Crawley Town Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

For me the result lies in the boss(es) and I think TM has the edge. Although I did like SP I am just thankful he is not our boss today.
This is not a game we must win, It's a game we mustn't lose. I think it's also good we are playing a team that must win because we can hit them on the break, so speed today is essential. I'm pleased we aren't playing a team with nothing to play for because then we are chasing the game. In this situation we have nothing to lose.
I think he will play Barton because he likes him. I think the team will be defensive but able to break and I think for Barton today's game is IT. TM's future is also on this game. If we go down he won't stay. If we win he will. Many players are playing for their futures not only in terms of what league but also with what manager. If we go down many may stay but if we stay up many will leave because they just don't have the attitude.
We won't lose today, because that is our objective. If we win it will be on the break. Can we defend? If it was SP then no. But under TM I think we will manage.

Prediction - 1-1 Stokes to score
Hmm, not at all convinced about that Barton argument to be honest.

Last week TM pulls Barton off at half time and after the game he said he learned a lot about certain players that day.

You would surely have to presume that Barton was one of those players he spoke of.

Otis

5th away clean sheet away on the bounce, 1-0 to us posh twit to score. I think he will start with Barton and have Maddison on the bench. I wouldn't play Odelusi as I think he's rubbish, so Nouble gets the nod there for being slightly less rubbish.
I don't rate Odelusi at all either, but he does have strength and pace, something very much lacking in Adam Barton.

phildownunder

Best of luck to the team and all the fans who`ve made the trip. Hope you have a great day.

Think we can get a result today.

simonregis

What's the need to be nervous Nick? It's not like we take football seriously. I mean who in their right mind would care about a poxy game of footie with a team struggling to hold their own in the third tier of football with an owner who is living in Noddy land and fans who watch the demolition of their old stadium 10 years ago? Serious? Nervous? Not a bittttt

Rusty Trombone

attachment.php

Actually, wouldn't mind this as our midfield today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 98

Otis

Anybody nervous?

Nope.

We'll see at 12.15 though. As I think we will lose anyway, I am not going to be FFS as the first Crawley goal goes in.

I will be though if Crewe and Notts County go a couple of goals up.

The Gentleman

Anybody nervous?

Why Nick, it's a football match. It helps knowing that we have a shit football team so expectations tend not to be too high. I think we'll stay up courtesy of other teams as we don't have the players to go out and win confidently. Even if we do get our noses in front, we've shown that keeping leads and holding out under pressure isn't our forte. Like I said, I think other teams who are just as bad as us will go down simply because they are below us.

LJC_CCFC

Have a feeling people will be very surprised by how dire Crawley are.

Hopefully we can play to our potential and be slightly less dire.

kg82

I've just put us to win in an accumulator... I never bet on us for the sole reason we never do what I want. I'm really sorry lads, this ones on me

Astute

Not nervous at all.....yet. Will be OK unless we go behind. Or the other results are going against us and we are still level. Each attack by them then would have me shitting myself.

Otis

Not nervous at all.....yet. Will be OK unless we go behind. Or the other results are going against us and we are still level. Each attack by them then would have me shitting myself.
Yeah same here I think.

If we are earning our draw and the other games are going against us, then I'm going to be having palpitations every time Crawley cross the half way line with the ball as the game nears its end.

Astute

Yeah same here I think.

If we are earning our draw and the other games are going against us, then I'm going to be having palpitations every time Crawley cross the half way line with the ball as the game nears its end.

That is when 5 minutes seems more like 5 hours

Nick

Administrator
Yeah same here I think.

Especially if it relies on Lee Burge.

(I am hoping if I hammer him, he will save a last minute penalty like when Jordan Clarke scored when I said he was having a shocker!!)

Great_Expectations

I have a feeling the way results will be going elsewhere, the last ten minutes of our game will be absolute backs to the wall defending, hanging on for a draw to keep us up.

Definite squeaky bum time.

Nick

Administrator
Just in the ground. Think phone knows how vital today is........and my battery is draining quicker than water goes down a down pipe! Do have my portable charger thingy so hopefully that actually works

Turn the bluetooth off!

SlowerThanPlatt

@Coventry_City: #CCFC team V @crawleytown Burge, Willis, Johnson, Martin, Stokes, Fleck, Ward, Barton, O'Brien (C), Proschwitz, Tudgay #PUSB #survivalsunday

shy_tall_knight

Agree with Willis in for Philipps, I thought Aaron struggled last week. As for dropping Nouble there is clearly some skill there but without application and enthusiasm it has been wasted for most of this season and probably his career.

Ashdown

@Coventry_City: #CCFC team V @crawleytown Burge, Willis, Johnson, Martin, Stokes, Fleck, Ward, Barton, O'Brien (C), Proschwitz, Tudgay #PUSB #survivalsunday

That really is a God awful team ! Crap keeper, only Johnson of any quality in defence, powder puff Midfield and heavily reliant on Tudgay up front !

Users who are viewing this thread