Creating noise at Wembley (1 Viewer)

CBS16

Love a wembley trip, however having been used to the corner at home or noisy away days I found myself really frustrated at the lack of cohesive songs vs Luton.. It's such a vast bowl and many of the people there don't usually sit in the noisy areas, so does anyone have ideas to get it going a bit better and more often this time? Be insane to have a proper twist n shout with 34000 in that end!

PVA

I think the problem is the vastness of it. So one section starts a song, and it begins to travel round the ground and gets all out of time the further it travels from the starting point.

I just don't think it's very conducive to loud (synchronised!) singing.

However the noise when Hamer scored was something else. Fuck that was loud.

CBS16

I think the problem is the vastness of it. So one section starts a song, and it begins to travel round the ground and gets all out of time the further it travels from the starting point.

I just don't think it's very conducive to loud (synchronised!) singing.

However the noise when Hamer scored was something else. Fuck that was loud.
I understand that, but footage of Liverpool v City in the semi final a few years ago and the Scouser end looks absolutely insane, they were all up for it. I think a lot of people just aren't as bothered about creating an atmosphere as those in the east stand/away games, they need to get up for it this time! Again twist n shout please, best song for when the chips are down which may be the case v man u

shmmeee

🤔

AI to the rescue:

“ This is an interesting problem! The main challenge, as you mentioned, is the delay caused by the speed of sound. Let's explore the math and see if we can find a solution.

Given:
- Wembley Stadium dimensions: Approximately 315 meters long and 256 meters wide
- Speed of sound: About 343 meters per second at 20°C (68°F)

Step 1: Calculate the maximum distance between fans in the stadium.
Using the Pythagorean theorem, the diagonal length of the stadium is:
Diagonal = √(length² + width²)
Diagonal = √(315² + 256²) ≈ 405 meters

Step 2: Calculate the time delay due to the speed of sound.
Time delay = Distance ÷ Speed of sound
Time delay = 405 meters ÷ 343 meters/second ≈ 1.18 seconds

This means that if fans on one end of the stadium start chanting, it will take about 1.18 seconds for the fans on the other end to hear it.

Synchronization solution:
One possible solution is to use a smartphone app that synchronizes using the stadium's Wi-Fi or cellular network. The app could:
1. Determine each phone's location within the stadium using GPS or other location services.
2. Calculate the distance from each phone to a central point, such as the center of the pitch.
3. Adjust the timing of the chant or song playback on each phone based on its distance from the central point, taking into account the speed of sound delay.

For example, phones farther away from the central point would start playing the chant slightly earlier than phones closer to the center. This way, the chants would reach the center of the stadium at the same time, creating a synchronized effect.

Challenges:
- Ensuring all fans have the app and can access the stadium's network
- Accurately determining each phone's location within the stadium
- Accounting for variations in sound speed due to temperature and humidity

In theory, synchronizing chants using technology is possible, but it would require significant coordination and development. Alternatively, you could use visual cues, like large screens or synchronized light displays, to help fans stay in time with each other.”

CBS16

🤔

AI to the rescue:

“ This is an interesting problem! The main challenge, as you mentioned, is the delay caused by the speed of sound. Let's explore the math and see if we can find a solution.

Given:

This means that if fans on one end of the stadium start chanting, it will take about 1.18 seconds for the fans on the other end to hear it.

One possible solution is to use a smartphone app that synchronizes using the stadium's Wi-Fi or cellular network. The app could:
1. Determine each phone's location within the stadium using GPS or other location services.
2. Calculate the distance from each phone to a central point, such as the center of the pitch.
3. Adjust the timing of the chant or song playback on each phone based on its distance from the central point, taking into account the speed of sound delay.

For example, phones farther away from the central point would start playing the chant slightly earlier than phones closer to the center. This way, the chants would reach the center of the stadium at the same time, creating a synchronized effect.

Challenges:

In theory, synchronizing chants using technology is possible, but it would require significant coordination and development. Alternatively, you could use visual cues, like large screens or synchronized light displays, to help fans stay in time with each other.”
See, it's simple !

McLovin87

🤔

AI to the rescue:

Given:

Challenges:

Yeah, Science Bitch!!

skybluericoh

🤔

What he said, but what if my phone goes flat? But please not the Synchronized light display be like a coldpay concert

Tommo1993

Think it struggled at Molineux because of the layout too.

But yeah, let’s not do PUSB to death.

ThievingScally

You can just sing "Sky Blue Army" relentlessly - to fill gaps between songs.

Not quite Twist & Shout - but very easy for everyone to get involved

TSx

Hobo

Wembley was created for vast revenue, not atmosphere. Semis shouldn’t even be there, can you imagine the amount of money they make with all the club Wembley and all the hospitality on top of everything else. The atmosphere would be deafening if we were at Old Trafford or Anfield.

It is you are right and that is why Semi Finals are now played there. The shoe on the other foot is if it was played somewhere else our ticket allocation would be even smaller than 34,000. There would still be corporate and hospitality wherever it was played.

skybluericoh

In ‘87 we had the kop Leeds had leppings lane. Can’t quite remember what the allocation was I think we had 27k they had 24k the rest was FA. Now you would be looking at low 20000s capacities are lower now post all seater.

hamertime

It is you are right and that is why Semi Finals are now played there. The shoe on the other foot is if it was played somewhere else our ticket allocation would be even smaller than 34,000. There would still be corporate and hospitality wherever it was played.
I do think it devalues of competition, id much rather be going to Anfield for the semi than Wembley.

Season ticket holders would still get a ticket wherever it was.

skybluericoh

Could King arrange for clappers of some sort? Perhaps part of a tifo.
No please not. Trying to create a false atmosphere just kills it once the game is going, look a festa, all them flags music and OTT stuff on screens. Once the game started nothing until they scored. Wolves was similar on sat imo not as bad as Leicester, but they probably don’t do it every game.

Macca1987

I didn't realise at Wolves on Saturday that they were holding up plastic bags until I saw it on the news, thought it was coloured card lol

Liquid Gold

It's just not that great for atmosphere cos it's so big. Same for England games.

Please just no plastic flags this year, way too Wasps at the PO final and contributed to our loss.

hamertime

It's just not that great for atmosphere cos it's so big. Same for England games.

Please just no plastic flags this year, way too Wasps at the PO final and contributed to our loss.
England games are terrible, I was at the Euros final and even that was terrible.

pusbccfc

I thought it was decent last year. The Hamer song after the goal was deafening.

The biggest issue is the top tier being sat down. I'd be livid if I was up there.

David O'Day

Get as may people from blocks 14-17 in to the blocks behind the goal in the bottom tier.
that didn't work last year, it's just so big that a) there are still loads of other people in the same blocks and b) there are so many other blocks it doesn't really matter,

it's sadly just not great for atmosphere

mmttww

You can just sing "Sky Blue Army" relentlessly - to fill gaps between songs.

Good shout; think we underuse this one. If we're flagging a bit, just rinse this, keep it going.

and it's the only 'chant' that would still sound good if you had two groups going out of sync!

shmmeee

We could only use chants that work in a round. Has anyone got anything good to the tune of “Row row row your boat” or “Three blind mice”?

San Francisco

People talk about Wembley acoustics but in the block I was sitting in during the PO final last year there were only a handful singing and making noise. 90% of our block were dead quiet until we scored then back to being quiet once the celebrations died down.

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

The only way would be songs and times for each song to be sung . And everyone to know or the majority of fans 80% to know . Remember take your watch !

CBS16

Agree with the singers corner going bottom tier, however last year I was in the bottom tier behind the goal, me and my mates were desperately tryna get the atmosphere going before extra time, we were getting funny looks from people! 90% don't bother singing unless it's after a goal, yes it was loud during the goals and before KO but genuinely think most people just can't be arsed to help get it going in the first place. None of that this time message needs to go out anyone with a voice left after the game gets their season ticket rescinded!

San Francisco

Agree with the singers corner going bottom tier, however last year I was in the bottom tier behind the goal, me and my mates were desperately tryna get the atmosphere going before extra time, we were getting funny looks from people! 90% don't bother singing unless it's after a goal, yes it was loud during the goals and before KO but genuinely think most people just can't be arsed to help get it going in the first place. None of that this time message needs to go out anyone with a voice left after the game gets their season ticket rescinded!

Funny looks would be from the day trippers.

Users who are viewing this thread