vaccines and refused to get vaccinated many of us on here wouldn't be alive because one or another of those diseases would've already wiped us out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But you can admit it may pose a staffing problem come march ?

And thus putting more strain on the NHS

Do the current vaccination requirements not also put a strain on staffing because you're reducing your potential workforce by automatically excluding people who would refuse those vaccinations?

chiefdave

No need to worry about that. Govt is making protesting illegal and will have a prison sentence attached, so they'll get a roof over their head and food that way.
Presumably doubled up with the new powers to strip citizenship anyone who protests can just have that removed and be kicked out the country - one way to sold the anti-vax problem I suppose ;)

Grendel

Oddly the only reason Covid passports will get passed through is Starmer is getting the party to vote for it even though he has said they don’t work

oakey

But what is the answer – one bed left in ICU, 2 patients needing that bed:

First patient is Colin 23 with the tin foil hat on who insists he only speaks Klingon, not vaccinated by choice and has been out and about as if no pandemic exists, thinks its all a conspiracy until now but blames Bill Gates for him being ill.

Patient number 2 is Maud, over 60 has an underlying condition so cannot be vaccinated, for most of the pandemic she’s been staying in, not seeing her family apart from through a window, lonely but trying to do the right thing by keeping herself safe and considering others as she knows not being vaccinated could make it easier to spread.

So the older lady who’s likely to die sooner due to age or Colin?
I choose team Maud

M&B Stand

What I'm thoroughly baffled at is the outrage from some. As it stands, there are no restrictions on actually doing anything, they just ask you to take some measures to help slow spread of a deadly virus. Coventry City fans facebook page is thoroughly depressing, a number of people saying how you just scan in your Covid LFT and say it's negative. I mean why the fuck wouldn't you just take the test at that point?!? Whatever your views of control, it's a special kind of person who wilfully inflicts an infectious disease with the potential to kill, whatever it is, on somebody else.

Thats quite a jump.
Not taking a test for a disease you have no symptoms for and 80% of the country have been vaccinated against…..isn’t wilfully infecting someone.

Grendel

speedie87

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong with covid pass?! I’ve had a month one before but just gone to do a new one and only getting 2 days.
had 3rd jab last week

Last edited:

Si80

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong with covid pass?! I’ve had a month one before but just gone to do a new one and only getting 2 days.
had 3rd jab last week
Have you recently had a negative PCR or Lat flow test result? If so then it only gives out a 48 hour pass according to the NHS website.

speedie87

Have you recently had a negative PCR or Lat flow test result? If so then it only gives out a 48 hour pass according to the NHS website.
No neither. Decided they have changed the passes so only get a 2 day one if you haven’t fully validated the nhs account with photo Id

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I do hope that certain loony people on here are not occupying a hospital bed .If and when any of my relations need 1 because saying i will not be too pleased would be an understatment.Please for the people who are vulnerable get the vacinations

100 miles from Cov.

I do hope that certain loony people on here are not occupying a hospital bed .If and when any of my relations need 1 because saying i will not be too pleased would be an understatment.Please for the people who are vulnerable get the vacinations
No. Won’t be too pleased?
Dont worry. The unvaccinated will not be able to use health care. Already happening in Australia. Welcome to the future.

shepardo01

Is the "covid pass" the qr code that you can access through your NHS app!?
If yes, this contains virtually no info apart from your name and when it expires......
Are stadium staff going to have a "scanning" facility that isn't just using their "mince pies"? (eyes!)

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

robbiekeane

Is the "covid pass" the qr code that you can access through your NHS app!?
If yes, this contains virtually no info apart from your name and when it expires......
Are stadium staff going to have a "scanning" facility that isn't just using their "mince pies"? (eyes!)
Yes there a verifier app

OffenhamSkyBlue

Can i just say (possibly not for the first time, for which my apologies) that this should NOT be a difficult system to use and embrace.
France have been using their "Pass Sanitaire" system successfully for months and having been fortunate (depending on your point of view!!) enough to go there twice in the past few months, it works well, there are no queues outside busy restaurants, etc, and it does provide you with a certain element of security in the knowledge that everyone in that venue is either vaccinated or has tested negative in the past two days (now ONE day).
The French are not known for their adherence to rules, but they have just given a Gallic shrug and said "c'est la vie" and got on with it. You rock up to the venue door, get your phone out and open the app, and the person on the door scans it with their verifier app (as robbie has said) and they get a "valide" or "non-valide" result instantly. Life goes on pretty much as normal.
It's great - just embrace it and do your tests (properly, mind) or get vaccinated.

Users who are viewing this thread