Crowd be interesting next week. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Will drop to about 6000 in a few weeks.

covcity4life

Its gonna take a biy if a prolonged period of good results to get bog attedences back

If we are near top in new year we sill start hitting over 10k for games i think

Irish Sky Blue

Of course the major issues are still there. And there is nothing we can do about it.

But the rest is looking good for once. We look to be finally on the up. And this is the point some of us have been trying to make. Do we put effort into anti SISU things at games that won't change anything or do we give our 100% backing to the lads on the pitch? This would make a difference. It can be like having a 12th man on the pitch. Let's be the loudest supporters in all 46 games. It is possible at this level.

Even the money is going towards thoughts of us having a good season :woot:

View attachment 7918
I agree with all of that except that we can't do anything about Sisu. If City fans don't keep the focus on them who will?

Irish Sky Blue

Where have I said that? You are the one who keeps going on about people forgetting or passively watching. You are the one worrying people will suddenly forget everything because of a couple of wins.

I've said the protests haven't achieved anything, sisu are still here. If you want to go and throw dog shit at the sisu offices then crack on, you could see how much protests were being more divisive than good last year. Way more divisive than my sarcasm and dickishness could ever imagine to be.

The thing that unified fans most was Wembley, all the talk was about ccfc. Bollocks to anybody else.

There is proof a protest cost us a goal.... Which in turn cost us points.

I've just logged on to have our nightly conversation where I tell you exactly what I mean and then you try to twist my words into something else. However I came across this on the matchday thread.

A guy came on and criticised today's performance. You said to him

The cunts have come crawling out Where have you been?

His reply to you was;

I've been battling prostate cancer Nick.

Your reply was;

Did it get cured the minute we lost a game? Poor form to try that one. Bell end

He said;

You think what you like fella

Your reply

What that you don't post for months until we lose a game? Amazing timing isn't it? Twat

Having read that I realise that there is no point in having a conversation with someone who treats another person in that way. I would be pretty sure you don't know this chap or his circumstances and so to talk to him in that way really shows you up. Would you show that conversation to your mum and dad, your wife your children? Football's important but nothing justifies speaking to someone else in that way. You should be ashamed. As far as I am concerned a conversation with you is worthless and so I won't be replying.

Nick

Administrator
I've just logged on to have our nightly conversation where I tell you exactly what I mean and then you try to twist my words into something else. However I came across this on the matchday thread.

A guy came on and criticised today's performance. You said to him

The cunts have come crawling out Where have you been?

His reply to you was;

I've been battling prostate cancer Nick.

Your reply was;

Did it get cured the minute we lost a game? Poor form to try that one. Bell end

He said;

You think what you like fella

Your reply

What that you don't post for months until we lose a game? Amazing timing isn't it? Twat

Having read that I realise that there is no point in having a conversation with someone who treats another person in that way. I would be pretty sure you don't know this chap or his circumstances and so to talk to him in that way really shows you up. Would you show that conversation to your mum and dad, your wife your children? Football's important but nothing justifies speaking to someone else in that way. You should be ashamed. As far as I am concerned a conversation with you is worthless and so I won't be replying.
Try reading post histories, see when people suddenly start posting... Then using cancer as a reason to come on in full time? Strange timing don't you think?

I don't want anybody to have cancer and hope he is ok, if he suddenly felt ok dead on full time to post and hadn't for months (as obviously more important things) I apologise profusely.

Edit: there was no need for me to add the swear words in. I'm sorry about that! Better ways to explain the point.

Last edited:

Brylowes

Try reading post histories, see when people suddenly start posting... Then using cancer as a reason to come on in full time? Strange timing don't you think?

I don't want anybody to have cancer and hope he is ok, if he suddenly felt ok dead on full time to post and hadn't for months (as obviously more important things) I apologise profusely.

Edit: there was no need for me to add the swear words in. I'm sorry about that! Better ways to explain the point.
If that's how you respond to someone who has just told you he's battling cancer, I think
Your use of foul language is the least of your worries TBH

Nick

Administrator
If that's how you respond to someone who has just told you he's battling cancer, I think
No you are right, I was the c**t. Insensitive c**t. I didn't need to have that attitude and could have explained and said the same point without being horrible. I apologise.

Brylowes

No you are right, I was the c**t. Insensitive c**t. I didn't need to have that attitude and could have explained and said the same point without being horrible. I apologise.
Takes a man to admit when he's wrong, Fair play.

Irish Sky Blue

I logged on to here about 8.30 last night, so a couple of hours after these comments were written. As I was reading through I was sure that someone would challenge the responses to a chap who has just said he hasn't been on here for a while because he has cancer. No one said anything. At that time I am sure posts were flying in so some would have missed them. A good number of posters must have read them though and didn't comment or try to support the other guy. If racist or sexist comments had been posted then I think they would quite rightly have been challenged. Why not this one though? Is it okay because everyone is anonymous on sites like this to abuse a guy who has just stated he has cancer?
Of even more concern perhaps is the fact that the guy on the end of these comments, Ecky, didn't post again after the second round of abuse. He had made quite a few posts in that thread before then. I know that If I had just told someone I had cancer and that is the way they treated me I would feel pretty low. I did try to message Ecky last night just to say I was sorry for the way he was treated but so far I haven't had a reply. (In fairness I might not have done this right, went onto conversations?)

Hobo

Disappointing attendance given we were top of the league.

Discount the away fans and it was a drop of 700 to 800 home fans on the opening fixture. Yes we were top of the league but come on, only after two games. Two games where we won, but performances were okay to promising rather than stunning. If we can become consistent and stay in touch in the top 5 attendances will gradually rise, but winning the lost fans back to attend regularly will be a slow process.

Otis

Discount the away fans and it was a drop of 700 to 800 home fans on the opening fixture. Yes we were top of the league but come on, only after two games. Two games where we won, but performances were okay to promising rather than stunning. If we can become consistent and stay in touch in the top 5 attendances will gradually rise, but winning the lost fans back to attend regularly will be a slow process.

You do have to factor in though that some people just go to the opening games of seasons. Just like you get a boost on Boxing Day and sometimes in the very last match of the season too.

Think we need a few wins in order to woo people back for sure.

skybluetony176

You do have to factor in though that some people just go to the opening games of seasons. Just like you get a boost on Boxing Day and sometimes in the very last match of the season too.

Still holiday season also, you could even factor weddings in if you really like.

higgs

As much as I love football and ccfc. I is only a sport and in the real world people are ill get bad diagnosis and have to fight for their lives that's what we want to see from the players in our sky blue shirts fight for the club as good results help our attitude and positivity and for someone like ecky battling 3 points on a Saturday could have him buzzing for the week. Shows how much the guy cares about the sky blues that a defeat still hurts while he has his own battle going on. Best wishes ecky pusb

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

I logged on to here about 8.30 last night, so a couple of hours after these comments were written. As I was reading through I was sure that someone would challenge the responses to a chap who has just said he hasn't been on here for a while because he has cancer. No one said anything. At that time I am sure posts were flying in so some would have missed them. A good number of posters must have read them though and didn't comment or try to support the other guy. If racist or sexist comments had been posted then I think they would quite rightly have been challenged. Why not this one though? Is it okay because everyone is anonymous on sites like this to abuse a guy who has just stated he has cancer?
Of even more concern perhaps is the fact that the guy on the end of these comments, Ecky, didn't post again after the second round of abuse. He had made quite a few posts in that thread before then. I know that If I had just told someone I had cancer and that is the way they treated me I would feel pretty low. I did try to message Ecky last night just to say I was sorry for the way he was treated but so far I haven't had a reply. (In fairness I might not have done this right, went onto conversations?)
Yeah I'm surprised it wasn't picked up by anybody, but as you say it was the match thread
And posts were coming thick and fast, and yes it must have left the recipient feeling low.
In Nicks defence, though he talks shite most of the time :emoji_smirk: he's never struck me as cruel
Or vindictive, think he more likely got carried away and now regrets his behaviour, I wouldn't
Be surprised if he's in touch with Ecky to apologise for his insensitive remarks.

Hobo

Perhaps this from another thread will support my opinion:

"Put like that it seems a no brainer and good advice.
But what some people have to realise is for some families the 320 quid is a difficult outlay in one go. From my own experience, often having had jobs where you get one Saturday off in four is pretty restrictive; and those sort of jobs are pretty common and employ a lot of people in this city and the surrounding area. This season at the age of 56 (retired) is the first season since I was 18 that I have every Saturday off.

There are a lot of floating fan base out there who go when they can. It can be hard when it is not aroutine thing and your one Saturday in four can be pretty precious."

No exact science Otis but I accept marketing improving revenues is a delicate thing. I Have also previously posted just because our average is say 10,000 don't assume it is the same ten thousand each game.

Irish Sky Blue

Yeah I'm surprised it wasn't picked up by anybody, but as you say it was the match thread
And posts were coming thick and fast, and yes it must have left the recipient feeling low.
In Nicks defence, though he talks shite most of the time :emoji_smirk: he's never struck me as cruel
Or vindictive, think he more likely got carried away and now regrets his behaviour, I wouldn't
Be surprised if he's in touch with Ecky to apologise for his insensitive remarks.
It's the least he should do.

Users who are viewing this thread