Dead Rock Stars (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

In the pub last night a bloke was talking to his mates about dead rock stars and I said who would be in your band made up of deceased stars ?We set it at six and here's mine.
Drums: Keith Moon. Lead Singers:Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison.Guitarists: Jimi Hendrix,John Lennon and Paul Kossoff.(FREE) It 's not easy picking six favourites though. Any more suggestions ?

Otis

Drums: Keith Moon, Bass: Dee Dee Ramone, Guitar: Nick Drake, Kurt Cobain, Vocals: John Lennon & Ian Curtis.

That band would blow anybody's mind.

Real

Freddie Mercury
Phil Lynott
Mark Bolan

Three off the top of my head worthy of consideration.

TheUKGryphon

Drums - John Bonham
Bass - Phil Lynott
Organ/Keyboards - Jon Lord
Vocals - Ronnie James Dio
Guitar - Duane Allman

musicmanskyblue

I would go for a 6 piece...

Drums... John Bonham
Bass... John Entwistle.. Although I didn't like the Who much..
Hammond B3 (Organ) Jon Lord
Piano/Keys Rick Wright
Guitar... Jimi Hendrix
Vocals .. Janis Joplin...

Others worth a mention.. Bob Marley, and Gary Moore

Grendel

Drums - John Bonham
Bass - Phil Lynott
Organ/Keyboards - Jon Lord
Vocals - Ronnie James Dio
Guitar - Duane Allman

A good choice - as an alternative;

Bon Scott - vocals
Randy Rhodes - Guitar
Jack Bruce - Bass
Richard Wright - keyboard
Clive Burr - Drums

NorthernWisdom

Vocals - Dio
Lead guitar - Paul Kossof
Rhythm guitar - Mel Galley
Bass - Jack Bruce (although open to change)
Keys - Jon Lord
Drums - Cozy Powell

None of the Whitesnake choices picked for their time in White snake!

stupot07

Drums Keith moon
Bass john entwistle
Rhythm guitar kirk cobain
Lead guitar Jimi Hendrix
Vocals Jim Morrison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mrtrench

Drums: Keith Moon, Bass: Dee Dee Ramone, Guitar: Nick Drake, Kurt Cobain, Vocals: John Lennon & Ian Curtis.

That band would blow anybody's mind.

Nick Drake and Kurt Cobain? I'm finding it very difficult to imagine how they would ever agree on a style. Moreover, with those two and Ian Curtis, they ain't going to be around too long before they start to top themselves all over again.

Otis

Nick Drake and Kurt Cobain? I'm finding it very difficult to imagine how they would ever agree on a style. Moreover, with those two and Ian Curtis, they ain't going to be around too long before they start to top themselves all over again.

But we'd have so many songs about heartfelt, inner angst and turmoil songs bleeding through in the meanwhile.

mrtrench

Love all these, but presently I'm going through a Syd Barrett phase so I'd just have him with his guitar performing Dark Globe.

[video=youtube;xEr6w7P44Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEr6w7P44Nk[/video]

Otis

Okay, another stab.

Karen Carpenter on drums.
Sid Vicious on bass
John Denver - guitar
Brian Jones - guitar
Chico Marx - Piano
Frank Sinatra -Vocals

Otis

John Denver would be safe with our Sid, because no-one would hit a woman in glasses.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sid Vicious couldn't play bass for jack....he was shit at everything except getting fucked up.....and he even had to get his mummy to help him do that....

Just a fucking cartoon character....certainly not a musician...and certainly doesn't belong on the same thread as some of the greats listed previously.

Otis

Sid Vicious couldn't play bass for jack....he was shit at everything except getting fucked up.....and he even had to get his mummy to help him do that....

Just a fucking cartoon character....certainly not a musician...and certainly doesn't belong on the same thread as some of the greats listed previously.

Yeah, like I was serious with John Denver and Karen Carpenter. :whistle:

bringbackrattles

In the pub we talked about rock stars who are alive but really should be six feet under.Ozzy Osbourne,Lemmy,and Keith Richard sprang to mind !

Users who are viewing this thread