cricket 2023 (2 Viewers)

Bertola

This tournament is remniscent of the Ashes in 2013.... They just look like they want to get on the next plane home.

Mott has to go, and Buttler needs replacing as captain. The Stoke pick (whilst understandable) has backfired, team selection is all over the place, and the insistence of chasing a target each game is baffling. There's no game management, they just continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, expecting different results.

Insanity

Terry Gibson's perm

Well done to Trotty hopefully the next England one day coach once they remove this imposter.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good signing for the Bears, George Garton from Sussex, white ball contract with option to play red ball. Looked really promising a couple of years ago

Really need a top order batsman and a decent overseas, they also need a couple of t20 overseas I would try Maxwell again and try to get a decent spinner.

chiefdave

Warner and Smith gone 114-3 off 22 overs even steven at the moment.Least we've got 2 big ones out.
I'm not going to be confident even if we only need about 250 the way we've batted so far in this tournament.

Although I guess you'd say at some point surely one of our big guns has to get a decent score.

chiefdave

stupid from England, they'd got themselves right back into the game and only needed to bump the run rate up by about 1 an over and suddenly decide to start trying to smash every ball for 6

lets hope for some common sense from Butler. Just need to be steady and not throw wickets away and we'll win this

Grendel

The first ever timed out decision in international cricket - bizarre!

Terry Gibson's perm

The first ever timed out decision in international cricket - bizarre!

I’m amazed it hasn’t happened before some of the players seem to take an absolute age to be ready and while they are messing about the fielding team gets punished.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just seen a report that said his two minutes was up even before he messed with the helmet so deserved it.

Grendel

England may have to now win the last two matches or be eliminated from the ICC Trophy in 2025

SkyBlueSoul

This is some effort by Maxwell to drag them back into this, 155 off 109 so far. Aus needing 43 from 40.

As I type that he's just reversed a fast bowler for six. All of this with cramp meaning he can't run or move that well.

SkyBlueSoul

That is simply incredible. 201* and winning it with a six when you can barely walk

CJ_covblaze

Incredible stand. Proper hero level stuff. Was hoping the game would go the other way but sometimes you have to watch and admire brilliance like that.

chiefdave

Surely we’re not going to lose to Netherlands? Not looking great so far

Need to hope our bowlers turn up

CCFCSteve

Surely we’re not going to lose to Netherlands? Not looking great so far

Need to hope our bowlers turn up

Some of batsmen are just mentally shot. Bizarre considering the experience etc. decent score all down to stokes…again (I say that as he almost holes out on the boundary !)

SkyBlueSoul

Root getting bowled through his legs trying to ramp it just about sums it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread