COVID pass (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I cannot understand how rude a lot of you are. Would you be happy for the vaccine free members of society to be excluded from society until they take an injection which currently has no long term health data for it?

I see, that is your objection. Clinical trials and 12 months’ worth of real world data says hello. As before, you have had a problem with vaccines from the start-don’t act like it’s just because of Omicron.

mr_monkey

Well, look at the state of it.

Normal people that would have usually regarded themselves as tolerant and liberal, taking the moral high ground in societal issues. Now the next set of restrictions are met with weak minded acceptance whilst pointing the finger at anyone else they can to make themselves feel better. This includes happily segregating part of the population and supporting extremely dangerous and totalitarian measures. It is almost funny but for the fact that is has been going on for so long, which in my view is also why many people have started to become desperate for a slight bit of hope that life can become normal, and will accept any move of the goal posts as long as that hope still hangs there.

The QR code thing is another one. People hide behind it. Look how Omicron variant got here; on flights where testing wasn´t required. Either police it all properly and have tight rules for everyone, or don´t bother. I don´t care, but this halfway thing is stupid, as is the sneering attitude of some.

I have said on here before that my wish is to get everyone vaccinated. People may then realise that this is never going to go away even when everyone is, and that a real plan B needs to start being thought about. If not we are still going to be here in another two years arguing about the same old shit and life will not have got back to normal.

It's very simple, you either follow the advice of trained experts in their field who say the best way to get back to normal is to get people vaccinated or you believe a meme that some bellend posts online... And if those people are segregated from society it's on their heads (and probably a good bit of natural selection if we are honest about it) if anything ay the moment we are being too soft and understanding on the people who choose not to have it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It won't go away. Either the impact of vaccines, the building up of natural immunity, and / or the weakening of the virus itself will result in 'normal', however you choose to define it.

There is historical precedent for that. Until, however, we aren't in danger of overwhelming our services, then we have to take measures. From a personal POV, I quite like maximising the chances of my nearest and dearest being around for years to come to enjoy said normal, too. If that means a remarkably small change in behaviours on my part for the sake of others, then that's not a big deal, really.

'Weak minded acceptance' is a loaded inflammatory remark btw.

I don't know how you can pick issue with an 'inflammatory comment', but think it is alright to segregate human beings based on medical treatment. That's why I call it weak minded.

I get that you and many other people want to feel safe and get their lives back, I do too, but this just isn't on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's very simple, you either follow the advice of trained experts in their field who say the best way to get back to normal is to get people vaccinated or you believe a meme that some bellend posts online... And if those people are segregated from society it's on their heads (and probably a good bit of natural selection if we are honest about it) if anything ay the moment we are being too soft and understanding on the people who choose not to have it

Sorry, but I didn't expect you to be someone who thinks it's ok to segregate people. I had a lot of time for you after your comment the other day, but this isn't right. I'm sorry.

mr_monkey

Sorry, but I didn't expect you to be someone who thinks it's ok to segregate people. I had a lot of time for you after your comment the other day, but this isn't right. I'm sorry.

So in your opinion it's right to pander to a bunch of people who are deliberately refusing the vaccine for no valid reason other than it makes them feel like they are special or "fighting the system"....

Their actions can directly have a negative impact on other people and it's all done without a shred of evidence, why should I put the health of my loved ones in jeopardy because some people are so fucking selfish and so eager to be different that they ignore the overmounting evidence that the vaccines is safe and vital to get us all back to some form of normality

I didn't choose to be gay, these people choose to be ignorant cunts that's the difference

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know how you can pick issue with an 'inflammatory comment', but think it is alright to segregate human beings based on medical treatment. That's why I call it weak minded.

I get that you and many other people want to feel safe and get their lives back, I do too, but this just isn't on.

On the contrary I find it almost offensive that some really quite pioneering science has been carried out in record time to deliver a relatively painless solution to a global problem, yet millions in this country turn up their noses at it while huge numbers in poorer countries want it, but can't have it.

The scientist in me is far more offended by the level of ignorance on display in this and other threads than anything else. So many unvaccinated is a risk to everyone who might want to use the NHS for something other than Covid, and ultimately could be a threat to the vaccinated if something with serious vaccine escape emerges. This risks becoming something of a medical necessity more than a matter of convenience.

mr_monkey

It's not based on medical treatment, it's based on personal choice based on utter fantasy

I suppose you think that people who choose to murder another human shouldnt be segregated away in prison then due to their choices

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's not based on medical treatment, it's based on personal choice based on utter fantasy

I suppose you think that people who choose to murder another human shouldnt be segregated away in prison then due to their choices

Jesus Christ.

Murdering someone and having a vaccine are hardly comparable.

chiefdave

Sorry, but I didn't expect you to be someone who thinks it's ok to segregate people.
There's millions of people in the UK segregated at the moment through no choice of their own as the medical advice given to them is to avoid places where unvaccinated people are likely to be present.

If you're against segregation how can you be OK with those people being segregated in order to allow those who choose not to take a vaccinate live a 'normal' life?

Finham

The anti vax group always have certain strategies

This is the latest - namely those getting vaccinated are the spreaders
It's amazing the crap they come up with. They're so desperate they'll believe anything but the truth it seems.

Sky Blue Pete

On the contrary I find it almost offensive that some really quite pioneering science has been carried out in record time to deliver a relatively painless solution to a global problem, yet millions in this country turn up their noses at it while huge numbers in poorer countries want it, but can't have it.

The scientist in me is far more offended by the level of ignorance on display in this and other threads than anything else. So many unvaccinated is a risk to everyone who might want to use the NHS for something other than Covid, and ultimately could be a threat to the vaccinated if something with serious vaccine escape emerges. This risks becoming something of a medical necessity more than a matter of convenience.
In lots of ways we are a scientifically backward nation

100 miles from Cov.

It's amazing the crap they come up with. They're so desperate they'll believe anything but the truth it seems.
What is the truth then? If it is so clear cut why has there been no national debate on tv with both sides represented. All we hear is trust the science. How about questioning the science? If this is a pandemic how comes the worlds population went up by 1% last year?

Finham

What is the truth then? If it is so clear cut why has there been no national debate on tv with both sides represented. All we hear is trust the science. How about questioning the science? If this is a pandemic how comes the worlds population went up by 1% last year?
Because there is a consensus that such blinkered unproven inaccuracies not be given airtime-not a conspiracy, just common sense. For the same reason that you don't see debates about racism or sexism or violence to others being fine on TV, yet social media is littered with it. It's a sanctuary for gutter opinions.

As for your other "points": Global Baby Drought of Covid-19 Crisis Risks Population Crunch

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The science is questioned. It's called peer review and is done in laboratories under strict conditions to ensure robust data rather than a TV studio with someone going on a hunch or something they read on Facebook. When it confirms the original findings there's no point taking it further. If one doesn't the outlier gets checked to make sure there aren't any faults etc in the process.

You do realise that people get born as well as die don't you? Due to education/religious and cultural beliefs/lack of access to contraceptives the developing nations (and some developed ones) have a lot of children. We used to have an infant mortality rate that was huge but the population still grew.

Evo1883

I'm very pro vaccine , had both and hoping for the booster ASAP .

I don't think I will ever be comfortable with mandatory jabs , what they going to do ? Pin them down ? Stop them buying food ? Stop them receiving medical treatment ? Stop them walking the street ?

Will never be for me .. the thought repulses me

My daughter doesn't want it , what am I to do ? Force her ? Never

100 miles from Cov.

I'm very pro vaccine , had both and hoping for the booster ASAP .

I don't think I will ever be comfortable with mandatory jabs , what they going to do ? Pin them down ? Stop them buying food ? Stop them receiving medical treatment ? Stop them walking the street ?

Will never be for me .. the thought repulses me

My daughter doesn't want it , what am I to do ? Force her ? Never
But what would happen if they did force injections which is already happening in Austria as of early next year? This is not going to end well.

Evo1883

But what would happen if they did force injections which is already happening in Austria as of early next year? This is not going to end well.
Nobody is forcing anything on anybody , I certainly wouldn't allow it , be a few cracked skulls if they forced something on my daughter that she didn't want

shmmeee

I cannot understand how rude a lot of you are. Would you be happy for the vaccine free members of society to be excluded from society until they take an injection which currently has no long term health data for it?

We’ve fully vaccinated over 3bn people. On what planet don’t we have health data you loon?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So what is your take on all this then?

The world have worked together incredibly hard and fast, investing incredibly large amounts of money, to develop a vaccine in quick time due to a very pressing need, both for health and economic reasons.

They could use an existing vaccine for another coronavirus strain as a basis speeding the process up and then prioritised it for testing and review. They almost certainly would have liked more time to assess overall long-term effects but a compromise between this and being able to begin to manage the virus and all the problems it brings with it had to be made.

Oh, and Bill Gates wanted a reason to put a microchip in all of us of course.

mr_monkey

Nobody is forcing anything on anybody , I certainly wouldn't allow it , be a few cracked skulls if they forced something on my daughter that she didn't want

Then they should accept the concequences of their actions and if they don't have a medical reason for not having it then they need to accept that it's their choice to ignore the medical expert's advice and accept what restrictions that brings to them choosing not to have it

Evo1883

Then they should accept the concequences of their actions and if they don't have a medical reason for not having it then they need to accept that it's their choice to ignore the medical advice and accept what restrictions that brings to them choosing not to have it

Cool story

FACT :

Britain won't let people starve ( IE no access to food )
Brits will have to pay the huge welfare costs that come with letting a few hundred thousands lose their jobs

And also no BRIT will ever be denied healthcare to the point they just die .

If you're for that , you're not the good guy believe me

This whole ( you will pay the price ) nonsense , comes with added different problems that we as a nation probably aren't prepared for , it's certainly not a healthy opinion

You can be the one that stops the riots too , I won't il be at home with a brew

Evo1883

You will pay the price
giphy.gif

mr_monkey

Cool story

FACT :

Britain won't let people starve ( IE no access to food )
Brits will have to pay the huge welfare costs that come with letting a few hundred thousands lose their jobs

And also no BRIT will ever be denied healthcare to the point they just die .

If you're for that , you're not the good guy believe me

Im for conquences of actions, you refuse the vaccine for bullshit reasons that is on you and you should be willing to face whatever that entails

Evo1883

Im for conquences of actions, you refuse the vaccine for bullshit reasons that is on you and you should be willing to face whatever that entails

They don't need to explain to anybody why they don't want the jab .

Let the government do as they please , but as I said , if you think people will just accept it ? Then I have news for you , many many vaccinated people too won't put up with extreme measures either

100 miles from Cov.

Then they should accept the concequences of their actions and if they don't have a medical reason for not having it then they need to accept that it's their choice to ignore the medical expert's advice and accept what restrictions that brings to them choosing not to have it
That is an awful response. If the vaccine works why does it matter if anyone around you hasn’t had it? So the unvaccinated should have to face restrictions in your eyes. Do you realise that for you to be vaccinated and keep your covid pass (which is the point of this thread btw) you will have to keep taking the next injection when instructed for the rest of your life. If you decide after say your 4th or 5th jab you have had enough you can come and live with us unvaccinated on the island we will all get sent to.

mr_monkey

That is an awful response. If the vaccine works why does it matter if anyone around you hasn’t had it? So the unvaccinated should have to face restrictions in your eyes. Do you realise that for you to be vaccinated and keep your covid pass (which is the point of this thread btw) you will have to keep taking the next injection when instructed for the rest of your life. If you decide after say your 4th or 5th jab you have had enough you can come and live with us unvaccinated on the island we will all get sent to.

Not as awful as not having the vaccine because you read a meme on Facebook 😂

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because unvaccinated people are more likely to need hospitalisation and medical attention, putting pressure on the health services and reducing the ability for it to provide treatment for other people, some of whom may have serious conditions.

To be honest this for me is the same as those that get tanked up/ fight on a night out or need help after shoving something up their arse. As much as the decent human being in me doesn't want to see them denied healthcare just letting them have free care for something self-inflicited and completely avoidable doesn't seem right. I bet people would be a lot more careful if they knew it'd end up costing them.

Users who are viewing this thread