Day Trippers, Glory Hunters....isnt it getting a bit boring now? (1 Viewer)

skyblueiom

Why do people get so worked up at the fans who either dont have a season ticket or dont attend 46 league games a year? Its getting boring now, cant we come together behind the one reason we are all here - the football club. Should it matter how many games you attend? There are numerous reasons why people cant always go, or cant go much, but is that a reason to keep droning on with the same boring name calling? Would we have had the awesome site of the SBA taking over half of Wembley on Saturday if 'glory hunters' werent allowed in? Of course not.

I keep watching back the videos I took inside the stadium on Saturday, and it makes me truly proud to be a sky blue, the scenes were emotional to say the least. Even those who slagged off the flags idea as cringe must have been impressed with the spectacle.

WestEndAgro

There was a huge amount who won't appear until the next Wembley trip, but hopefully a fair few may have caught the bug.
I personally know of dozens who attended their first ever Cov game on Saturday.
How do we describe them? because they certainly aren't Cov fan's.

skyblueiom

There was a huge amount who won't appear until the next Wembley trip, but hopefully a fair few may have caught the bug.
do we need to give anyone a label - especially as its generally derogatory in its nature.

matesx

I'd describe them as plastic because that's what they are.

Flying Fokker

At the end of the day it’s about money into the club’s funds.
The fact that people are prepared to pay to see us is a bonus.
I think that day out may also encourage others to come. Except they could have bought 1/2 a season ticket with their money! Come to think of it, everyone benefits from the glory hunters boosting the attendance.

matesx

..everyone benefits from the glory hunters....

label alert!!

torchomatic

As I may have mentioned on another thread. As we were coming out of the Yellow Zone on Saturday there was this guy shouting "Day trippers" to fellow fans as we were walking down the ramps. "They'll be thirty thousand there every week with you lot, won't there, next season?", etc etc. Even his mates tried to quieten him down, but he wasn't having any of it. Total prick.

Garlana86

I dont overly mind the use of the phrase "day tripper" when used in the correct context, as for some of the attendees, thats what they were. I was on the train down with some of our fans who had brought mates with them who were saying "we" in reference to Liverpool and Spurs, which was a tad anoyying knowing that many Coventry fans were not able to go.

What did come across as a little obnoxious was the feeling i get off the very few that they were some how trying to elavate their own position as a die hard city fan by putting others down, that is boring. I mentioned it on a previous post that there are MANY reasons why people cant commit to a season ticket or go games all season long that doesnt detract from their loyalty to the club. What these days do for these fans is provide them with an exceptional circumstance to; get in a babysitter, book the days off work, travel from a far away place (for those overseas) etc, etc...

slondonskyblue

It is relevant as those that don't attend aren't supporting the club financially, and then tend moan that we don't win when they do turn up.

The best thing we can all do is get down to the CBS next year and support the team. The more that attend the more money from ticket sales, and the more reinvestment in the squad.

Flying Fokker

..everyone benefits from the glory hunters....

label alert!!
Ahem, I expect season ticket holders to benefit first. The rest is a scramble despite their personal reasons why they want a ticket.
I’m sure any reasonable response is to enjoy the game for what it was. A great day out for everyone…

I know it cost some people a lot of money to go to one of their few city games.

On another note, the sooner they release the normal season tickets,the better. They might just sell a few more.

Matt smith

Why won’t they be there for the first game of the season

because 10,000 are glory hunters who are Man U when Cov are doing poor and Cov when Cov are doing well

they’ll ask you for a ticket but then ask why you support them after they lose 5 games/have a poor period

I know people who haven’t been to a game since the 87 final who went Saturday - plastic

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

As I may have mentioned on another thread. As we were coming out of the Yellow Zone on Saturday there was this guy shouting "Day trippers" to fellow fans as we were walking down the ramps. "They'll be thirty thousand there every week with you lot, won't there, next season?", etc etc. Even his mates tried to quieten him down, but he wasn't having any of it. Total prick.
And what a nob he was. It was same on the overground to wealdstone, except it was seniors ribbing those in their coach who were out for a day drip.

mrfr

Potential fans. And if they were treated that way maybe they’d be buying a season ticket next year, or coming along more often. there’s a weird dichotomy amongst Cov fans of bemoaning the level of hardcore support given the size of the catchment area, and then also failing to make people feel welcome when they start out on their journey as a supporter.

Given the state of the economy and the quality of life of people particularly in Coventry and the surrounding area it’s a miracle anyone shows up without already being incredibly tribal.

napolimp

No problem with fans who can't get down to games very often (myself being one) for whatever reason, but obviously still want to go to the big match. But there were definitely a lot there that don't fall into this category. There was a bunch of lads sat near me, 2 on one side and the other 2 across the aisle. One of the guys across the aisle was clearly an invested city fan, and singing all the chants, but at one point I heard the 2 next to me say "that number 17's decent isn't he".

Flying Fokker

Why won’t they be there for the first game of the season

because 10,000 are glory hunters who are Man U when Cov are doing poor and Cov when Cov are doing well

they’ll ask you for a ticket but then ask why you support them after they lose 5 games

I know people who haven’t been to a game since the 87 final who went Saturday - plastic
You won’t get me supporting small clubs like ManU. No way.

Matt smith

Potential fans. And if they were treated that way maybe they’d be buying a season ticket next year, or coming along more often. there’s a weird dichotomy amongst Cov fans of bemoaning the level of hardcore support given the size of the catchment area, and then also failing to make people feel welcome when they start out on their journey as a supporter.

Given the state of the economy and the quality of life of people particularly in Coventry and the surrounding area it’s a miracle anyone shows up without already being incredibly tribal.
Whilst I agree with the journey of being a supporter and I completely agree that that’s great

but you can’t deny there’s also lots of plastic Cov fans

Flying Fokker

I see your point, I saw a lot of families at Wembley, parents with very young children etc. it was good to see. I’m just hoping some of them come up to the CBS.

None of us are forced to go up the City.

AJB1983

Could have sworn I’d seen Dermot Gallagher in the concourse before kick off?

so me and the kids all season ticket holders. Went every game from the Bristol city game season before (3-2 game), didn’t go st andrews, but the league 2 and league one seasons were in corporate every home game at the Ricoh.

me and the mrs has ST’s for years at Ricoh until the children came along, then she forego hers and I carried on with my mates. She used to go a lot before we met to highfield rd, was at the charity shield game in 1987.

she’s been to a couple of games this season plus Wembley? Does that make her a “daytripper” or a plastic fan cos the kids wanted her to come with us as a family?

equally I know people who missed out on tickets who are similar - used to be season ticket holders for years, only go every now and then nowadays cos of circumstances, so I understand the argument, but don’t think it’s fair to label supporters.

Flying Fokker

Whilst I agree with the journey of being a supporter and I completely agree that that’s great

but you can’t deny there’s also lots of plastic Cov fans
Well, we now have a Tottenham and and Arsenal fan who are season ticket holders. They don’t realize it, but the cannula is already in place, ready to turn their blood Sky Blue. They signed up to the prem 500 deal. Still good value for money compared to London prices.

Users who are viewing this thread