Deadline Day Thread (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

So, who's coming in and who is going out today?

I reckon we need at least a couple of players in today, but have a feeling I am going to be bitterly disappointed.

Blind-Faith

If we don’t make a big sale and get in 1 CB I’ll be quietly pleased.

IF we make a big sale then I’d want us to make a few more signings with the extra cash in the bank.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Expecting nothing, therefore will not be disappointed if nothing happens. Hoping to be able to cling on to the big 4, a CB would be nice, and a CM but I dont think either will happen without the sale of Vik or Gus

covcity4life

Why would gyok wanna stay in a Team that plays so shit as yesterday? He may wanna go for all we know

For me we must get a rwb and lwb if adarmola goes.

Eccles okayed better yday but he is not a wing back. We need completion for dabo so either sort it out with kane or get someone in

D

Deleted member 2477

Boddy is on the phone as we speak touting out anyone he can on a bogof deal.

seriously dont think we will be bringing anyone in and expect one to go. Hope Im wrong but a team that for the majority of the season was in the play offs you would expect any decent owners to support the manager to improve this season and push that bit further but we have sold our best centre half, got three other players of the wage bill a long with losing two season long loans and yet we have one player on a free and two kids on loan is both embarassing and shows that Sisu have no apetite for pushing on. I honestly think they would prefer us to be in league 1 where they can spend as little as they need to to keep us playing

slowpoke

We can’t sell one of the big four obviously won’t be O’Hare and Vik would be disastrous in my opinion, CB possibly, but I was impressed with Doyle last night and with Panzo we might although not ideal be okay at the back but they all need to stay fit.
Goalkeeper is a big worry for me. Wilson not a long term answer or Simon Moore, Robins should have given either Billson or Tyler a go v Bristol City.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

O’hare transfer not happening has caused us a lot of issues financially. It was the deal that meant nobody else had to go. Suspect Vik or Hamer will be gone by close.

Grendel

O’hare transfer not happening has caused us a lot of issues financially. It was the deal that meant nobody else had to go. Suspect Vik or Hamer will be gone by close.

Unlikely to get a buyer for either in reality for a reasonable fee now

Offhegoes

If any of the big 3 are sold today it would really be sticking it to the fans and management. No chance of a permanent replacement, and we'll be swimming in the loan market for a couple of. weeks looking for a barely adequate replacement. Ideally Walker goes, and we have some loose change to go and get a wing back or centre half

KenilworthSkyBlue

If at all possible I'm hoping the club might leave a big sale to January. It's a window where traditionally clubs pay over the odds and that's what they're clearly relying on.

Last edited:

Mcbean

I personally think that Sisu are bricking it that all the goodwill and value built up over the last two seasons is leaking away so I think no one else will go - they do want to get out but there’s value in those players that can be discussed in a deal - without them priced could be much lower as you have to replace them

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

Definitely a concerning day today. This forum is prone to emotive outbursts but if Gyokeres goes that really is a season changer. At this point, even if it’s a large fee we’ll have no time to replace.

Ideal scenario;

Out:
Walker
Waghorn
Kane

In:
RCB
RWB
LWB (back up)
ST
ACM

In reality I think other than an incoming RCB we won’t get any of that.

edgy

I like to think that if the was any real interest prior to today and that the narrative that we are actively touting players around then there would've been some glaring ommissions last night.

That was my first thought seeing Hamer on the bench last night. Then decided it was just a poor decision by MR.

KenilworthSkyBlue

At the risk of this turning into the Brexit thread is there any reason he wouldn't get a work permit or have the rules changed post-Brexit?

Due to Heracles' relegation to the Dutch second division as that means he doesn't accumulate enough points to be awarded with a GBE.

shepardo01

Birmingham after Chong from Man Utd.... likely he'll go to West Brom!
Also Birmingham were doing a deal for Josh Maja- but apparently fallen through...
They are/would be big deals for both clubs mentioned above!!

PVA

At the risk of this turning into the Brexit thread is there any reason he wouldn't get a work permit or have the rules changed post-Brexit?

Yes the rules have changed since Brexit, it is now much harder to sign players from Europe.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Birmingham after Chong from Man Utd.... likely he'll go to West Brom!
Also Birmingham were doing a deal for Josh Maja- but apparently fallen through...
They are/would be big deals for both clubs mentioned above!!

They tried for Kabongo at Chesterfield as well who I think is set to sign for Wigan.

PVA

Hopefully we can shift Walker out, he's clearly 5th choice striker and that's a lot of money for a few 5 min cameos here and there.

Doyle's performance last night made me less desperate for another CB, but would still be nice. If the Adaramola rumours are true then we desperately need a LWB.

Users who are viewing this thread