Transfer Rumour David Brekalo (5 Viewers)

slowpoke

Brekalo looks like he could be a very good acquisition going on reports of him I see him more of a replacement for McFadzean so imo opinion we still need a LCB Robins has said he wants four more in so two CBs and an attacking midfield/striker along with young Ayari seems to fit the bill to me.

Last edited:

PVA

Brekalo looks like he could be a very good acquisition going on reports of him I see him more of a replacement for McFadzean so imo opinion we still need a LCB Robins has said he wants four more in so two CBs and an attacking midfield/striker along with young Ayari seems to fit the bill to me.

We aren't going to have 6 first team CBs, that'd be overstocked.

slowpoke

We aren't going to have 6 first team CBs, that'd be overstocked.
Well taking into account McFadz age he is short term we had FIVE last season, counting McFadzean we also had McNally, Doyle, Rose, & Panzo what’s the difference ?

SlowerThanPlatt

Well taking into account McFadz age he is short term and we had FIVE last season, McNally, Doyle, McFadz, Rose, & Panzo what’s the difference ?
3 starting and 2 on the bench, another one means a dropping a midfielder or striker who are more likely to be used, not to mention waste of resources anyway

slowpoke

3 starting and 2 on the bench, another one means a dropping a midfielder or striker who are more likely to be used, not to mention waste of resources anyway
You do realise there’s 9 subs this season ? 8 outfield, plenty of times last season we had Rose & Panzo on the bench together.

slowpoke

Yes I’m aware and advocating for five. You said you want to sign two more on top of the four we have making six Rupert
Thankfully I don’t think the manager agrees with you but let’s break the six you say down, one is clearly on his last legs, another is a loan, another is an international cdm I suspect could end up there, not much coming through.

slowpoke

Thankfully I don’t think the manager agrees with you but let’s break the six you say down, one is clearly on his last legs, another is a loan, another is an international cdm I suspect could end up there, not much coming through, we need more imo.

Skybluedownunder

That is the most Ljubljana accent ever.
But my word what an attitude from both him and the club interviewer.

Decent, probing questions and candid , honest answers. All conducted in a second language of the Norwegian journo and Slovenian footballer.

I really really hope he comes, just so he can be asked what first attracted him to Covuntree and if he’s buzzin to finally get it done.

Our brummie interviewer is soooooo bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

Well taking into account McFadz age he is short term we had FIVE last season, counting McFadzean we also had McNally, Doyle, Rose, & Panzo what’s the difference ?

Whats the difference? One is 5 CBs and one is 6 CBs. That's different.

Hobo

Franjly if Binks can’t get in ahead of a right footer May as well Adamarola him now.
I think it is just a case of bedding players in. McFadz is the only one from last season out of 3 centre backs and two wing backs. No reason to chop and change every week the way we have been playing.

Binks will get plenty of chances during the season.

It is ridiculous how fans want squad depth, but when someone doesn't play in first three games they question why they are here?

In my opinion too much is being made of the need for left footers or right footers. Having played on both sides in defence it makes little difference. Unless of course your weaker foot is just to stop you falling over? As long as you can hack a clearance out of defence with your left and pass accurately over 10-15 ft with your left....it really isn't a problem.

Matt smith

I think it is just a case of bedding players in. McFadz is the only one from last season out of 3 centre backs and two wing backs. No reason to chop and change every week the way we have been playing.

It is ridiculous how fans want squad depth, but when someone doesn't play in first three games they question why they are here?

In my opinion too much is being made of the need for left footers or right footers. Having played on both sides in defence it makes little difference. Unless of course your weaker foot is just to stop you falling over? As long as you can hack a clearance out of defence with your left and pass accurately over 10-15 ft with your left....it really isn't a problem.
Hit the nail on the head with that third comment

fatso

Franjly if Binks can’t get in ahead of a right footer May as well Adamarola him now.
Binks is on loan, wouldn't be ideal to not give Lats a chance before using a loan.
IMHO.

I'm sure we will need Binks at some stage, if only to give Fadz a rest.

Houdi

What has Binks done wrong? I think he may well be a surprise package. Someone we may rely on throughout the season.
Indeed, although we have only got his highlights video to go on, so clearly not totally conclusive , but he does look pretty impressive for a left sided defensive player. On the surface he has all the attributes to be a top defender, pace, height 6' 3'' ,aggression and can seemingly ping 60+ yards passes with ease.
The trouble is you can never know how many injuries and suspensions we are going to suffer, and of course squad depth is important, but having too big a squad can also create problems if some players don't get significant game time.
Up to the New Year we only have league games with no cup distractions, so I am not sure we need anymore than maybe 1 more central defender to the squad.

Torquay Sky Blue

Hyam was awful on the left side of defence and only played well on his natural right. Rose was awful on either side

PVA

We had 5 last season plus Bidwell.

Yes exactly.

And Bidwell didn't play a single game at CB last season and our 5th CB didn't make the matchday squad for the last 3 months of the season.

So why would we have 6 CBs this year? Especially as Bidwell is now 2nd choice LWB so is more available to play CB if we really need him to.

Deity

To my mind the decision depends on whether Robins,having now worked with Binks for a few weeks, thinks he is instantly ready to come in.
If he doesn’t then I would bring another left sided central defender in.

Brighton Sky Blue

To my mind the decision depends on whether Robins,having now worked with Binks for a few weeks, thinks he is instantly ready to come in.
If he doesn’t then I would bring another left sided central defender in.
Another central defender is needed regardless if the plan is to move McF out of the side.

Users who are viewing this thread