Darren Brown Apocalypse (1 Viewer)

Tad

Darren Browns Apocalypse

Anyone caught it? It's clever, but not sure if its fake or not. If its real surely this is very dangerous. Playing with someone's emotions and mental well being at this level surely can't be good for you?

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All a bit daft if you ask me. What is he trying to prove anyway? It's all been done before only differently. Shan't bother with next weeks.

Houchens Head

Channel bore... oops sorry channel four.

Otis

Don't think it was fake.

I've seen him live and he is absolutely brilliant.

And 'what's he trying to prove?' Well, one, he's the ultimate showman, incredibly clever and intelligent and I think he just wants to prove that he can bring out a better feeling of well-being in someone.

People have been on his shows before and come out of it feeling incredibly positive and with them saying it changed their lives for the better.

The bloke is a brilliant hypnotist and psychoanalyst and I just think there is nothing else like him out there. He also pushes boundaries which I think is a very good thing.

Regis87

Good viewing but feeling sorry for that bloke , he must be scared shitless !
Next week he is getting attacked by zombies !

jon92

Yh I seen it thought it was really gd probably would of been better of it was a longer episode and showed the next part aswell

Otis

Can't say I care to much for the bloke. Seems a bit of an arse and lazy, ignorant twat.

Hopefully this adventure will turn him into Mother Teresa.

Houchens Head

Don't think he's any different to Paul McKenna. Just some sort of hypnotist that makes people believe anything.

Otis

Ohh, he's so much more than that Houch. So much more. McKenna is just a hypnotist. Brown uses magic, suggestion, misdirection, hypnotism, illusion and so much more.

Have you ever seen any of his live shows? The bloke is a genius and incredibly intelligent. Some of the stuff he does is simply amazing.

Only a tiny proportion of what he does is hypnotism.

Houchens Head

I watched it with the missus for a while, but when all those "zombie" type people came out of the woodwork, that did it for me. Absolute bollocks! I can't believ how gullible some people are, even if they are (ahem!) "hypnotised"!

ajsccfc

Playing with someone's emotions and mental well being at this level surely can't be good for you?

He stressed that they took every precaution with the person they selected with the help of psychoanalysts and the like.

I thought it was fun, although it seems implausible that a person's only source of a possible world event is his own phone and TV.

Otis

But seeing that bloke in his daily life I can well believe it. He's a bit of a slob. Either lazing on the sofa or down the pub with his mates. That was his world, so entirely feasible I would have thought, especially with his family and close friends in on the scheme.

ajsccfc

I can't fathom how they could keep the pretence up, even if he hangs around with the kind of people who have no awareness of the world.

Of course the thing with all kinds of shows like this is to enjoy it rather than peek behind the curtain and last night's one was a lot of fun. The biggest downpoint was when it said the second part was a week away, I hoped it was a Friday-Saturday run. Balls.

Otis

A couple of things in his reactions during the show did make me wonder for a second or two whether he was an actor.

A pretty bad one it has to be said. I did dismiss that though. Just thought the guy was a bit of a prat.

I was expecting a few more questions from him though when the event happened. He seemed to accept an awful lot without rationalising.

I guess though that he can be an actor but not a stooge. Just happens to be in the show and is an actor. Feasible for sure.

wingy

Its not Richie Gunns is it ,he reckoned he'd got a new gig around now .;):whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

No offence Richie ,just the Craic:facepalm:

Otis

Been reading lots of the comments.

Apparently the guy is an actor and his profile has been changed a number of time since this fact was discovered, but I still maintain that this guy could be just a guy who is an actor who applied to be on the show. it doesn't mean that he is an actor on the show.

His acting profile is pretty lame anyway. Done nowt of worth since 2008.

wingy

Been reading lots of the comments.

Apparently the guy is an actor and his profile has been changed a number of time since this fact was discovered, but I still maintain that this guy could be just a guy who is an actor who applied to be on the show. it doesn't mean that he is an actor on the show.

His acting profile is pretty lame anyway. Done nowt of worth since 2008.
Is'nt that the kind of Patsy you would look for.

Otis

Yep.

Just a lot of people saying this guy is in on it. Yet for me, a down and out actor desperate for fame would be the most susceptible for such a prank wouldn't he?

wingy

Yep.

Just a lot of people saying this guy is in on it. Yet for me, a down and out actor desperate for fame would be the most susceptible for such a prank wouldn't he?[/QUOT
I get what you say Otis ,unfortanetely hav'nt watched it,so its difficult to make a judgement ,more of a supposition.

Otis

If he was an actor he wasn't very good.

Not the way I would react if the world had come to an end and I was confronted with flesh eating zombies.

Macca

If you were going to be involved in something with this Derren chap wouldn t you be a tiny bit suspicious of what was happening?

Houchens Head

Told you all it was crap a few posts ago, before this came out about it all being staged! :claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
I think I am one of the biggest cynics around when it comes to magic etc. The same with Dynamo, I'd need to see it in front of me to believe it!

Houchens Head

I was always a sceptic with some street magicans as well Nick, but when I was at the Bestival a couple of months back, (on the island), there was a guy who came to our tent (I was there for a charity) and he just started doing these card tricks, Bloody hell he was good. I watched him SOOO carefully but just couldn't see any sleight of hand movements. I thought I was good at card tricks, but he was something else. Can't remember his name though?

Nick

Administrator
With card tricks we know it is because they are very skilful people and can do sleight of hand rather than magic though?

Houchens Head

I agree Nick - and I love a good card trick more than anything. But those "illusions"? Nah! That's why I enjoy those "Magic Secrets Revealed" programmes! I love to see just how easy they are! Clever, but easy!

ajsccfc

You butter people up with the cool tricks and gauge how gullible they are. I successfully fooled a thick kid at work years ago doing the David Blaine levitation.

Houchens Head

I couldn't manage that one ajsccfc - I have steel pins in my toe joints and can't bend my toes! (You'll know what I mean!)

Users who are viewing this thread